• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Starter Final Evolution of Each Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
Years
  • Well, my opinion isn't based on "best", but rather what my favorites are.

Grass: Meganium
    Fire: Typhlosion
    Water: Empoleon

However, if I had to go by best, I would have no opinion on grass or fire(Since I never use those starters save fr Meganium), but my opinion on the best Water starter is by far Empoleon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Grass
    I rarely use the grass starter, but my best experience has been with Sceptile, and he was amazing in the anime too. <3

Fire
    Everybody likes Charizard, no question about it. But I have to say I love Blaziken more, despite the implications of him being a giant red rooster.

Water
    I tend to use the water starters most often and this make me have difficulty choosing one. I loved my Empoleon, my Swampert, my Blastoise, and my Samurott. Don't make me choose.

Years
  • My fave fully evolved starters

Grass: Don't often use Grass much, but I have to say Sceptile and Meganium.

Fire: I love Typhlosion and Infernape they evolve from my fave Fire starters.

Water: Empoleon and Samurott they are so strong.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Grass: Venusaur; because Bulbasaur is my favorite starter periods. :3

Fire: Emboar; its pretty nice; it can learn a lot of moves. ^^ I wasn't one to like Infernape or Blaziken though. DX;

Water: Swampert; because it has preeeety good typing; and great defense. <3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Grass: Venusaur - truth betold, I've never had a Grass Pokemon in my team after RBY, and I chose it in the first place because I like the name Bulbasaur. Still, I can't remember being disappointed with good ol' Veny when battling all through Kanto

Fire: Charizard - sentimental reasons probably overshadow my judgment in this case, but the heart wants what the heart wants! It can fly, and it has FIRE COMING OUT OF ITS TAIL and it's almost dinosaur-like in appearance. Normally I'm satisfied with most of the fire starters, but Charizard holds a special candle to my heart.

Water: Swampert - mainly due to its awesome type-set. Truth betold, I can't remember a lot about it, but if I say Blastoise it'll just appear that I have a massive fanboygasm over Gen I, Feraligatr's horrible name is an instant rejection by me, the current Samurott on my Black team is getting replaced the instant I get a Lapras and I didn't play Diamond/Pearl, so have no idea about the merits of Empoleon.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • Looks:
    Fire - Blaziken
    Grass - Torterra
    Water - Samurott

For Battling:
    Fire - Blaziken
    Grass - Sceptile
    Water - Swampert, Feraligator, and Empoleon are great but I'll choose Empoleon

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Sceptile

Blaziken

Swampert

Wow, they're all hoenn!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Grass - Sceptile/Serperior. Probably Serperior.
    Fire - Typhlosion. My absolute favorite starter, and maybe favorite pokemon.
    Water - Swampert.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    Sceptile, Charizard and Blastoise, my pick! One word to describe : AMAZING.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Grass: Sceptile, Torterra
    Fire: Charizard, Blaziken, Infernape
    Water: Swampert, Empoleon, Samurott

Yes, I'm tying multiple starters together because I really like them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back