• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best Starter Pokemon

Which Starter is the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProGuava

ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ
Years
  • I dont think one is better than the other. They all have different advantages and disadvantages at different times in the game. Overall I always chose the ones that look the coolest!!!

Years
  • Normally I always back the water pokemon, but Empoleons resistances are more of a curse then a blessing in this Generation. So i have to go with Infernape.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • OOOOHHHH that's really hard! All of them are awesome and are some of my favorites! But because Piplup was 1 of my first Pokemon and my first fav. I have to go with him.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Turtwig. It may be slow--but I love Turtwig anyway...when it's a Torterra, it can resist Fire attacks more~! And Electric attacks don't effect it.

auraginx

Canadian Bacon
    Years
  • i like them all, my favorite overall lineup of starters. however, being a huge fan of steel typing since G/S, i was captivated by Empoleon... especially because penguins are awesome.

ToxicSapphire

Elite Collector
    Years
  • I don't pick starters for power, I pick em if I like the way they look.
    The first time I played Diamond I had a hard time choosing between Chimchar and Piplup and ended up picking Chimchar. But after playing the game over I would say piplup is my favorite. ;) I don't think I've ever had a grass starter... ever. But when I get Black I definitely will choose Snivy! :)
    (It was a hard choice again between Snivy and Oshawhott.)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    All three of the evolution lines interest me, to be honest. I think I'd have to go with Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon though. I always chose it rather than the others since it served a good use throughout the game for me. :P

I can't really say it's the best starter out of the three, however.

Psyshock

Psychic Type Master
    Years
  • The starter I had the most success with in Diamond and Platinum was Piplup so I guess I could consider it to be my favorite.

Years
  • I always get Chimchar, just because there's hardly another Fire-type in the game aside from Ponyta/Rapidash (and they aren't that great). But honestly, as soon as they're not needed I put them in the PC - all the starters from this game were terrible.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I've Used All Of Them In Battle And They Are All As Cool As Each Other

If I Want To Choose I'd Go With Turtwig Because Torterra Is Epic And Earthquake Is Boss In Fights

Years
  • Fire Pokémon are clearly the best, bwahahaha.

Turtwig's evolutions look like a remake of Bulbasaur's, but Piplup is cute.

Infernape is really neat and reminds me of Sūn WùKōng in Journey to the West (西遊記), a Chinese folk tale.

My favourite starter, though, Quilava.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I like Piplup because of Empoleon's versatility. I also think that being a water/steel type is pretty cool too.

Yeah that's what makes Empoleon so good. lol. But my favorite was Turtwig simply because of Torterra. But I also liked Chimchar and Infernape. So it's up in the air for me. I think Gen IV had some of the best starters.

eman1192

Shiny Collector
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2022
    chimchar. infernape is super effective against both empoleon and torterra. and due to his high speed, no way empoleon can hit him first :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back