• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best thing about HGSS?

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
  • I just brought soul silver for my dsi.
    I was just wondering what is the best thing about the game?
    I had Pokemon Gold as a kid so I never really got into silver even tho I had a copy of the game.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Just brought Soul Silver

HeartGold/SoulSilver have basically the same things. There's no difference except the Pokemon available. Same goes for Gold/Silver.
    HeartGold/ SoulSilver also have the same plot as Gold/ Silver except some minor differences. For example, The Kimono girls interact with the player a lot more in HG/SS. The Team Rocket Admins also now have names/ and individual character designs.

I think the best thing about the games is that they added a Safari Zone and the Battle Frontier from Pokemon Platinum.
    You can also customize your PokeGear and have unlimited phone numbers which I like alot.

Edit: I forgot about the following Pokemon. I think that's the one of the coolest things about the game and being able to send them to your Pokewalker and walk with them in real life is just really awesome.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    About the unlimited number thing, BEWARE THE CALL OF YOUNGSTER JOEY. Personally my favourite bit about the games is the following pokemon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Might leave this open as a 'what did you like best about HGSS' thread, although I'll change the thread title to reflect that better.

Years
  • Walking Pokemon without a doubt. It's the only reason I picked it instead of Black and White when I had the chance.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • It's easy to pinpoint a specific feature and call it the best, but I think the best part about the games is that they're graphic, audio and gameplay-enhanced versions of what were already the best games in Pokemon history.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • CUTE POKEMON FOLLOWING ME AROUND OMG. ;______; I kept turning around every five seconds to talk to my Pokemon, lol. I hope they bring this feature back! I loved it. Though I know some didn't, so if it returns, hopefully there will be an option to use it or not.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • About the unlimited number thing, BEWARE THE CALL OF YOUNGSTER JOEY. Personally my favourite bit about the games is the following pokemon.

But... his Ratatta... it's in the top percentage of all Ratatta!

Honestly, though, I don't really know what's best about this game. The auto run was a beautiful feature that should have shown up in BW. I also think the graphics n animations are the best of any main-series Pokemon game, including BW.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    The ability to get so many different Pokemon in one game! All of the legends, too ^^

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • The Follow Me feature, definitely.
    I also like the way two regions are involved ~ It makes the game longer and much more interesting.

Years
  • I love everything about HGSS, the pokemon that fallows you, auto-run, and the possibility to catch so many diffrent pokemons. I can't forget that there is two regions, Kanto and Johto. I honestly love this game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The longer it takes to get through everything when compared to the other entries in the 4th generation, the Pokes following you around, the revamped music along with the ability to go back to the older versions of songs in the game, the fact that it's a lot easier to get the starters in-game and more than 1 for once, and the enhanced Gym Leader and Elite 4 teams when rematching them.

If I had to choose one reason though it would have to be the lengthened quest line.

700th post, yay.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Definitely the Pokewalker! Makes me want to walk alot and exercise more :)

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • I like the following pokemon, I felt naked without a pokemon when I played another pokemon game....and I liked how we had the option to listen to the retro chiptunes if we wanted. I could cry about screwing the game corner, but this isn't the place, my second favourite game overall.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • The best thing for me was the amazing colours and graphics used for the overworld, along with the lengthly quest. I loved having 16 gyms and 2 regions to go through again! :P

ChAriZard 9

I'm a LEGIT Pokemon master!!
    Years
  • The best thing is that it's a remake of the best games. They messed up Red and Blue because there was no day and night. HGSS has everything, and the Pokewalker.

Not red and blue but Fire Red and leaf green.. Meant to say messed up remake of Red and Blue.

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • I honestly think the best thing about HG/SS is a combination of a few factors: attachment value, to the Pokémon and the game itself.

On the side of Pokémon:

You have Pokémon following you that exhibit different reactions and even pick items up;
    You can take said Pokémon into the Pokéathlon for touch screen-involving mini-games;
    You can take Pokémon with you on the Pokéwalker.

On the side of gameplay:

The inclusion of Safari Zone (sandbox), Battle Frontier (replay value) and Pokéathlon (side gaming) on top of the Bug Catching Contest gives the game a sheer increase in its ability to keep you in.

I personally find HG/SS to be the overall best Pokémon games ever made - very solid. Now, if only the game's engine was as fast as B/W...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The general scope of the game that was of course carried over from GSC. GSC were loong games back in the day, so it stands to reason that they're remakes would be just as long compared to Pokemon games of its day.

There was just so much added from GSC to HGSS that it feels completely fresh and new, unlike FRLG compared to RGB. XD

Back