• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best thing about HGSS?

Years
    Reliving the memories of Silver on the Gameboy Colour all recreated with amazing graphics. I especially liked the Whirl Islands and that route to the Safari Zone in HG/SS.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Walking Pokemon without a doubt. It's the only reason I picked it instead of Black and White when I had the chance.

Kindoff a dumb reason to get a game. But I do admit it was a cool feature. Suprised they didn't bring it back in Gen V.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
    One word: everything. Aha, it was a remake of one of my favorite Pokémon games. The fact that your Pokémon follow you again, just like it did in Yellow, made it all the more appealing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Teaming up with Lance again. And this time, actually teaming up with him, as in a double battle.

Oh, and seeing Silver again and actually having his character expanded on.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    I liked having Pokémon follow you around, especially when I caught Groudon and got to have this massive red thing follow me around. :) That was cool.

I liked getting to go into Kanto and beat the leaders there the most, though.
    And then finally the challenge the battle with Red offered was a nice touch, too. :)

Shiny Dunsparce

SummerFeuer on P.G.L
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Aug 5, 2014
    I grew-up with Gold/Silver/Crystal version and already agree that being able to go to Kanto and battle the Gym Leaders there was awesome. Battling Red was also a nice challenge and fantastic ending challenge to the game. With HeartGold/SoulSilver I really liked the re-vamp of graphics, the new features of the Pokeathone Dome and the small tweaks of having the female trainer/male trainer appear throughout the game.
    And of course having your favorite Pokemon follow you (Dunsparce), around is the best thing ever.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
    Now that I've had a chance to play I really do like the Auto-Run and Pokemon following you. I haven't really had time to play because of work and school. But when I do I love that my Quilava follows me everywhere I go. :classic:

Years
    I like that you can battle 16 gym leaders. It's really huge... And also ever since I played yellow, I wanted that a pokemon follows around and they did that in HG/SS. I also like the minigames.

shaymin♥

Expert Trainer
    Years
    I love HGSS for many reasons:
    *Your Pokemon can follow you
    *16 gyms, oh yeah!
    *2 regions
    *Pokewalker (Even though mine broke :P)
    *EVERYTHING!

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I love HGSS for many reasons:
    *Your Pokemon can follow you
    *16 gyms, oh yeah!
    *2 regions
    *Pokewalker (Even though mine broke :P)
    *EVERYTHING!

quoted for truth. I just realized that I had posted pretty much the exact same thing. I have to agree with this. Plus the battle frontier is here as well.

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
    I really love that Pokemon can follow me. I love seeing (and reading) their reactions and stuff. And I like that I don't have to press B all the time to run.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Animated Pokemon following you had to be the best thing, easily flanked by the Kanto Leader Battle Music. That was absolutely stunning, though it got old after listening to it too many times in a row on youtube...

Years
    I didn't mind the whole 'Pokemon following' really, didn't mind it but didn't care for it much.

I still love the times of day and night changing. It was one of my favourite aspects in the originals.​

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    The best thing for me? The whole concept of walking with Pokemon. I love being able to do this. It was fun and nice to see it again.

Years
    Before I started the game, I didn't think I would like Pokemon following me around (never cared for it in Yellow), but the feature quickly grew on me, and now it feels weird to walk around in other games without them.

Years
    I loved the walking with Pokemon feature, you could have any Pokemon walk with you, not just the starter.

It brings back memories of that nostalgia known as Pokemon Yellow.

Murdock 1869

Addicted for sure!
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    My favorite part is that as a kid Crystal was my favorite version. So this is as close as I can get. Plus B E A utiful graphics compared to G/S/C

Back