• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    @Konekodemon - Accepted Happy Rping :)

Just to speed things up, I'll give you your opponent from Oak's lab now (see alipeewee's post if confused), you can do this part in two posts if you want or just one if its easier, whatever suits you.

Okay -

Jill

One of the children who has ecieved her pokemon from Professor Oak, is very immature and dresses like her favourite pokemon Eevee.

pokemon -
    Eevee

Moves - Tackle, Tail Whip

edit - just to let you guys know the OOC thread is up, so post any questions in there rather than on this thread. Cheers

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    Basically, recieve your pokemon as normal along with 5 pokeballs and a pokedex. The battle is there if you want it before heading towards Route One. It's completely up to you if you use it or not.

edit - I'll have Route One up tonight for you :)

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    ok, btw my character in this looks like the female character from fire red/leaf green games

"Oh, what a long day's work," Kairi said, rudding swat from her forehead as she finished working in her garden, for the day. Kairi put her tools away. She, went inside and got a bite to eat. Her mother was still at work. Kairi was eating some rice balls.

She turned on the TV to the news station,"Good evening Pallet. Today we have news from famus researcher Professor Oak. He is giving away 3 pokemon to beginning trainers, tomorrow," said the news lady,"Don't be late, to get your first pokemon it's first come first serve. These are the pokemon being given away, they are Bulbasaur....." a picture of a green looking turtle pokemon appeared,".....Charmander....." a orange looking lizard like Pokemon with it's tail on fire appeared,".....and Squirtle," a tiny blue looking turtle type appeared.

Kairi fell in love right away with the Squirtle,"Awww, it's so cute." Kairi had hearts in her eyes,"It would be perfect for contests. Then it's setled. Tomorrow I'm going to be one of those 3 trainers, getting my first pokemon. Then I can finually become a Pokemon Coordinator like my mom once was."

There was a noise at the door,"Then you better be getting ready for bed then. Kairi turned around and saw her mother walking through the door.

"Oh, mom hi. How was work today?" Kairi asked the older woman.

"Oh, same old stuff," her mother answered,"Anyway you better be getting to bed now, if you want to be on time tomorrow."

"Oh, right," Kairi said. She turned off the TV. She then went and got her Pjamas, a blue set with pictures of Pokeballs on it, and went into her bathroom, and started taking a shower. The whole time while she was bathing she was thinking,'I can't wait.' Kairi giggled.

Kairi got out and got dressed. She then brushed her teeth, with her strawberry toothpaste. Her brush had a picture of a contest ribon on it.

She then blow dried her hair and brushed it. "Now time for bed," she said, as she got into bed with her Jigglypuff doll, cuddleing it. She set her Poke Clock for 8:00 AM, then went to sleep.

(The Next Morning)

Her clock started chiring, making the sound of a Pidgey. "Oh shut up!" Kairi mummbled in her sleep, massing her fist down on her clock, breaking it. She then rolled over and slept somemore.

When she woke up, she felt like it was late. She saw her clock was broken,"Oh, no what time is it!" She looked at the clock on the wall, it said 11:00 AM,"Oh no! I'm late. Kairi jumped up, and hurried up and changed, brushed her teeth, grabbed a quick bite to eat, got on her shoes and ran out the door,'I'll come back for my things after I get Squirtle,' she thought,'I hope it's still there.

She ran to Professor Oak's lab. She saw a sign that said he was away, and that all the Pokemon were already taken.

Kairi walked off looked upset. "Huh? What's that?" She noticed another lab close by. She walked up to it and read the sign,"The lab of Professor Maple huh. Who's she? Maybe she has some Pokemon she's giving out. I'll ask." Kairi went up to the door and knocked.

The Professor opened the door,"So are you here for your first Pokemon?"

"So you do give out, beginning Pokemon as well," Kairi said.

"Of course, come on in. Your kinda late. I only have 2 Pokemon left," the Professor told her, as Kairi walked into the lab. She showed her a Oddish and a Pikachu. Kairi thought the Pikachu was so cute so she picked it.

"Hi there little guy. My name's Kairi. Would you like to be my first Pokemon?" Kairi asked it. Pikachu grinned,"Pika!" It said smiling.

The Oddish looked kinda sad,"Don't worry you'll get a trainer too pretty soon," Kairi reasured the Oddish. "Odd," The Oddish said nodding it's head. Professor Maple recalled Oddish back into it's ball and sit it back onto the table,"Ok Kairi here is your Pokedex. It is a device for gathering information about Pokemon you see or catch. It is also your ID so don't lose it. Also here is 5 Pokeballs used for catching Pokemon. You may carry up to 6 Pokemon with you at one time," The Professor explained. She then explained how to use the Pokedex and Pokeballs,"Ok got it," Kairi told her. Pikachu was so cute she decided to let it stay out of it's ball with her for awhile. "Well thanks for everything Professor."

"Wait," she told Kairi how to get to Viridan City from here,"And when you get there make sure to buy a PokeGear and PokeNAV. They will help you out on your journey."

"Ok," Kairi repiled,"Come on Pikachu let's go." She walked out with Pikachu following behind her.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    I hope I can get a wild card, as it's a new day. Please? D:

Name: Sean Taylor.
    Appearance: Tall, about 5.10". his hace is clean, and his legs are long, his arms are rather short, but still qite long. Has blue hair, blue eyes and blue flame earrings.
    Personality: He has a smart personality, yet relaxes often. Even though he likes the colour blue alot, it doesn't make him a water type lover. He likes fire pokemon, as they match his instinct; vein, stubborn and quite selfish. Likes to listen to music alot.
    History: Sean was lazy and wasn't quite active, even though he was very tall. One day, when he was listening to music too loud, his parents told him that it was his final straw, that he had to get more active and outgoing or else they'd send him to his grandmas, where there are no games or anything. On the radio he was listening to, he heard that there was a new Professor, at Oaks labratory. They were discussing about new trainers and that they have great starters for option. Therefore, he decided to do as he was told. He decided that the only way to get active AND have fun, was to start his Pokemon journey. Only problem, was that he lived right down in Cinnabar Island, and the lab belonging to Professor Maple was across the water, where there were to many Tentacool's to cross by swimmming. So then he went to the docks, where the boat for Pallet Town was 1 minute from departure. He waved his parents goodbye as he got on the boat, he shouted to them "I'll be back once I get my starter to get my things! See ya later!". So then, the boat had started moving, it was faster than he thought, so fast that it only took 10 minutes to get there. Once he got off the boat, he looked around Pallet Town, not too much of a big place to him. Then he looked accross, and saw the huge Pokemon Labratory, where the Professor Maple was covering for Oak while he was in Sinnoh researching. He stood in front of the door to the lab, with nervous tentions. Just waiting and thinking if now was the time, the time to start choosing.
    Starter Choice: Wild Card, Growlithe pleeeeease! :D

Pleeease can I have that wild card? :(

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @KoneKodemon - Nice starting Post.

Congratulations Kairi recieved a Level 5 Pikachu, a Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs

@FlareonFan - okay after seeing your RP sample I am accepting you as the second wild card.

Okay guys Route One will be put up within the hour :). Also for info on your pokemon (attacks, gender, nature etc) see the OOC thread. this should help you in your posts

Last edited:

Bulletproof

Years
    Thank you!

Chapter 1

Sean was nervous, he had a few moments to think about what is ahead of him, "Hmm, let's see here. If I walk through this door, I could have one heck of a life ahead of me. Just think, all those cool Pokemon I'll be able to keep for my own, training them up, battling with other trainers. Ahh I can feel it now...".
    This made up his mind. He put is hand on the handle, pushed it and opened the door. "Wow..." he was amazed by the amount of machinery in here. He saw alot of scientists with clipboards next to the machines, they were checking out the new starters that Prof. Maple had brought with her. Sean saw her at the far end of the labratory, here she was taking a look at 3 PokeBalls, obviously they would have Pokemon inside of them.

He was wondering if he was allowed in, when one of the Scientists walked up to him, "Why, hello. Can I help you in any way?"
    "Well..." the word struggled to come out of his mouth. Sean was shy and wasn't the best type of thinker, they thought if he asked about pokemon, they would think he was an idiot.
    "Is this the place where newcomers come to start their journey?" he tried to sound innocent as he could.
    "Of course it is. Professor Maple hasn't really had many new trainers recently though, and has only just started on her research, she doesn't know much about new Pokemon Trainers." the scientist explained to him. Sean thought for a minute, if he really was at the right place. "Well, do you think it would be alright for me to ask?"
    "I'm pretty sure she will accept, after all, if she knew nothing, Oak wouldn't have left!"
    Sean walked down the metal tiles on the floor, which was soft, yet slippy from being cleaned so much.
    Professor Maple turned around.

"Excuse me..." Sean said with a quite voice.
    "Yes? How can I help you?" She replied, sounding like she had no idea that a child would be in a place like this.
    "I'm a trying to start my new journey of Pokemon Training. Am I in the right place? I was just wondering since-" he explained while she interrupted him.
    "Say no more. I was just checking out these three Pokemon incase somebody like you would show up here. Intrested in seeing what they're like?"
    "Yes! Of course I would!" he was getting excited about finally seeing a Pokemon in front of him, and the feeling that it would be all his.
    Maple opened up the first Pokemon, which contained an Oddish, a small Grass type which was blue with small feet, red eyes and rather big leaves on its head.
    "What do you think of this one?" Maple asked Sean.
    "Hmm...I'm not so sure. It doesn't really suit me."
    Maple looked at him, and wondering if the next Pokemon would really be right.
    She opened the next PokeBall which contained Poliwag, another blue Pokemon which was small, had a pink mouth, a clear tail and a spiral on its body.
    "What about this one, surely someone like you must like the water types, it shows in your hair."
    "I don't think so. Water doesn't really appeal to me that much." he told her.
    "This must be the one" she thought to herself.
    She opened the next PokeBall, which had contained a Vulpix, a orange fox with six tails.
    "This one?" "Well..." he said while thinking to himself. When suddenly, there was an essence of smoke outside. They both ran to see what it was. There was a tree on fire, and next to it was a Growlithe, an orange puppy with black stripes on it.
    "Oh no, not that again!" Maple said, she sounded annoyed by it.
    The Poliwag was still out of its PokeBall. "Poliwag! Use your bubble attack to put out that fire!" Maple commanded.
    The Poliwag sprayed bubbles from its mouth onto the tree, which put out the fire, and the smoke too. The Growlithe was unharmed.
    "Alright! Now its time to stop all these fires around here! Go PokeBall!" she threw the PokeBall at the Growlithe. The ball had rattled.
    1...2...3...then the ball flashed red.
    Sean was amazed by that Pokemon, he made up his mind.
    "So anyway, what about that Vulpix?"
    "Umm, Maple, is it alright if I can have that Growlithe? It was my kind of Pokemon." Sean asked her, sounding excited about it.
    "Are you sure? I only just caugtht it, it hasn't exactly got the right behaviour yet." she told him.
    "I'm sure, all the others weren't as ood as it. I'll try to be a great trainer with it, honest!"
    "Well...if that's what you want, I guess you can keep it."
    Sean was over the moon, he grinned widely.
    "Thank you Maple!!"

slls81

Years
    @FlareonFan - Good first post, an interesting way to obtain a starter for sure... :)

Congratulations Sean recieved a Level 5 Growlithe, a Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs

Okay its ready, Here we go:

Route 1

Number of Posts: 2

Description: A path between Pallet Town and Viridian City with many beginner trainers just starting their journey, there are only a small variety of Pokémon to capture here.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... everyone have fun.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area

Pidgey

Level: 2-4
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye or Tangled Feet
    Attacks: Tackle
    Nature: Random

Rattata

Level: 2-4
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Away or Guts
    Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack (Level 4)

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area

Spearow

Level: 2-5
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Leer (Level 5)

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.

How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    After leaving the lab, Kairi stopped by her house, to pick up a few things. "Mom, I'm back," Kairi called as she came inside. Her mother came around the corner,"Oh, what a cute Pokemon. Did you get it from Professor Oak?" Her mother asked.

"No, Professor Oak was away. I got Pikachu here from Professor Maple," Kairi explained.

"Oh I heard about her. She's the Professor that's just starting out," Kairi mother told her.

"Oh. Well anyway I'm going to be going now. I just stopped by to get my things," Kairi said. Pikachu followed Kairi upstairs. Kairi grabbed her backpack, and started packing things in it. She put in clothes, food, stuff she'll need to wash her clothes, with and some water,"Oh, I may need this stuff as well," Kairi said packing her camping gear, as she figured sometimes she'd have to sleep outside.

"There, now toothbrush, toothpaste, brush and comb, and I'm all set," She said zipping up her bag. She walked down stairs, with Pikachu on her shoulder,"Bye mom I'm leaving now," Kairi said hugging her mother. "Bye, good luck sweety," her mother said.

Kairi then went outside, to get her bike, but it wasn't there,"Darn it! Someone stole my bike!" Kairi conplained. Now she'd have to walk all the way to Viridan City,"Oh well can't be helped I suppose."

Kairi started heading down Route 1,"Now, Pikachu help me look for some wild Pokemon. I'm going to need more than just you if I'm going to be a good Coordinator."

"Pika!" Pikachu said looking around. Kairi and Pikachu passed by a tree. Just as they were passing it, something flew out at them,"What's that!" Kairi screamed startled.

It was a Spearow. It tackled Kairi, knocking her over. Pikachu ran over to Kairi,"Pika! Pikachu, pika pi!"

Kairi got up rubbing the back of her head. She had been knocked against a tree,"Ow! My head!" She moaned in pain. The Spearow flew down again for another attack,"Spear!" It screamed. Pikachu got mad. It didn't like another Pokemon hurting it's trainer like this.

Pikachu faced off against the Spearow and screamed,"Pikaaaaachuuuuuu!" It let loose a thundershock. The Spearow fell to the ground. Kairi rubbed her head again,"Nice work Pikachu. I'll take over from here. Pokeball go!" Kairi threw her Pokeball at the Spearow.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

Years
    Chapter 2

Sean had just recieved his first Pokemon, Growlithe. And is about to start his Pokemon journey.
    "Thanks again for the Pokemon, Maple!" he said sounding all happy and enthusiastic.
    "Any time, Sean. Just remember, you can only hold 6 at a time. So if you ever ant more, use the PC in the nearest Pokemon Center. Also, that remonds me." Maple got out 5 PokeBalls, and a Pokedex out of her pocket.
    "Take these. These will aid you in your quest of Pokemon. The PokeBalls can be used to catch wild Pokemon. Start off by weakening the wild Pokemon for good help, as there is a chance to it. After you've weakened it, simply throw a PokeBall at that wild Pokemon and if it rattles 3 times, then glows red. You've caught it. If not, just try again." she explained to her. Sean had taken this all in to mind.
    "And what's that small red machine thing?" he asked her, sounding interested.
    "Oh, this is the Pokedex. This is what is used to store the data of the Pokemon you've captured. Also, it will give you some info on the Pokemon you have seen too!"
    Sean had recieved the items, and put them in his pocket, they didn't fit so well. "I wish I brought my bag, then they'd be alot more easier to-"
    and then he got reminded.
    "Oh! I have to go back to Cinnabar to get my things! After all, I'm not completely organized yet!"
    "That's fine, take as much time as you want. As soon as you arrive back here, you can take that Route up north, but be careful. Wild Pokemon are in that area, and all the others with that type of grass." Maple explained.
    Sean nodded, and heard the noise of a boat.
    "I think this is the boat for you, Sean. Have a nice adventure!" Maple said.
    Sean walked to the docks. Maple waved to him and he waved back. He started to think to himself, about which moves Growlithe had. That was one thing he forgot. The boat made one final noise and started moving slowly.
    "Maple! Wait!" he shouted, by the side of the boat, his head facing the lab. "What is it?!"
    "Which move does Growlithe have!?"
    "Well, it should only have Bite for now! Just get it to use that for now!" the words weren't very clear to him, he thought she said "Light".

The boat had then went into the river which separated Pallet Town from Cinnabar Island. This boat wasn't as fast as the last one. It was moving rather slow down the river, however it felt relaxing. He took a look out of the sea. There were alot of rocks that were grey, which were floating on the surface.
    Since Sean was relaxed, he thought he'd send out growlithe for the first time, so they could get to know each other. He got the ball out, with Growlithe in it and pushed the small white button in the middle of it. A red beam had shone from the ball, when it was opening, and then the beam was actually Growlithe. Once out, its tail was wagging a lot. It seemed quite loyal to Sean.
    Grolithe jumped into Seans arms, it seems like they liked each other already. It had stayed with him throughout the journey, looking rather evil at the other passengers on the boat. This reminded him to check his PokeDex. He pushed the red button at the top, which looked like the on switch. Once on, he pointed it at Growlithe, and a picture came up with a voice that started talking.
    "Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon. Very friendly and faithful to its owner. It will try to repel enimies by biting and barking."
    Growlithe barked. Sean thought to himself, "Oh, so that's why it's so friendly with me, and it explains the look it gives to the other passengers."
    Cinnabar was then in view, Sean couldn't wait to show his parents his new Pokemon.

He got off the boat, with Growlithe. He had one last look around his town. He'd miss it all.
    He walked up to his house door. There was a note on it.
    "Hi, Sean. We are out at the moment.
    I'm sorry I won't be able to see your new Pokemon,
    but I registered my number on your phone.
    Your key is in your coat pocket.
    Have fun on your journey,
    keep in touch."
    This noat made him realize, he would walk away from his parents for a while. However, this wasn't going to stop him.
    He used his key on the door, turned it and opened the door.

He took a look around his house, and the family photos. He decided to take one off the wall and take it with him.
    He then went up his stairs into his room. His computer was still on, he decided to spend a few minutes saying goodbye to his friends. One of them, Kairi, was also starting out as a trainer, she was already slightly ahead of him though. Then he switched off the computer and took his mobile phone, lucky bracelet and a notepad and pencil. He then put every item into his bag, and walked back downstairs into the kitchen. He thought he'd make a quick lunch. He micowaved a sausage roll and wrapped it in paper. His Growlithe was still in the hallway, chewing on one of the shoes on the floor. It then turned to Sean with a sausage roll in his hand. He then grabbed the key off the table, this was it. This time he was leaving, and leaving for a long time. His Growlithe followed him out of the door. He shut the door and turned the key, this was goodbye from home.
    He walked towards the docks, the queue was quite long and the boat had not yet arrived. He had to wait a few minutes for the schedueled boat to arrive. Growlithe saw something on the Cinnabar Beach, it was climbing onto the edge of the rocky surface. It was the blue pokemon with long tentacles, 2 eyes and large jelly spots. A jeelyfish Pokemon, Tentacool.
    It was slithering along the city, terrifing all the citizens. Growlithe was barking at them like they were criminals. That was when Sean though, "Hmm, this could eb a good oppertunity to start a great battle for the first time!"

"Alright Growlithe, let's get rid of these Tentacools!" he commanded to Growlithe. The Tentacool at the front had purple glowing tentacles, it was about to use Poison Sting. "Uh oh, Growlithe avoid it!"
    Growlithe jumped to the other side of the way the Tentacool had slammed its tentacles. "Alright! It missed!"
    This was the time to start actually using attacking moves for himself, Growlithe was looking ready to attack. "Alright Growlithe use..." he forgot what the move was called again, that's when he remembered that it sounded something beginning with B and sounding like light, this gave him one idea. "Bite!" he commanded to the Growlithe. It then started baring its fangs, with its eyes looking threatening. Then it started to charge up at a fast speed, and attacked with very sharp fangs. This attack was very powerful, as it was its first. "That was amazing Growlithe! Well done!" Sean had shouted with enthusiasm. That Tentacool had then had spiralling eyes, and stopped moving. It was knocked out. The Growlithe had then used Roar, to scare off all the other following Tentacools, all retreating one by one to the sea.
    "That was amazing! You rocked that Growlithe!" Sean said while stroking the fur on Growlithe.
    The boat had appeared at the docks. The line was getting smaller as the boat was getting more full. "Only 30 seconds left until the departure." said the driver.
    Sean had ran to the boat, it was extremely cramped, but he had fitted.
    Then before he knew it, the boat had started moving right through to Pallet.

These passengers were amazed to see him on the boat.
    "Wow, were you the one with that Growlithe? I was amazed by that way you got rid of those Tentacools! You must be very expirienced." one of the old men on the boat had told him. This made Sean flattered, he only had just started.
    "Yes, well, I'm not that expirienced, infact, I only just started! I'm starting my journey as soon asd we get-" then the boat had stopped. "Huh? We're here already?"
    Then all the passengers had got off the boat. When Sean had got off, he walked down to the Route 1 grass enterance, and then he and Growlithe had started walking through.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    "Stupid Poliwag...stupid Maple...stupid everything" These were the words that Warren muttered as he wandered down Route 1, his Poliwag cheerily trotting alongside, chanting
    "Poli, poli, poli!" in time with its steps. Suddenly, it stopped.
    "Come, on, pipsqueak, we don't have all day!" Warren shouted angrily, but Poliwag just ignored him. Its tail twitched a little and it turned slightly to the left, facing a small bush. A rustling sound was coming from within. Suddenly, without warning, a small purple rat burst from it and landed in front of Poliwag, growling angrily.
    "Ratta, Rattata!" it squealed angrily. A slightly smaller, yet similar looking Rattata poked its head out of the bush questioningly, then ducked back in when the first rat gave it an angry glare. Warren ignored this little scene and simply ordered Poliwag forwards.
    "Tackle it!" he shouted, but to his surprise, Poliwag just stood there and (somehow) shrugged its shoulders. Warren stood there, nonplussed.
    "You don't know how to tackle? You just...run into it...no?" Poliwag just gave him a confused expression, then squealed in pain as a small, furry, purple blob pelted it in the side of the face, moving so fast that Warren could barely see it. Poliwag sat down hard, its eyes brimming over with tears already.
    "Don't give up!" Warren shouted at it, "Fight back!" Hit it with your bubble, if you can remember how!" Poliwag leapt to its feet and fired a multitude of blue bubbles at Rattata, which shrank back in pain as they hit it. Rattata was stronger than it looked, though and leapt forwards into another Quick Attack, knocking Poliwag out cold. Warren sighed dejectedly as he returned Poliwag.
    "Guess I'll have to do it myself," he muttered, "Who needs a tadpole to fight a rat anyway?" The Rattata looked up at him angrily, then tackled his leg. However, whereas this would have hurt Poliwag, Warren was not two feet tall and weighed a lot more than twenty seven pounds. So instead of being completely knocked out, he stumbled slightly, then stepped forwards again.
    "Warren, use Mega-Kick!" he quipped to no-one in particular, before booting the small rat several feet down the path. He chuckled a little. Who needs Pokemon when you have a thick boot? Nevertheless, he detached a Pokeball from his belt and nonchalantly threw it at Rattata. In a flash of red light, it was sucked inside and the ball began to shake...

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Konekodemon - You need to make your battle posts longer and more detailed. As i said in the route post that longer, more detailed battle posts were needed to capture uncommon pokemon. Sorry but...

Kairi's pokeball twitched back and forth, before a bright light burst out of the pokeball. Spearow reapeared and looked angrily at Kairi. The bird the charged towards the girl, who had to duck to theground to avoid contact. When Kairi looked round, the spearow had disappeared from view...

@FlareonFan - nice post, can't wait to see Sean on Route One

@Alipeewee - Nice post, I feel sorry for poliwag. Anyway...

The pokeball shook from left to right, before a ping sounded and the pokeball stopped wobbling.

Congratulations Warren 'caught a level 3 Rattata'... I hope he likes it more than poor poliwag.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

Years
    Chapter 3

Sean was about to start walking among Route 1. He looked at the large grass on the path, that went up to his chest. He decided to take one first step into it, to see if it was safe, it was fine but nothing was very clear with it all in the way. He continued walking along the huge grass, Growlithe followed him. Once he walked through the first path, he could see a rather pretty park-sort of thing. He could see more large grass, and rocky ledges. He could not climb them for a shortcut, so he had to continue his path through the tall grass.
    He was walking slightly through the way of a larger bunch of grass than normal, when he tripped up on the ground. It didn't hurt him, except his legs, slightly.
    Then, a rustling noise came from the other side of the grass, it sounded like...like...a Pokemon. "Huh? What's that? Whoever you are you better show!" he said sounding pretty shocked. Then, there came a small, brown and beige bird that came out of the grass. He got out is Pokedex and examined it.
    Pidgey. The TinyBird Pokemon. It never likes to fight. It shall hide in tall grass, looking for bugs to eat.
    The Pidgey tweeted. "Alright! Another Pokemon encounter! C'mon Growlithe! Let's handle this!"

The Pidgey then started flapping its wings at full speed, and tweeting loudly. Growlithe got on its look that it always uses when in battle.
    Then, Pidgey flew swiftly towards growlithe, and its head had hit Growlithe. It didn't do much but it looked like it kind of hurt. "C'mon Growlithe! You can do this! Use Bite now!" Sean commanded to Growlithe. Growlithe had bared its teeth, put on a fierce look and ran over to Pidgey, then took a large bite on the Pidgey, which looked like it took a lot of health off it. Pidgey was not totally down, but it tried to flap its wings and tackle Growlithe again. As a result, Pidgey ran out of energy trying, and fell to the ground. It had been defeated.

"Woo! Growlithe you did it! I believe we can do great together! Let's keep it up!" James said with another enthusiastic voice which he uses when happy and joyful. They continued to walk through the huge grass patch, he could tell he was nearly in Viridian as he could hear lots of people.

(TBC...)

Edit: Also, I'm gunna bold the battle parts and italic the PokeDex parts. Is that ok or do you want me to change it to normal?

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Kairi and Pikachu ran after it, and caught up to it,"Your not getting away from me! Pikachu get it!" Pikachu jumped thought the air and landed on it's back. "Use Thundershock! Use all your power!"

Pikachu nodded it's head. It got ready to attack, but Spearow shook it off. Pikachu fell to the ground. "Pikachu! Come on buddy don't let that thing push you around!" Kairi cheered Pikachu on,"What should I do?" Kairi looked in her Pokedex,"Spearow is a flying type Pokemon. It is very weak again electric attacks," The Pokedex told her,"Ok, then it should be weaken very badly from the last time I battled it."

Kairi shut her Pokedex and put it back up. The Spearow was very mad now. It didn't liked being messed with twice. It decided to finish this newbie off right now. It dived at Kairi, rage in it's eyes. Pikachu jumped in the way and took the hit,"Pikachu! Are you ok?" Kairi asked it. Pikachu just sighed. "Guess we better just run then," she told it.

Kairi picked up Pikachu, and started to run. But the Spearow wasn't just going to let her get away after the trouble she caused it. It chassed her down the road. Kairi ran and ran,"Oh no! It's after us!" She panicked. "Spear!" Spearow screamed, as it chassed Kairi.

"Oh no! It's a dead end," Kairi panicked. Kairi threw a rock at the Spearow's head,"Go away!" She screamed. Now the Spearow was mad. This time it would not fly away. It was so mad it wanted to kill Kairi.

Pikachu jumped out of Kairi's arms, blood running from it's many wounds,"No Pikachu! Your too weak! Don't do it!" Kairi screamed. But Pikachu wouldn't listen. It showed this deturmined face. No matter if it cost it, it's life it would protect it's trainer. Pikachu watched carfully, just as the Spearow dived, it jumped up into the air and grabbed onto it's feet.

Spearow shook trying to get Pikachu to let go, but Pikachu just held on tight. It closed it's eyes, and with all it's power released a mighty Thundershock into the Spearow's body. Both the Spearow and Pikachu both fell to the ground. Before Pikachu passed out it gave Kairi a look that said,'Do it! I know you can catch it this time.'

"Right! Thanks Pikachu," Kairi said, getting up very weakly, she pulled out a Pokeball and threw it at the Spearow, again,"Please, just please stay in there this time," she begged as Spearow was sucked up into the ball. Kairi prayed, she closed her eyes, waiting and hoping.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

Years
    Chapter 3 continued

After Sean had got throughh the grass, there were a couple more ledges, and small areas with flowers planted. This patch of grass was rather huge, it was the only one standing inm the way of Sean and Viridian City.
    He took a look at the ledges, and tried to climb them as he was rather tired, and he couldn't feel like facing another pokemon. Howver, on the floor was a can of spray. On the spray, there was a label, the label had said, "Pokemon Repel". Sean turned over to the other side of the can. It had said "This is what you want in order to pass through grass safely, all pokemon in the wild will stay away from the sprayed area. This will not affect your Pokemon as they will still follow you. However, this Repel doesn't last long. After a few steps, the Repel will ware off, so use wisely."
    Sean looked again at the long area of grass, he could hear more rustling, so he and Growlithe had walked up to the grassy patch and sprayed the Repel all over himself. All the rustling noises had got thinner, and thinner and thinner until all the Pokemon in the wild had escaped. Sean had one by one took a step through the grass. It took him a lot of steps as the grass was so tall, it covered most of his eyes, he kept running into trees. Eventually, the Repel had warn off. As a result, Sean just ran as fast as he could with Growlithe chasing after him. Wen they found a way out of the grass, he could hear the rustling again, so he ran over to the entrance to the city with the Pokemon lost in sight and noise.
    Sean took a look at Viridian City, it was pretty bigger than Cinnabar Island. Then he looked to the left, where he could see a large statue, of the Indageau Plateau, the place that leads to the Pokemon League. He was interested. However, he was not ready to go there yet, so he walked into the city.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Kairi picked up the ball. She was happy that she had caught it, but at what price. Pikachu was hurt very badly. Kairi put Pikachu inside it's ball,"You'll be safe in here buddy. I'm so sorry I pushed you so hard. I just couldn't let the first Pokemon I ran into get away from me," she told it. Kairi wished she had potion with her.

There was a voice behind her,"Your a weakling you know that. It's no surprise that you had so much trouble catching that thing."

Kairi turned around, and saw a girl in an Eevee costune,"Who are you?!" She demanded. This girl was alfully nosey. "My name is Jill, and your name would be?" Jill asked her.

"It's Kairi," she told Jill. "Well, Kairi you need to take better care of your pokemon. Your in luck I have a potion right here. But I'll only give it to you if you battle me," Jill teased.

"Fine, now give it to me," Kairi took the potion and took Pikachu out of the ball, and used the potion on it,"What about my new Spearow?"

Jill laughed,"Sorry, I don't give away freebies, this is a one on one fight, you'll have to just use your Pikachu and wait until you get to Viridan City to heal your Spearow."

"Find! I'll beat you!" Kairi said. After Pikachu's wounds were gone it jumped up and said,"Pikapi!" Agreeing with it's trainer.

"Ok, how about we make this a contest battle," Jill sujested. "Ok, your on!" Kairi said.

Jill took a Pokeball off her belt,"Go Pokeball!" And out popped a brown fox-like Pokemon. It said,"Eevee," as it appeared. "Eevee huh?" Kairi flipped open her Pokedex,"Eevee, the normal type Pokemon. Its genetic code is irregular. It may mutate if it is
    exposed to radiation from element Stones. In effect it may evole into 1 of three different Pokemon depending on which stone is used on it. Using a Firestone with yell Flareon, the flame Pokemon. Using a Waterstone will yell Vaporeon, the bubble jet Pokemon and a Thunderstone yells Jolteon the lightning Pokemon." The Pokedex said.

"Ok, Pikachu go get it. Use Thundershock!" Kairi conmanded.

"Eevee use Sand Attack," Jill told it. "Eevee," Eevee knocked sand into Pikachu's face. Pikachu couldn't see,"Pikachu!" Kairi screamed. "Tackle it!" Jill screamed. Eevee tackled Pikachu knocking it out in one move. Not giving Kairi a second glance she turned and walked away saying,"Loser!"

Kairi stood there, thinking,'You just wait, until I get stronger, then we'll see who the real loser is.'

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years

The Pokeball shook from left to right, before a ping sounded and the Pokeball stopped wobbling. Warren smirked. He'd already caught his first Pokémon, and it hadn't even been slightly hard. Though that probably said something about the strength of the Pokémon he'd caught.

"Ratta, Rattata!" Warren spun around. Sure enough, Rattata was standing in the middle of the path behind him, looking more than a little annoyed. Warren glanced down. Rattata's Pokeball was still in his hand - he hadn't released it. So this must be another Rattata. But what did it want?
    "Let's see if you can make sense of this..." Warren sighed as he released both Poliwag and Rattata. Now he had two to compare, he could see that the wild Rattata was slightly smaller than his. A child, perhaps? His suspicions were confirmed as his newest partner ran up to the other Rattata and nuzzled it gently. So, he'd captured the mother of a baby Rattata. What was he meant to do now? No way was he releasing his new Pokémon, but he couldn't capture this one as well...could he?
    "Alright, Poliwag, bubble!" he shouted and the tadpole blew out a thin jet of blue bubbles, hitting the baby Rattata in the face. It promptly fell over and began to cry. Even Warren had to feel a little bad about that. Hoping to end it quickly, he reached for his belt and unhooked a Pokeball, but as he enlarged it with a click of the central button, another Pokeball came flying out of nowhere. The confused Rattata was sucked into the sphere, which rolled back and forth for a second before making a slight 'ding'.
    "I didn't throw that, did I?" Warren said to no-one in particular. Unfortunately, somebody did answer.
    "Of course you didn't, you imbecile. That was my Pokeball, so that Rattata is now legally mine." Wheeling around to spot the source of this snide voice, Warren found himself face to face with a smirking, red-headed boy with his hand outstretched. Without looking, he caught the Pokeball as it flew back to his hand and shoved it into his pocket. Warren grimaced. Normally, he would have smacked the kid around already and be leaving by now, but there was a rather large Beedrill hovering next to this brat, and Warren got the distinct impression that it was on his side.
    "But, you can't split up the mother and child!" he protested. Even to Warren's doubtable moral code, that just seemed...wrong. The boy just smirked again.
    "I think I just did." He turned around with the intention of making an impressive exit, though this was slightly marred when a fist connected with the back of his head, sending him sprawling into the mud. Beedrill buzzed in anger, but by that time, Warren, Rattata and Poliwag had already legged it. They didn't stop running until some buildings loomed on the horizon. Viridian City.

slls81

Years
    @alipeewee - Warren with morals? What is the world coming to? But seriously, good post.

@Konekodemon - nice post.

Viridian City

Number of Posts: 1-2

Description: A large city which is filled with residents and passing by trainers. It also holds a trainer school, a gym and even a Trainer House.

What can you do in a City?
    Heal your pokémon
    Buy items
    Have gym battles if the gym is opened
    Explore the Town
    Note: You may not catch wild pokémon in the city, and you cannot have pokémon Battles, unless you're in a certain part of the town, for example in Viridian City, you may battle in a gym or the Trainer House. This is basically a place to restore your health and relax.

Places of Interest
    Pokémon Center: A place where you may heal your pokémon and sleep all for free!
    Poké Mart: You may buy Items here: Potion, pokéball, Antidote, Awakening, and Paralyze Heal
    Gym: The gym is open, but the gym leader isn't here! He's not doing his job Dx
    Trainer House - Fancy a battle? Head here to battle other beginning trainers.
    Trainer School - Fancy a trip back to school...

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Kairi picked up Pikachu and walked on heading to Viridan City. Before she could get there a Ratatta jumped out of a bush. "Oh come on now. My Pokemon are in too weak a state to battle anymore," Kairi conplained. She just turned and ran away from the Ratatta. She ran the rest of the way to Viridan City.

She looked around and saw a sign in front of a buiding that said,"Rest your tried Pokemon at a Pokemon Center. We also offer rooms for the night for Trainers and Coordinators."

"Good, the Pokemon Center," Kairi raced in and up to the counter,"Nurse Joy please heal my Pikachu and Spearow please."

"Why of course," Nurse Joy said as Kairi handed her Pikachu and Spearow's Pokeball. Kairi went to rest while her Pokemon were being healed.

An hour later her Pokemon were fully healed. They were handed back to her. Kairi took out Spearow's ball, and opened it up. Spearow popped out and just stared at her."I'm sorry I was so hard on you Spearow when we battled eariler. But would you still like to be with me anyway?" Kairi asked it. Spearow blinked a few times. A small tear ran down it's face,"Row," It said nodding it's head yes and jumping into Kairi's arms.

"So, all's forgiven huh," Kairi grinned. "Spear," Spearow repiled. Kairi hugged it back and then returned it to it's ball. Pikachu got on Kairi's shoulder and Kairi walked back up to Nurse Joy,"I'd like a room for the night please."

"Sure right away," She told her. She logged Kairi onto her Computer,"Ok, your room is upstairs, Room 104." She handed Kairi her room key. Kairi then went upstairs, Pikachu still ridding on her shoulder.

She found her room, and unlocked it and went in. She took out some packs of food, and went over to the stove and got ready to start cooking when Pikachu reminded her that she doesn't have any Pokemon food for it and Spearow,"Oh no! I forgot!" Kairi then left, her room, locked the door, and walked out of the Pokemon Center, looking for the PokeMart. She also remembered what she was told about buying a Pokegear and PokeNAV.

Kairi located the store and went inside. She brought, ten packs of Pokemon food, a Pokegear and a PokeNAV. She thanked the clerk and then went back to her room, at the Pokemon Center.

By the time Kairi got back, it was already dark outside. She went up to her room, where Pikachu was waiting for her. Kairi fixxed the Pokemon there food first. She let Spearow out of it's ball and it and Pikachu started eating. Kairi then fixxed some rice for herself, and sit down at the table to eat. She turned on the TV and started watching her favorite cartoon show,'Pokemon Adventures' about a boy named Red, who had a talking Clefairy and a Pikachu just like her's. Tonight was a new episode as well.

Kairi laughed at all the funny things Clefairy did on the show.

After her Pokemon were done eating, Kairi returned Spearow to it's Pokeball. Then her and Pikachu got ready for bed. Kairi brushed her teeth, then took a shower, and dried and brushed her hair, and put on her Pajamas. When she exitted the bathroom Pikachu was already asleep on the bed.

Kairi went over and locked the door just in case. She didn't want anyone breaking in while she slept. She then pulled the covers down and got into bed, closing her eyes she went to sleep.

Back