• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    The noise was heard every ten seconds or so, each one made Sean track the noise as he was walking around, as if he could do that. Growlithe was also sniffing the ground, since it had the power that could sense anything in the vicinty by simply getting the scent, Sean turned around to notice this. "Oh, good idea, Growlithe. Try and find where Eevee is." he put his thumbs up at Growlithe, encouraging it to carry on what it was doing. After doing so, Growlithe started to walk about, getting nearer to the Eevee. Another noise came, but this was was noisier and it automatically made Growlithe run after it. "Wait up, Growlithe!" Sean was far behind, but Growlithe then stopped at a grassy patch, which gave Sean a thrill. "Is it... there?" he sounded nervous, as this was a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to find something, and even more catch something like it. Sean took it step by step, closer to Growlithe who was barking at. When Sean was there, he could not believe his eyes.

On the grass was his prize, the white, shiny fox which was sitting on the grass, making the noises. "Eeeee!" it was a high squeak as it was trying to get away from the reporters, Sean trying his absolute best not to make any sudden movement. Now it was wild, so it could be his, it did not belong to the previous owners no more, so he tried his best to get its attention without running away. "H-hey, Eevee!" Sean whispered quietly, with Eevee turning its head around to face Sean and Growlithe. It made no noise, but its mouth was open as it was scared from Sean's distraction. Growlithe was looking at it with the challenging look, which automatically signalled that Growlithe was after a battle. Eevee responded with a squeak, and another challenging look, which was rather cute, as its eyes were narrowed and mall, looking at them both, ready to take a battle. "Let's do this." Sean realized this could be the most important Pokemon he would ever see, as these are so rare he had to take it so seriously. They took the position of the battle, and it was only a few moments until the battle would get started.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    OOC: This is our last joint post......... or is it?

Eevee. James' most graceful and one of his most powerful Pokemon emerged from his Pokeball. He stood there just waiting for a command. Then suddenly Munchlax appeared from nowhere. And what was this he had what appeared to be a shard of ice in his hand. Then Munchlax lobbed it over towards Eevee. Eevee seemed to react to the shard and he turned a luminous white colour; he was evolving. When the light faded a beautiful Pokemon was left. James immediately scanned the Pokemon with his Pokedex.

Glaceon
    The fresh snow Pokemon. It's one of the seven evolutions of Eevee. It's among two of the newly discovered. As a protective technique, it can completely freeze its fur to make its hairs stand like needles.

"Okay fantastic. Let's try something out then. Glaceon use Icy Wind!" Glaceon's mouth opened and a burst of icy snow flew towards Umbreon. When all the ice hit Umbreon's feet were frozen to the floor.

"Shoot...stupid flipping Glaceon...and I can TELL it knows...hm...Shadow Ball and Iron Tail? Go ahead...use one of those two moves. See how I work things after that...hahaha. In the mean time...tail whip to break the ice!" Sam commanded. Umbreon broke the ice quickly. "Now lets slow you down. Use Sand Attack!" Sam yelled. Umbre shot the sand over Glaceon, blinding it as well. "Now Pursuit!" Sam said finally. Umbreon charged and hit Glaceon in the side, knocking it back.

"Easy way out of this. Glaceon use Icy Wind once again!" Glaceon opened up his mouth and fired ice straight at Umbreon's legs. Then once the ice connected Umbreon's legs were frozen to the floor. Umbreon was unable to move. "Fantastic. Now Glaceon let's show him Iron Tail!" Glaceon's tail turned a bright silver colour. He then smashed his tail across Umbreon's face. Umbreon winced in pain; he wasn't going to last much longer. Then suddenly he turned purple for a split second. James had almost forgotten that Umbreon was poisoned. This was yet another problem for Umbreon and Sam.

"Umbre...you get how Glaceon used that attack?" Sam asked. Umbre nodded, and its tail started glowing. "Perfect...test it out. Use Iron Tail on Glaceon!" Sam said. Umbre charged and hit Glaceon with its tail. Sam could tell it would require a lot of work to use yet, as Glaceon had just learned it itself. Still...Iron Tail. Pretty sweet in Sam's opinion. He realized he was losing, but this was just getting fun. "So? Anything else you'd like to use on Umbreon for me to copy? I'm very willing to learn now...and...also. Your Glaceon...its just evolved and is having a hard time controlling its new powers. If it had been trained as a Glaceon prior to this, you'd probably have beaten Umbre with those two attacks. Still...you're good." Sam said.

"Hey. How about we end this battle and I teach you how to perfect Iron Tail and Shadow Ball! And we have a little chat and stuff about Pokemon?" James said in response to Sam and Umbreon trying to copy some of Glaceon's most powerful moves. James walked over and picked up Munchlax; waiting for Sam's response.

"Sure. That's better than battle...I've worked on battle, though. Also...I could teach you a thing or two about close range combat. Your Glaceon's really not meant for it...but I can help." Sam said. The two went to a route to the west of Saffron City...just near Celedon. "So...here's what we've got. To start, with Iron Tail, you have to perfectly charge energy. Yeah, I know you said you'd be teaching me, but I'm gonna teach you a thing or two. I know you have to get your badge, but trust me when I say it'll be worth your while to practice here with me. But first...here." Sam said, handing the boy 2 revives and 3 hyper potions. "I had bought those for me, but I hurt your Pokemon kinda bad...so feel free to use them. In the mean time, Magikarp, Pika...eat this." Sam said. His Pokemon were healed by the revives he had given them. "Now here..." he said, tossing a cube at them both. It was his personal creation, a heal cube. His Pokemon looked better instantly. He tossed another to Umbre, who was charging energy. It ate it, and ran forward. Flipping its tail forwards, it cut the rock it was aimed at. "That's physical power. You give it a shot." Sam said.

"Haha I think I'll practice Special Attacks at the same time. Glaceon use Icy Wind then Iron Tail on the other rock!" Glaceon opened his mouth and carefully aimed towards a nearby rock. Then a load of ice flew from Glaceon's mouth and froze the rock. Glaceon's tail then turned a sharp silver colour. With a flick of his tail the rock was beautifully smashed ice flew everywhere mixing with the heat to leave a rainbow in the sky. Man wouldn't that be brilliant for a contest. "How was that?" James asked his newest friend.

"Hmm! Not half bad that time! But what I've realized...despite just learning it, Umbre's Iron Tail is actually a bit stronger. The reason? Glaceon's meant for ranged attacks. Still...I wonder. I can tell you're holding back on me. One other attack was learned for sure...maybe two. Can you show it to me? Also...to make Iron Tail stronger...here's an idea. Have Glaceon run at Umbreon then use Iron Tail. Don't worry...I'll get past it..." Sam said. "Like this..." he said. Umbreon ran at a tree with its tail glowing. Suddenly, it made a quick 360 turn and cut the tree done with power. "What do you think? Pretty strong, right? Glaceon can easily be just as good...the trick is in charging the energy properly. Now remember, ranged attacks are a specialty of Glaceons, but you have to be careful. Not all foes can be taken down like that. Sometimes you have to use close attacks if you want to win...anyway, use your other attack as a stall, then charge and use Iron Tail, got it?" Sam asked.

"Okay I have a few other tricks up my sleeve. I won't do as you have just told me. I think I'll do this. Glaceon use Shadow Ball in front of you but don't fire it. Then just as Umbreon has taught you use Iron Tail on the ball to smash it towards Umbreon!" Suddenly a black ball was made by Glaceon. Glaceon then charged up his tail and took a run up and jumped and smashed an Iron Tail attack into the ball. The ball then flew straight towards Umbreon. The ball smashed into Umbreon and left him on the floor. Maybe Glaceon was showing his true potential. Was it Sam and Umbreon who had helped him to unlock it?

"Okay...Umbre, get it? Go ahead and use it just like Glaceon did if you do...then hit it just like Glaceon did...let's play a game...knock back. Just keep hitting it back. Not only does it work on the power of your Pokemon's iron tail, it also helps agility. Let's go!" Sam said, as Umbre started.

"Okay Glaceon let's add a bit of spice to this game of knock back. Use Icy Wind on the Shadow Ball then smash it back full pelt!" As the ball came towards Glaceon he froze it. Then Glaceon jumped up into the air and with a full swing of his tail he smashed his tail into the Shadow Ball and smashed it towards Umbreon.

"See? Fun, huh? Umbre! Use Pursuit on your tail and Iron Tail, too! I'll call that Dark Tail!" Sam said, as Umbre turned and hit it full force straight back. Ice was trailing as it fell. It was getting intense. In his bag, Sam could feel vibrating.

"Okay I'll finish this; Glaceon Iron Tail it into the ground!" As the ball came flying towards Glaceon his tail illuminated Silver and it twisted and smashed the ball into the ground; leaving a massive dent in the floor. Glaceon once again was showing he was just as good as Sam's Umbreon. "Hey Sam! How was that?" James exclaimed showing that he thought Glaceon's most recent move was very impressive.

"That was great...whoa...MY BACKPACK'S HOT!" Sam said, taking off his backpack. Going through it, he found out what was causing it. His egg felt like it was on fire. Suddenly...it glowed and changed shape. "Vul?" the Pokemon that came out asked. "My...egg just hatched! Awww...a cute little Vulpix! What do you think? Isn't it sooo cute? Oh! That's right. Umbre, show 'em how its done! Hit it just like they did!" Sam said. Umbreon moved similarly to Glaceon and hit the ground with its tail. The ball and ground were hit, causing an equally well sized dent in the ground. "Vul...pix!" Vulpix said, walking into the battle field. Suddenly, it faced Umbre and Glaceon, who were right next to each other comparing their dents. They looked at it...then fell asleep. "Whoa! What was that?" Sam asked. He checked his Pokedex, which said, "The attack Hypnosis puts Pokemon to sleep." "Hypnosis? But Vulpix doesn't learn that move...unless! It came from being in an egg!" Sam said. Vulpix walked over and nudged Sam's leg a few times, begging to be picked up. Sam said and stroked his cute new Pokemon a few times.

"Nice. How about our Vulpix's become acquainted?" On that note James pulled out his starter Pokemon's Pokeball. He threw it up in the air and with a flash out emerged his Vulpix. The two began sniffing each other. It was as if they knew each other. James then returned his Vulpix. Sam and James began to chat; leaving their two baby Pokemon; Munchlax and Vulpix to play with each other. Munchlax was having fun; showing Munchlax his Zen Headbutt attack.

"Hey Sam, aren't baby Pokemon just so cute!" James was observing Vulpix and Munchlax mucking about with each other.

"Yup sure are. How about we head back into Saffron City and I see you off for your gym battle!" Said Sam. He then returned all of his Pokemon.

"Okay then. But would you like to come watch just to see my improvement?" James asked Sam. He too returned all of his Pokemon except for Munchlax. He strolled over and picked up his baby Pokemon. Munchlax had always been a favorite of James; as a kid it was a Pokemon he wished to have and now his dreams had come true.

"Sounds cool. Still...I think I'd better be there...Tyron kinda hates losing and I kinda hate him. Therefore, if he tries anything, Umbre and I will help you beat him down. It'd also be good for Vulpix. Anyway...hmm! Looks like Pika picked up its Iron Tail attack. I'll have to refine those attacks later, though. Anyway...return Pika and Umbre!" Sam said. "I'd return Vulpix too, but she doesn't have a Pokeball yet. Anyway, its Hypnosis attack is sure helpful!" Sam said happily.

"Alright well follow me back!" James started to walk back towards Saffron City; with Sam trailing in his wake. Eventually the pair entered the huge city. James walked to where he was before he met Sam; right outside the gym. James stood there then he reached out his hand and pushed the door open. He walked inside and Sam quickly followed him. James took one look at Munchlax then he took a deep breath. Was it time for him to win his fourth badge?

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    @Bemertonboy - Nice post. Aah Munchlax, you can't take your eyes off of him for one second...

Congratulations Glaceon grew to Level 19

What do you know? Over the course of his epic jouney Munchlax grew to Level 2

Okay guys... we've had this in the RP twice... so once again to clear up:

If you want to learn new moves/get TM's you MUST pass it with me first. That said I'd have said okay if you had asked me so I'm going to leave it. This is the third time someones done it (and only 8 different RPers have been involved in this game). So no-one do it again, or I will simply reject your post and tell you to remove it.

This time Umbreon will not be levelled up due to the new moves.

Congratulations Umbreon learned Shadow Ball and Iron Tail

On a happier not: Yay Vulpix hatched!

Congratulations Sam hatched a Level 1 Vulpix

Logan

Years
    "Hey. Ignore Sam and talk to me. I'm here for a gym battle so shall we get started?" James started to talk before Sam and Tyron could drown on anymore. James was obviously keen to start the battle for his fourth gym badge; he really wanted the Marsh Badge.

"Okay. James take a step over to that battlefield I'll go get a match referee and then this match shall begin!" Tyron gave James the exact news he wanted to hear.

"Sam I think you should go up there." James pointed towards balcony high above the battlefield. Sam muttered a few words under his breath but eventually he made his way to the top. At the exact same time Tyron emerged with a man dressed in green; he clasped a flag in each hand one red one green. The two battlers took their places at either side of the battlefield.

"On the left is our challenger James and on the right it's the gym leader Byron. This match is two versus two and the battler who defeats his opponents Pokemon is the winner. The Marsh Badge is at stake for the challenger and pride for the leader." The match referee explained then Tyron made the first move.

"I choose you Mr. Mime!" Tyron chucked a Pokeball up in the air; and with a flash out came a clown like Pokemon. From up above Sam scanned the Pokemon.

Mr. Mime
    The barrier Pokemon. It evolves from Mime Jr.. Emanations from its fingertips solidify the air into invisible walls that repel even harsh attacks.

"Okay then I choose you go Vulpix!" This would be Vulpix's first shot at a gym battle this sure was a risky move. James rubbed her Pokemon then threw it up into the air. And out came his first ever Pokemon.

"Vul pix vul." She gleamed and shined as she emerged from her Pokeball.

"Okay Mr. Mime start this by using Confusion!" Mr. Mime's fingers turned a purpleish colour. He started to move his fingers around and the Vulpix turned the same colour. Vulpix started to levitate. Mr. Mime was moving her around.

"Quick Vulpix before he slams you against the wall use Will-O-Wisp!" A few small balls of fire flew out of Vulpix's mouth and all hit Mr. Mime. It was just enough to put Mr. Mime off.

"Vul vul," squealed Vulpix as she hit the ground.

"Vulpix use Quick Attack!" Vulpix started to run towards Mr. Mime; she was leaving a white slipstream in her wake.

"Quick Mr. Mime before she gets any closer use Barrier!" Suddenly a barrier of light appeared in front of Vulpix; the wolf Pokemon smashed into the barrier. As soon as she hit it the barrier disappeared.

"Okay Vulpix try out Ember!" A large ball of fire came from Vulpix's throat and the ball flew out of her mouth and it rapidly zoomed in on Mr. Mime.

"Mr. Mime use Mimic!" Mr. Mime's eyes closed as if he was focusing on something. Then suddenly he copied Vulpix's most recent move; Ember. A large ball of fire came from his mouth and the two balls of fire met in the middle; meaning the neither Pokemon were hurt by the fireballs.

"Okay this a lot tougher then I thought it would be; Vulpix try using Ember on yourself then when your alight use Quick Attack!" Vulpix used a ball of fire on her own body to set herself alight. She then started to run really fast towards Mr. Mime.

"Wait until she gets close then use DoubleSlap!" As Vulpix got closer Mr. Mime pulled his hand back then he slapped her across the face; one slap just put Vulpix off then when Mr. Mime slapped her again Vulpix was smashed across the floor into a nearby wall.

"Vul Pix Vul." She struggled to her feet. Things weren't looking good for Vulpix.

"Mr. Mime use Confusion!" Mr. Mime's fingers started to turn to the same purpleish colour.

"Quick Vulpix before he lifts you up use Confuse Ray!" Vulpix's eyes turned a sharp red colour. She looked Mr. Mime straight in the eyes and then Mr. Mime started to walk around in circles.

"Mr. Mime use Mimic!" Mr. Mime's eyes turned that sharp red colour but because of his confusion he turned around to his trainer and ended up trying to confuse him. "No Mr. Mime snap out of it!" Tyron shut his eyes to avoid being confused by his own Pokemon. Then Mr. Mime managed to snap out of his confused state; he then stood waiting for a command.

"Quick Vulpix use Quick Attack!" Vulpix started to run towards Mr. Mime; leaving a white slipstream in her trail.

"Mr. Mime use Mimic!" Mr. Mime focused then he too used Quick Attack and ran towards the oncoming Vulpix.

"Perfect it's exactly what I expected you to do. Now Vulpix finish this by using Ember!" Vulpix stopped then used an Ember attack on the oncoming Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime was soon covered in fire; he then trying to stop himself but he couldn't and he smashed into a wall. He soon got back to his feet but then fell to the floor with a thud. He had fainted.

"Mr. Mime is unable to battle. Tyron please chose your second and final Pokemon!" The match referee made the decision to call the loss of Mr. Mime this gave James the advantage.

"Okay then I choose you....

Logan

Years
    "Kadabra!" Tyron threw a Pokeball up in the air and out emerged a unseen by James before Pokemon. James pulled out his Pokedex and scanned this new Pokemon.

Kadabra
    The psi Pokemon. It evolves from Abra and evolves into Alakazam. If one is nearby, an eerie shadow appears on TV screens. Seeing the shadow is said to bring bad luck.

"Okay then but Vulpix still has some fight left in her. She's not going down without a fight!" Exclaimed James to Tyron.

"Well thats exactly what I intend to give you!" Replied Tyron in a confident tone.

"Vulpix use Ember!" A large ball of fire came from Vulpix's throat and flew out of the mouth; it was moving at quite a pace towards Tyron's Kadabra.

A cool and calm Tyron just replied with "Kadabra use Teleport!" As the ball of fire came towards Kadabra he just teleported away. He reappeared behind Vulpix. Vulpix looked around; not knowing where Kadabra was.

"Vulpix he's behind you quick turn around then use Confuse Ray!" Vulpix only got far enough into turning around when.

"Kadabra use Confusion then smash Vulpix into the wall!" Before Vulpix could confuse Kadabra his Kadabra's spoon turned purple. Then Vulpix turned the same colour and she was lifted up into the air. Kadabra then slammed Vulpix into a wall. After she hit the wall she fell down. She struggled back up to her feet.

"Vulpix try using Quick Attack!" Before Vulpix could move at all; Tyron ushered a command to Kadabra.

"Kadabra move backwards until your against the wall then wait for Vulpix!" Kadabra walked back until he was tight against the wall. Then Vulpix set off and left a white slipstream in her trail. She was close to smashing into Kadabra now. "Quick Kadabra use Teleport!" Kadabra teleported away and that left Vulpix to smash into the wall Kadabra was situated on.

"Vul pix vul," Vulpix tried to struggle to her feet but she fell to the ground with a large thud.

"Vulpix is unable to battle can James the challenger please choose a new Pokemon to battle with!" The match referee choose Vulpix to be unable to battle anymore.

"Okay then," James pulled out Nidoking's Pokeball. His powerhouse would have to be next despite his type disadvantage. There was a sudden flash and James' new Pokemon was chosen or was it. Nidoking's Pokeball was still in James' hand and the chosen Pokemon was Glaceon. James looked round at his backpack. Munchlax was holding Glaceon's Pokeball he had done this. "Excuse me but my Munchlax has accidentally released my Glaceon when I was meant to choose my Nidoking can I please swap?" James looked towards the match referee eagerly waiting his response.

"No! You have released two Pokemon already and the rules clearly state that this is a two on two battle so only two Pokemon each. I know it's rather unfortunate but you'll have to make do with it." This response could of shattered James' chances of wining this battle was now a hell of a lot harder.

"Darn Munchlax!" James muttered under his breath making sure that Munchlax was unable to hear his last comment. "Okay then guess we'll have to make do. Glaceon use Icy Wind on his feet!" Glaceon opened up his mouth and fired ice towards Kadabra's feet.

"Kadabra dodge it by using Teleport then use Disable!" Kadabra disappeared then reappeared he had avoided Glaceon's Icy Wind attack. Then Kadabra waved his spoons and Glaceon turned a sickly brown colour for a few seconds. He was now unable to use Icy Wind.

"Okay Glaceon use Shadow Ball but don't fire it yet!" Glaceon made a large black ball appear in front of himself. "Now use Jump and hit the ball with Iron Tail; direct it towards Kadabra!" Then Glaceon jumped and his tail turned silver and as he came down towards the ground he smashed his tail into the ball; pushing it in Kadabra's direction.

"Kadabra use Confusion so you can control the ball!" Kadabra's spoon turned purple. Then the outline of the ball turned the same colour and he moved the ball. Making it fly back towards Glaceon.

"Glaceon dodge it!" Glaceon moved out of the way of the ball. The ball smashed into the back wall. "Okay Glaceon use Sand-Attack on Kadabra's eyes!" Glaceon kicked up sand and it all went flying into Kadabra's eyes. Kadabra started to walk around in circles because he couldn't see. "Okay now Glaceon run at him and use Iron Tail!" Glaceon started to run towards Kadabra. His tail turned silver he then jumped up and smashed his tail into the psychic type Pokemon. The power of the move hit Kadabra to the floor.

"Get up Kadabra!" Tyron asked his trusty Pokemon. Eventually he got back to his feet. The suddenly Glaceon turned a sickly brown colour for a few seconds once again. Glaceon was no longer disabled; he could use Icy Wind once again! Then kadabra started to walk around normally he could see now.

"Glaceon use Shadow Ball!" A shadow like ball appeared in front of Glaceon it then flew towards Kadabra.

"Kadabra use Teleport!" Dodge the ball by disappearing he then reappeared behind Glaceon.

"Perfect! Now Glaceon finish this by using Iron Tail!" Glaceon jumped and and smashed his silver tail into Kadabra's face; knocking him out in the process!

"Kadabra is unable to battle the winner is the challenger James he is now the holder of the Marsh Badge!" Exclaimed the match referee. James had won himself a Marsh Badge.

"Return Glaceon you were fantastic!" With a flash of red Glaceon was back in his Pokeball. James ran over towards Munchlax and picked him up. "This was all because of you well done buddy!" James gave his Munchlax an extra tight squeeze; he then squealed in laughter.

"Here you go James here is a Marsh Badge!" Tyron handed over a heart shaped gym badge this was all the proof James needed to tell him that he had won his fourth gym badge; Celedon City and his fourth gym badge was next.

"Way to go James!" Sam said as he snuck up behind James. He was congratulating his new best friend. James noticed Vulpix was nibbling on Sam's ear. But Sam didn't seem to mind.

"Okay then let's get out of here." James told Sam the pair then walked out of the gym and into the middle of Saffron City. He couldn't stop looking at is new gym badge. That was until Munchlax grabbed it and chucked it to the floor. James didn't mind he just bent down and picked it up. Not knowing where his adventures would take him next.

slls81

Years
    @Bemertonboy - Has Munchax ever considered becoming a trainer? I can see him having a future in it... haha. Nice post!

Congratulations Munchlax James won a Marsh Badge

Congratulations Glaceon grew to Level 20

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    "Roll up, rollup, get your evolution stones here! Prove that you can be a Pokemon Master!" Taking an instant dislike to the sweaty, flabby man, standing outside the game corner, Warren walked straight past him and through the door, then gasped. At one end, there were the slot machines, the roulette tables and all of that rubbish. But at the other, there was a huge glass cabinet, filled with every different stone imaginable. Behind it were a series of doors, embossed with a leaf, a flame, a drop of water, a lightning bolt, a crescent moon and a sun emblem. A man stood next to the cabinet with a money tin around his neck. Looking up, he saw Warren staring.
    "Looking to win a stone for one of your Pokémon, are we sir?" he asked in a sickly sweet voice that gave the impression that saying no would result in Warren getting thrown out onto the pavement.
    "Yeah, I need a Leaf Stone," Warren replied gruffly, "How much is it and what do I have to do?" The man smiled.
    "It's a bargain, half price for trainers. Only $100." Warren nodded. Compared to most prices, that was cheap.
    "Now, you wanted a Leaf Stone, right? Follow me, then!" Pulling on his arm, the salesman led Warren through the door, into a tall room dominated by a high tower in the middle. Warren gasped as he realised the entire tower was made of various bits of junk and rubbish, but completely overgrown by thick green vines. The vines themselves were adorned with large, ominous thorns, seemingly thick enough to tear right through thick shoes. At the top, held firmly in a metal stand was a small green stone. A Leaf Stone.
    "Do I have to…climb up…to get it?" The salesman snickered.
    "Goodness, no! It's a Pokémon game, so the Pokémon who needs that stone is the one that has to fetch it." Warren grimaced. Bellsprout wasn't exactly nimble, but its feet might give it some way to grip in at least, and they were thin enough to avoid the thorns.
    "Alright, let's do this, Bellsprout!" he shouted, tossing his Pokeball into the air. With a flash of light, the walking plant emerged into the room, eyeing up the tower nervously.
    "Bell?" it whined questioningly, turning to Warren.
    "This is the only way you're getting a Leaf Stone, Bellsprout. So either climb that tower, or go without." Sighing, Bellsprout stepped forwards and slowly wrapped its left foot around a vine near the bottom, hoisting itself up to the next, and then the next. Warren cheered it on as the salesman grimaced, but a second later, their positions switched. Bellsprout, becoming a little overconfident, stumbled, then shrieked in pain as one of the brutal thorns stabbed straight through its right hand leaf. Warren gasped and the salesman tutted patronisingly.
    "He'll have to be more careful than that," he sighed in fake concern, "Or else he'll never get to the top." Warren growled.
    "Keep going, Bellsprout!" he yelled, in desperation, "This is your only chance to realise our true potential!" Corny, it may have been, but Warren's encouragement did the trick. With a cry of determination, Bellsprout yanked its leaf of the thorn, ignoring the large hole that was dripping…something. Sap? Blood? Warren had no idea. All he knew right now was that Bellsprout was barely halfway up the tower and it had lost the use of one of its limbs.
    "Use Vine whip!" he shouted on a sudden inspiration and Bellsprout grinned, then fired its sinewy green rope to the top of the pile, wrapping it firmly around a protruding chair leg.
    "Now, climb it, but carefully!" Gritting its teeth, Bellsprout slowly began to pick its way up the treacherous pile, skilfully negating the spiked vines with its roots, or feet, or whatever. Finally, after what seemed like an age, Bellsprout pulled itself up to the final level of the teetering pile. Balancing on a thin ledge of…something, hidden beneath layers of vines, Bellsprout carefully reached forwards and clamped the stone hard between its teeth. Then, it glanced down and gulped.
    "Don't worry!" Warren shouted, seeing the worry in its eyes, "Just jump! I'll catch you!" Bellsprout frowned. Trusting Warren never led anywhere good. And this new 'nice' Warren was even more worrying.
    "Just trust me!" Warren bellowed, "Or I'll leave you up there!" Bellsprout grinned. That was more like it. And without further ado, it jumped, flailing madly about for a few desperate moments before it landed in a tangled mess in Warren's outstretched hands. As it looked up happily, the Leaf Stone clamped in its gob, the salesman turned to Warren.
    "Your Bellsprout did well, boy. The Leaf Stone is yours to keep." Warren nodded gratefully.
    "Its time we headed to the next gym, Bellsprout. Our journey awaits!"

OOC: lol at the corny ending

slls81

Years
    @ILAYM - Good post, Bellsprout truly earned that Leaf Stone! lol

Congratulations Warren won a Leaf Stone

Cycling Road

Number of Posts: 2-3

Description: A road running all the way down to Fuschia City. Don't worry Bike's are for hire if you don't happen to have one stored in your backpack... Oh and watch out for the Biker Gangs and their Poison/Fighting type pokémon!

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area

Spearow
    Level: 14-17
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack, Aerial Ace (Level 17)
    Nature: Random

Rattata
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Away or Guts
    Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Bite, Pursuit Hyper Fang (level 16)

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area

Voltorb
    Level: 11-14
    Type: Electric
    Ability: Soundproof or Static
    Attacks: Charge, Tackle, Sonic Boom, Spark

Grimer
    Level: 12-14
    Type: Poison
    Ability: Stench or Sticky
    Attacks: Poison Gas, Pound, Harden, Mud Slap, Disable

Rarely seen pokémon in the area
    Doduo
    Level: 10-12
    Ability: Run Away or Early Bird
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Rage

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post.

Last edited:

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Joint post time!

"Great battle!" Sam said, congratulating his new friend. That badge looked good in his hand. Well...it would, if Munchlax would let go of it. "Thanks!" James smiled happily. He had done a great job, despite Tyron's...Tyronness...

"So...since we've gone this far together...want to stick together for a while?" Sam asked.

James smiled at Sam and said "Buddy I wouldn't want it any other way!" James and Sam then hi-fived each other in glee. "Now we both need Rainbow Badges so let's make our way to Celedon City!"

"Right! That's right near where we were training yesterday. Still...Erica sounds strong from what I've heard. I think I might very well need some training. With Glaceon, you'll be fine...but Vulpix is still a bit young to battle. Well...Celedon's a safe enough place. We can leave our stuff at the Pokecenter. Then we ought to train. Agreed?" Sam asked. He knew that training was important for this.

"Agreed. We need to find some wild Pokemon to battle or maybe even capture because I really need some new Pokemon," Said James he was still trying to control Munchlax; who was wriggling around in James' arms trying to make a run for it.

"Hm...Munchlax givin' you trouble? I think he needs a nap...so does Vulpix. Vulpix can go right to sleep...like it did in the gym, but I don't think Munchlax will. Hope you can carry him. Vulpix...use Hypnosis to put Munchlax to sleep...then take a nap." Sam said, smiling. Vulpix's eyes turned purple and Munchlax fell asleep. Then Vulpix closed its eyes and fell asleep. "Aww...Vulpix is so cute..." Sam said, walking.

"Yup she is. But so is Munchlax but he is so mischievous. He'll probably wake up in like a few minutes. Anyways I think Vulpix needs some more training because she only just scraped past Mr. Mime. And Glaceon is looking great. Nidoking is already my powerhouse so I think it's training for Vulpix!" With a yawn Munchlax woke up and jumped out of James' hands. James ran after him and clasped him in both hands. Wow James knew he was getting more then he bargained for. Sam and James then exited Saffron City and they were in the middle of a huge field; surely they were either trainers for wild Pokemon that wanted to battle here.

"We're right near...them! That dude Andy's dead! He attacked me and tried to kill my Magikarp! He's over here. In fact...there 6 of them. Robert and Andy are the leaders of the group. You want to fight them? They offer a TM prize if we win." Sam asked. He knew about this. It was called the 6 trainer challenge, and every good trainer had taken them.

"Okay dude let's do this. Could you ask them because at the moment I'm a bit busy trying to keep Munchlax under control!" James asked Sam. Munchlax was still his fidgety self trying to squirm out of James' grip. James pulled some Poffins out of bag and Munchlax well munched away; he was finally calm. Was this James' solution to Munchlax's naughtyness?

"Hm...hey. There're right here...HEY! ANDY!" Sam yelled. Andy turned around and his face went pale. "Y...YOU! WHAT DO YOU WANT?" he yelled, regaining some of his confidence. "Hm...you are the owner here...right? My friend James and I challenge you. Send your first two...I know your pathetic rules." Sam replied. "Tsk...whatever. Tod, Max, let's go." Andy said, sending 2 boys forward. They also had a confident look on their face. "Let's go! Ekans! Koffing!" they said, sending out their pokemon. "Pidg! I choose you!" Sam said, throwing out his pokemon. As he yelled, Vulpix woke up and walked over to Munchlax, who was now on the ground. They sat there, watching the battle. Sam waited for James to choose his pokemon.

"Okay then I choose you Vulpix!" James pulled out Vulpix's Pokeball and he chucked it up in the air and out emerged his beloved starter Pokemon. She jumped to the floor ready for her command. "Okay Vulpix use Confuse Ray on Ekans!" Before Ekans could do anything let alone attack. Vulpix's eyes turned a sharp red colour and then so did Ekans; Ekans started to move around in odd directions she was confused!

Sam took advantage of this. "Pidg! Use Gust on both of them! James! Have Vulpix use its Ember attack on them now. The wind will boost the flame size!" Sam said.

"Okay then! Vulpix use Ember straight into the wind!" Vulpix released a a huge ball of fire straight into the wind. The wind spread the fire into a massive sheet of fire. It moved straight towards Koffing and Ekans.

"Koffing use Smog to put out the fire!" Suddenly a load of purple smoke poofed out of Koffing and spread across the whole fire; putting out in the process. "Now Poison Gas!" he yelled again.

"Shoot. Pidg! Gust, then Quick Attack!" Sam commanded. "Vulpix, jump on and use ember!" James commanded. Pidg was covered in the flames, like a phoenix. The team charged, hitting Ekans. It flew and hit a tree. "Use Poison Sting!" the other trainer commanded. Ekans shot poison needles at the team.

"Vulpix use Quick Attack to dodge the needles then smash into Koffing!" Commanded James; he looked behind himself just to check Munchlax was still there. He was it seems Vulpix and Munchlax were looking after each other quite well.

"Yeah Pidgey you do the same but you smash into Ekans!" The two Pokemon moved out of the way of the needles they then smashed into the Pokemon which their trainers had commanded them too. The two Pokemon smashed into the ground. Whereas Pidgey and Vulpix came out fine.

"James! I think its time! Have Vulpix hop on Pidg! Pidg, as soon as Vulpix is on, use quick attack. James, you know what to do!" Sam said. "Right! Vulpix, hop on Pidg, then use Confuse Ray!" James said. Pidg flew around allowing Vulpix to attack both of the opponents' pokemon. They, now confused, started fighting each other. The trainers' pokemon sat there while their opponents attacked each other. "Good strategy, huh?" Sam asked.

"Alright when worst comes to worst it times to take a risk; Koffing use Selfdestruct!" Koffing blew himself up. He fainted but in the meanwhile caused a lot of damage to both Pidgey and Vulpix.

"Vulpix hang in there buddy!" Exclaimed James to his beloved Vulpix. "Okay seeing your still on top of each other we'll take risk. Vulpix use Ember on Pidgey then jump off. Vulpix set Pidgey alight then jumped off. Pidgey waited for Sam's command.

"Okay, Pidg! Time for our special attack! Infinity Combo!" Sam yelled. Pidg knew, and used Quick Attack. Charging at Ekans, it knocked it up off the ground. Then, it made a quick turn. Within a few hits, it looked like a flaming infinity symbol when Pidg hit Ekans. Slowly, Ekans fell. Pidg backed off and the team had won their first battle!

slls81

Years
    @Bemertonboy & Sasuneuchiha - Okay I've got a lot to do... okay for the intro:

BB: Congratulations Munchlax grew to Level 3 and can now battle!
    Congratulations Munchlax learned Tackle, Metronome and Odor Sleuth

Sas: Congratulations Vulpix grew to Level 2

And for the battle itself, which was good... some nice strategies. But if I was Pidg I'd be a little peeved at being set on fire, but thats just me :p:

BB: Congratulations Vulpix grew to Level 21 and learned imprison

Sas: Congratulations 'Pidg' grew to Level 16

Logan

Years
    "James! We won!" Sam smiled happily. "I know!" James said. They had beaten the first pair. Next, however, there were more trainers. "Hm...you're not bad. Still...you aren't gonna be winning any battles at all after that. Savannah, Mandy! You're up!" Andy yelled. Two girls emerged from the tent the group was staying in. "We're up? Well...who're our...oh...hahahahaha!" one girl said. "I know. They won't win. Well...send out your pokemon!" Andy said rather angrily. "Well...Venonat! Go!" she said. "Yeah! You too, Sandshrew!" the other said. "I think I'll stick with Pidg...but first, eat these!" Sam yelled. He threw a heal cube to both Vulpix and Pidg, who ate them.

"Well maybe it's time. Munchlax is old enough so now so I chose you Munchlax!" James walked over to Munchlax and picked him up; he placed him on the battlefield. James bent down and whispered some advice into his ear Munchlax replied by clapping his hands. "Sam why don't you start us off. Munchlax observe what Pidgey does then take it as advice okay!"

"Aww...the Munchlax is so cute...well...Poison Sting Sandshrew!" one said. "Pidg! Protect Munchlax with Gust, then Quick Attack on Sandshrew!" Sam said. The purple needles blew back on Sandshrew, covering him in his own attack. Meanwhile, Pidg charged and hit him up in the air. "James! Tell Munchlax to use Metronome!" Sam yelled.

"Maybe later Sam I don't want to take risks yet! Munchlax use Zen Headbutt on Venonat!" Munchlax's head turned a large purple colour then he ran and smashed his head into Venonat. Venonat struggled to get up. Maybe Munchlax was quite strong for his age?

Venonat was down...nearly. "Pidg! Gust!" Sam said. Pidg hit it with another attack, and Venonat fainted. Still...that was a lot of power for Munchlax. Maybe this was a stronger than normal pokemon...

"Return Venonat." Venonat was returned by it's trainer one down one to go Sandshrew was left! "I still have a Sandshrew left and he is really strong and your not strong against Sandshrew with any of your Pokemon!" Mandy was acting really big headed.

"You can never be sure Munchlax use Metronome!" James was hoping for a move that would be strong against Sandshrew." Munchlax started to wiggle his fingers until he started to open his mouth.

"MUNCH LAXXXX!" Munchlax was using Roar to try and scare the Sandshrew. Sandshrew backed away and cowered behind it's trainer.

"Quick Pidg use Quick Attack on the Sandshrew!" Pidgey flew at a pace towards the cowering Sandshrew.

"Quick Sandshrew use Defense Curl!" Sandshrew curled up in a ball his skin hardened up. She smashed into the Sandshrew but because of the Sandshrew's hard body and her soft one she came off worse. Pidgey couldn't hang in there much longer.

"Munchlax follow it up use Zen Headbutt!" Munchlax ran towards the dazed Sandshrew. Munchlax lowered his head and it turned purple; he was ready to win this one.

"Quick Sandshrew grab Pidgey and use her as a shield!" Pidgey was lying on the floor in hurt. Sandshrew picked her up and holding her in front of himself; using her as a shield.

"Munchlax stop!" Sam called out to James' Pokemon but because he had his head down he still thought that he was going to headbutt the Sandshrew. He smashed into Pidgey and sent her into the floor; knocked out. Munchlax had just defeated his own partner Pokemon. "Shoot return Pidg; James I guess it's up to you and Munchlax." With a flash Pidgey returned to her Pokeball. Sam stood calm and collected and waited to she what James and Munchlax could do.

"Okay Munchlax use Tackle!" Munchlax ran towards Sandshrew.

"Sandshrew use Poison Sting!" Before Munchlax could jump into him Sandshrew opened his mouth and fired needles towards the baby Pokemon. All of the needles connected with Munchlax. The baby Pokemon fell to the floor; maybe he wasn't as strong as James first thought.

"Munchlax get up buddy!" Munchlax struggled up to his feet; obviously in pain. "It's time to take some risks; Munchlax use Metronome!" On the note of James' command Munchlax started to wiggle his fingers. Then Munchlax jumped up in the air then he landed again shaking the ground and providing a crack in the floor. He was using Earthquake. The earth was still shaking and it forced Sandshrew to fall on over flat on his face and wince in pain.

"No, Sandshrew get up my friend!" Sandshrew struggling up off of the floor he was only just surviving this bombardment of attacks.

"Okay Munchlax use Tackle attack!" Munchlax ran towards Sandshrew he then jumped and landed on Sandshrew squashing him because of his weight. "Alright now finish this by using Zen Headbutt!" Munchlax's head turned purple he then lowered it and smashed it into the Sandshrew. The Sandshrew was slammed against the floor was knocked out in the process; Munchlax had won in his first ever battle! Munchlax ran up to James and the pair gave each other a big hug Munchlax had found his calling; it was battling.

"Return Sandshrew." With a flash Sandshrew was returned to it's Pokeball and it's trainer ran off and away in embarrassment.

"Great battle James. I think Munchlax needs a rest now because we still have to battle again!" Sam told James a word of advice.

"Munchlax come back!" James took Sam's advice and Munchlax ran back and stood at James' side.

"James get ready for our next battle then! Andy send your next battlers forward!" Sam ushered for the next battle to begin.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    The Poisonous Punch-up!

Warren grinned as he glided out of the bike hire shop on a shiny black BMX, complete with flame patterns. In truth, it looked kinda sad but Warren, being Warren, just thought that anything black and with flames was cool. Not everyone else did, though.
    "Nice bike, baby!" someone yelled from the side of the road and Warren skidded to a halt. Casually smoking a cigarette was a man leaning against a motorbike. With a shaved, tattooed head and a ripped leather jacket, this guy clearly thought himself to be a bit of a tough man.
    "At least I'm not choking myself with fumes!" Warren spat back, "But I guess your lungs are so coated with tar you wouldn't even notice!" Smirking as he ground out his cigarette, the man jabbed his finger in Warren's direction.
    "I bet you're just jealous cause you kids aren't allowed smokes and motorbikes. You're just a load of wimps." Warren growled.
    "Well then why don't you prove it, tough guy!" he yelled, then promptly kicked the man in the shin, grinning at the torrent of expletives that came pouring out of his mouth.
    "Well, you've got some nerve kid!" he finally gasped out, "I would normally batter you, but luckily for you, I admire your guts! So, I'm not going to beat the crap out of you...if you can beat me in a battle!" Warren narrowed his eyes, but admitted that unlike Guy, this man was taller, heavier and generally more stacked than he was. So if it did come to fists, he wasn't going to end up any place good.
    "Fine!" he spat, "Let's make it a double battle!" The man grinned.
    "Alright! Let's go, Croagunk and Golbat!" Warren frowned. None of his Pokémon were at the level Zubat needed to be in order to evolve into Golbat, and Croagunk was probably a similar lesson.
    "Let's do it, Gastly and Beedrill!" he shouted and the two airborne creatures burst out of their Pokeballs. Golbat may be able to fly, but Croagunk wasn't and if he could take the battle to the skies, it would become a two-on-one. He'd need it to be, though.
    "Golbat, Bite Gastly!" the biker shouted and Warren grinned. He'd been expecting a Dark-type attack against Gastly.
    "Respond with Twin Needle and Night Shade!" he shouted and Beedrill dashed in front of Gastly, stabbing with both of its stingers. Golbat bit down on one, blocking the attack, but the other scraped its wing and Golbat flinched. Seconds later, it was thrown back further as a dark beam of energy fired out of Gastly's mouth and straight into Golbat's face.
    "Alright, Croagunk. We're going to have to get that Gastly, and I think you know how! Faint Attack!" Warren gasped as Croagunk completely disappeared, fading away like smoke. In a split second it appeared behind Gastly and smacked it hard, bringing both its hands down in a double-fisted attack. Screaming in pain, Gastly swung around with a wild Lick attack that missed Croagunk, who had already landed several feet below it, but slapped Beedrill right across the face. Angry, the bug spun around, then twirled the other way as Golbat hit it with a powerful Wing Attack. Beedrill spiralled towards the ground, barely pulling up in time to avoid a complete face plant. Warren was breathing heavily and his fists were clenched at his side. In just one move, this greasy biker had completely taken control of the battle.
    "Alright, change of plan!" he shouted, "Gastly, use your Lick on Golbat, and keep that bat busy! Beedrill, String Shot on Croagunk and keep hold of the silk!" Warren grinned as his plan unfolded. Gastly, mad from pain and determination, swung its ever-growing tongue wildly. Golbat, to its credit, darted around like a Ninjask who'd just drunk his tenth espresso, but eventually, that tongue was just too much. Throwing itself into a desperate spin, Golbat launched a Wing Attack at the pursuing tongue, only to have its wings glued to the sticky surface. Taking advantage of the situation, Gastly encased Golbat in its tongue, then threw it to the ground. Though the bat was definitely still conscious, Warren could tell that it wasn't finished yet. It was going to need a minute to recover, though, and that was all the time he needed. Glancing over to where Beedrill was zipping around over Croagunk, Warren cheered as a strand of silk wrapped itself around its leg and the toxic frog was hoisted into the air.
    "Climb, Beedrill!" he shouted in glee, "And throw that toad as high as you can!" The biker cried out, dismayed as Croagunk flew higher and higher into the air, flailing like a madman as it did so.
    "Golbat! You have to help Croagunk!" Warren watched in amazement as the bat dragged its weary body into the air, climbing up steadily behind Croagunk. There was no way it could catch up, though, with its injuries. Croagunk would have to get itself out.
    "Croagunk! Use Poison Sting to cut that string!" Warren just grinned. From this height, Croagunk would knock itself out, even if it did escape. Nevertheless, it reared up with its exposed mouth and fired a flurry of small, purple darts from its mouth, shredding the String Shot.
    "Golbat, catch it!" Warren, Beedrill, Gastly, Croagunk and Golbat all blanched as one at this stupid order, just seconds before Croagunk smacked into Golbat and refused it any choice in the matter. Warren burst out laughing as the bat flapped its leathery wings in vain, then stopped as it rolled over, allowing Croagunk to fall off. The frog hit the ground hard and threw up a cloud of dust, blinding both the biker and Warren. All that was visible was a few dark shapes. Suddenly, one sped towards another, quite a way above it and slammed into it, hard. The dust cleared just in time to see Beedrill flip backwards from the Quick Attack that Golbat had delivered, before it started to plummet towards the unconscious Croagunk below. Warren wasn't about to order Gastly to catch it though. He wasn't that stupid.
    "Use Lick on Beedrill to catch it!" Or maybe he was. It had to be said, though, whatever actually kept Gastly in the air was a lot more powerful than Golbat's wings, as the tongue that snapped Beedrill back into the air had somehow not pulled Gastly down with it.
    "Now, let's wind in that tongue, Gastly! Twin Needle, Beedrill!" Warren grinned and the biker grimaced as Gastly flicked its tongue upwards, sending Beedrill and its outstretched needles rocketing straight towards Golbat. There was just time for it to utter a confused,
    "Gol?" before its two wings were slashed by Beedrill and it dropped like a stone. The biker returned it moments before it hit the ground. Warren looked at him, then grinned as Gastly and Beedrill floated down towards him.
    "You guys were great!" he called happily, "You completely kicked that Golbat's ass!" Reaching out, he petted a surprised looking Beedrill, then attempted to do the same to Gastly, laughing when his hand went straight through it. The biker wasn't so happy.
    "You're dead, kid!" he yelled and Warren glanced up, shocked, then jumped on his bike and sprinted off, Beedrill and Gastly flying alongside. Behind him, came the insistent whine of a motorcycle. This was not going to end well...

OOC: Titles or no titles? I can't decide...

slls81

Years
    @Bemertonboy - Nice battle!

BB - Congratulations Munchlax grew to Level 5 and learned Defence Curl

Sas - Congratulations Pidg grew to Level 17

@ILAYM - Nice post, good battle strategy.

Congratulations Beedrill grew to Level 18
    Congratulations Gastly grew to Level 17

hmm... I'd say titles

sasuneuchiha

Years
    "Okay Andy! I know how this works! Its your turn! And I WILL defeat you again!" Sam yelled. "Ah shut up ya little idiot. Can't you see I'm talkin to my...holy Spiritomb you won! Ana! I think...we have to fight them!" Andy yelled. The area smelled of beer and Sam assumed he was drunk. "Hm...Pidg is a bit weak to fight right now...Pika'd be the best choice...but...yeah. It'll work! Magikarp! I choose you!" Sam said, throwing out his Pokeball. Little did he notice Vulpix sneaking into some nearby woods.

"Okay Magikarp hey. I chose you Vulpix!" James threw Vulpix's Pokeball up into the air and out emerged his little fox Pokemon. James stood and waited for Andy and Ana to sent out their Pokemon.

"Gyarados!" Andy said. "Ditto!" Ana yelled. Their pokemon came out. "Okay! Gyarados! Dragon Rage!" Andy yelled. "Magikarp! Spin!" Sam said. Magikarp jump and spun and was hit by the attack. Luckily, Sam's plan worked perfectly. The attack was reflected and hit Ditto. "Hm...that sucked. Transform!" Ana said. Ditto started changing shape. "James! Have Vulpix hit it with Confuse Ray! NOW!" Sam yelled at his friend.

"Okay Vulpix use Confuse Ray on the Ditto!" Vulpix's eyes turned a sharp red colour and soon so did Ditto's; Ditto turned to face Magikarp and was soon transforming. "No! Ditto! Don't!" Ana said, but it was too late. There were now 2 magikarps on the field and soon Ana's was splashing around in circles in a confused state. "Okay Vulpix now use Imprison on Gyarados!" Vulpix's eyes turned a purple like colour and soon Gyarados was unable to move; stuck in a invisible wall.

"Now! Magikarp! Hit Gyarados with Tackle!" Sam said. Magikarp jumped up and tackled Gyarados's face. "Now Splash around! Do some damage!" Sam commanded. Magikarp started splashing about frantically. Soon, Gyarados was looking hurt. "DRAGON RAGE!" Andy yelled. Gyarados used Dragon Rage, but not in the way Andy expected. It used it straight down, hitting Magikarp, Vulpix, Ditto and Andy. "OW!" Andy yelled. "Sheesh...train your pokemon better. Magikarp! Hit it in the face!" Sam yelled. Magikarp did, but Gyarados was quick. It bit Magikarp. "Perfect. Just like we did last time! Splash!" Sam said. Ironically, Gyarados's teeth had just finished growing back in. Magikarp, full of scales, bones and precious little else, broke all these new teeth, knocking Gyrados out. "SO! What do you think of THAT?!" Sam asked mockingly. "Grr...Ana. You have to win this!" Andy said.

"Vulpix use Ember on your tail!" Vulpix stood on front of James and then blew fire onto her own tail; following James' commands. "Now Vulpix use Tail Whip on the Ditto!" Vulpix ran towards the still confused Ditto and then smashed her fire engulfed tail into Ditto's face causing a considerable count of damage.

"Let's finish this! Tackle it!" Sam said. Magikarp bounced and hit the Magikarp shaped ditto, whose trainer was still confused as to its attack. Obviously, the strategy was to get two Gyradoses on the field. The plan failed, however, when Confuse Ray and Sam's pokemon choice played in. "Grr...you win...again. Here! Take your dirty TMs!" Andy said, tossing two discs over to Sam and James. Sam's read Aerial Ace, while James's read Ice Beam. "We did it!" Sam said. "Yeah!" James said. The two then decided to rest a while, congratulating their pokemon. Meanwhile, Vulpix returned, carrying something. "Hm? Vulpix! Where'd you go?" Sam asked. "Vul!" Vulpix said through a muffled mouth. In it was a pendant...it looked almost like a drop of water. "What's this?" Sam asked, stroking his little Vulpix's head. Feeding the pokemon all heal cubes, he sat there staring at it, trying to figure out what it was.

Our final joint post for this...

slls81

Years
    @Sasuneuchiha & Bemertonboy -

BB- Congratulations Vulpix grew to Level 22
    Congratulations James got a TM13 Ice Beam

Sas - Congratulations Magikarp grew to Level 20 and can now evolve
    Congratulatiuons Sam got TM 40 Aerial Ace

I don't know what he found, but on his adventure Vulpix grew to level 3 and can now battle!

sasuneuchiha

Years
    Suddenly, Magikarp started glowing. It slowly changed shape, and Sam suddenly started hyperventilating. He knew what was happening. Magikarp was evolving. The glowing stopped, and a Gyarados sat where Magikarp was a moment before. "Whoa! A Gyarados!" Sam said. He had a new pokemon. "Wow! A Gyarados!" James said. Returning his pokemon, all except for Vulpix, Sam got up and said, "Hm...we probably should head to the Poke center. You think?" Sam asked James.

"Cool a Gyarados! Now we definitely have to Celedon City Poke Center then we need to take a trip to the game corner. I hear there have a game where you can win stones and I need a Fire Stone for Vulpix!"

"Cool! Let's go!" Sam said. The friends made their way to the pokecenter, where they checked in to a room, left their injured pokemon with nurse joy for some healing, and went to the world famous Celedon Game Corner! "Whoa! This place is HUGE! I can only think of one pokemon who I want to evolve. Pika, that's you. But I can tell you don't want to. Still, having the stone...it wouldn't hurt. We're off to the charge room! Good luck!" Sam said.

"Sam I'll be there to offer you moral support then I expect the same from you when I try to win the Fire Stone m'kay." James said to his best friend. Sam started to walk off in an attempt to find the Thunderstone part James followed in his wake.

Suddenly, Sam had an urge to watch James try this. "Hey James, would it be alright if I watched you give the fire stone challenge a shot? It sounds like fun...and a good way for Vulpix to learn how strong it can be. Plus, if they try to cheat you, I can knock 'em out with Hypnosis. Well? Can I come? " Sam asked.

"Yes why yes you can. I want need Vulpix's help because I already have a plan up my sleeve. But first I need to watch you. So are you ready?"

"Yeah. By the way...I just thought of a way for you to get an easy win. Ever heard of Vulpix's ability. I'll explain later, but first, let's go!" Sam said. Walking into his room, Sam saw 3 things. The first was a man. The second was a Thunderstone in his hand. The third and final was the huge battery with a few wire attacked to it. "So...I'm here. What do I do?" Sam asked. "First, you hand me 100 pokedollars. Then, you go attach your Pikachu to the machine. Then, you charge it for 30 seconds. If you finish it, you win. If you don't, stinks for you. Ready?" the man asked. Sam said nothing and handed the man the money. Then, giving Pika the wires, he got ready to start the timer.

"Okay are you ready. Start in 3-2-1- GO!" Screamed the game master.

Pika started. It was incredible. There was nothing..then something. A huge bolt of lightening shocked Pika, who created it, and suddenly, about 1/3 of the battery was charged. Pika, however, looked tired. Sam knew he had to do something. He pulled out his pika charger, which he had used in Cerulean Gym, to boost Pika's power. Handing one end to Vulpix, he clipped it to pika. Vulpix warmed it up with its new ember attack, then plugged it in. The battery charged quickly, winning Sam the prize in half the time. Sam unplugged it, but when he turned around, there was quite the sight, in 2 ways. One, the battery had exploded. Two, the man with the stone had a face so red, it looked like a tomato. "YOU CHEATER! GO MAGNEMITE! FRY HIM WITH THUNDERBOLT!" the man yelled, throwing out a Pokeball. Returning Pika, Sam suddenly realized Vulpix had yet to go in its Pokeball. "Dang it! Vulpix...you're going to have to fight! Use Hypnosis!" Sam said. Vulpix put the pokemon to sleep. Then, Sam had an idea. "Vulpix use Roar!" Sam said. "PPIXXXXXXX!" Vulpix roared, facing Magnemite. Magnemite woke up and freaked out, hitting the walls, blown up battery and even his trainer. "Now Ember!" Sam said. Vulpix released its flames and severely injured Magnemite. "Now finish it off! Get next to its magnet and hit it again!" Sam said. He had quickly scanned it with his Pokedex, which said, "Magnemite. This pokemon holds itself up with the magnets on its side. These are also very weak points on its body." The attack made Magnemite freak out, but it could not move. Sam had won. "I'll take that," he said, taking the Thunderstone and leaving the room, pulling James behind him.

"But but but Sam I need to go back in there if I'm going to win the Fire Stone?" James told Sam; he was worried about what would happen if he couldn't get a Fire Stone.

"James James James..." Sam said. "What?" James asked. "You do that in separate rooms. Get it? That was electric...here's fire!" Sam said, kicking a door down. He couldn't open it, so..."What do you want?" the person inside asked.

"I want to win a Fire Stone so what do I have to do?" James asked the unknown to him gypsy like man.

"Okay do you have a eligible Fire type Pokemon?" Replied the old black toothed gypsy.

"Yup I have a Vulpix." Said James whilst pulling out Vulpix's shiny Pokeball.

"Okay laddie then all you have to do is melt that block of ice in fifteen seconds and retrieve the Fire Stone inside ready? 3-2-1 GO!" Screamed the gypsy man.

"Vulpix use Ember!" Vulpix bent down and let rip a huge ball of fire!" The ball sizzled down the ice leaving about three quarters of the block left.

"Vulpix now use Ember on your tail then Tail Whip!" Vulpix used Ember on her tail she then smashed it into the ice once again sizzling it down. It was about melted halfway through. Vulpix was beginning to run out of energy; she one had about one attacks worth of energy left.

"Vulpix use Ember on yourself then use Quick Attack!" Vulpix engulfed herself in fire she then ran at the ball in a fiery imitation of Volt Tackle. She smashed into the ball and left about a quarter of the ice left. No way did you have any energy left in her. James looked at the clock and there was only five seconds remaining. James noticed the gypsy was no longer watching and he whispered to Munchlax to use Metronome in hope of a Fire attack. But it didn't happen all that happened was that Munchlax looked like he was focusing on something. But he was using Mimic and suddenly Munchlax set himself on fire and used Quick Attack; he was using the fiery imitation of Volt Tackle too. Munchlax smashed into it melting the rest of the ice. James ran up to the stone and grabbed with one second left on the clock.

The gypsy turned around and exclaimed "What you actually did it; well I guess that means the Fire Stone is yours!" James looked at Munchlax and winked lucky the gypsy had a low attention span.

"Wow! Great work! Well...back to the pokecenter!" Sam said, pulling James through the gamecorner again. This time, they simply put all their pokemon with Nurse Joy to rest, then headed upstairs to go to sleep.

slls81

Years
    @Sasuneuchiha & Bemertonboy - Nice post. Just one thing Sasuneuchiha, Vulpix learns Roar at Level 7...

BB - Congratulations James won a Fire Stone

Sas - Congratulations Magikarp evolved to Gyarados and learned Thrash & Bite
    Congratulations Sam won a Thunder Stone
    Congratulations Vulpix grew to Level 5 and learned Tail Whip

Next Route -

Route 18

Number of Posts: 2-3

Description: A path running from the end of Cycling Road into Fuschia City.

What can you do in a Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things, you know free will and all that... Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other RPers, and everyone have fun.

Wild Pokemon
    Commonly seen pokémon in this area

Spearow
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack, Aerial Ace (Level 17)

Rattata
    Ability: Run Away or Guts
    Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Bite, Pursuit Hyper Fang (level 16)

Uncommonly seen pokémon in this area

Doduo
    Level: 11-13
    Ability: Run Away or Early Bird
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Rage

Venonat
    Level: 11-14
    Type: Bug/Poison
    Ability: Shed Skin or Intimidate
    Attacks: Tackle, Disable, Foresight, Supersonic, Confusion, Poison Powder

Rarely seen pokémon in the area
    Ditto
    Level: 10-12
    Ability: Limber
    Attacks: Transform

Note - the title specifying the rarity of a pokémon refers to how hard a pokémon is to catch. i.e. a much better post is required to catch an uncommon pokémon than to catch a common pokémon.
    How I level the pokémon you're catching will depend on how good your post is. When you're trying to catch a pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it. When trying to catch a pokémon you have to finish your post off when you throw the pokéball and wait for my response telling you if the capture was successful or not. You cannot continue until you know that it was caught. In battles, I will level up your pokémon depending on the quality of your battle post

Last edited:
    Back