• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I watched Kliff and Warren start fighting Courtney as I tried to formulate a plan. Canonball was knocked out and Gella was close to it, we were in trouble.

WhatdoIdo?!WhatdoIdo?! I was thinking rapidly, very confused. None of my pokemon knew an attack move with a type advantage, and Courtney had all of the advantage she needed. Fight now, think later! I knew there wasn't much time, and I didn't have much choice.

"Eruption, Ember on Rhyhorn! Dot, Bide! Wurmy, String Shot Rhyhorn! Psy, Confusion on Rhyhorn! Larvitar, Bite on Dot!" All of my pokemon followed their orders, but Larvitar was a little hesitant until he realized what I was doing. Psy raised his arms and a faint purple glow enveloped Rhyhorn. It was lifted off of Gella and Eruption shot an Ember, burning it. Wurmy shot a line of silk and tied up the Rhyhorn and Larvitar wrapped his jaws around Dot.

After a small second of struggling, the Rhyhorn broke free of his little cocoon. "Psy, Wurmy! Keep Rhyhorn back with Confusion and String Shot! Eruption, use Tackle on Dot and Larvitar, keep doing what you're doing!"

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Kliff sighed in relief as Kris pushed Rhyhorn back into a degree of submission. Now Gella was free, and most importantly, could fight again,

"Gella! Use Absorb on Rhyhorn too!" The Tangela fired a small green beam from the end of one of its vines, which struck Rhyhorn and began draining its energy. For a second, Kliff thought they had it, however a barrage of Embers hit Gella, making the grass type squeal in pain and Kliff swear under his breath. Courtney's Magmar wasn't taking a back seat here.

This distraction was enough for Rhyhorn to break once more from Kris's trap. In an effort fueled by pure rage, the ground/rock type charged, roaring madly as it did so, for the group of pokemon,

"Kris! Dot needs to use Bide now!!"

Nakuzami

Years
    "Wurmy! Throw Dot!" I nearly screamed the command. Wurmy gently wrapped a thread of silk around the now white Dot, throwing him right at the Rhyhorn. The Rhyhorn's head smashed into Dot, jabbing Dot with its horn. As soon as this happened, the little seed pokemon let out a huge white beam of energy, throwing the Rhyhorn into the Magmar. The Rhyhorn wasn't done yet though, but it was extremely weakened by the previous move.

Before the beam could disappear, I gave one last command, "Psy, use Confusion on the beam and send it back around!" The beam turned sharply and headed back for Courtney and her pokemon. "Dot, just in case, jump in front of the beam using Bide again!" The little seed pokemon did as commanded and jumped into the beam. Dot, Courtney and her pokemon all disappeared for a second. They reappeared for only a second as Dot launched another beam.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    Great stuff so far guys, really enjoying reading this :)

Anyway, I think this should cover the levels so far...

@ILAYM:
    Congratulations Ralts (Violet) grew to Level 16
    Congratulations Wailmer (Cannonball) grew to Level 14 and learned Whirlpool

@Zeph:
    Congratulations Togepi (Tok) grew to Level 15
    Congratulations Sableye (Zabe) grew to Level 17
    Congratulations Numel (Baker) grew to Level 17
    Congratulations Tangela (Gella) grew to Level 23 and learned Bind

@Nakuzami -
    Congratulations Ralts (Psy) grew to Level 11
    Congratulations Numel (Eruption) grew to Level 11 and learned Magnitude
    Congratulations Seedot (Dot) grew to Level 13 and learned Nature Power

@Sasuneuchiha -
    Congratulations Mime Jr grew to Level 16
    Congratulations Shroomish (Spore) grew to Level 15

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Warren grinned as the Rhyhorn was sent flying backwards into the cave wall. It crumpled to the floor in a rocky heap.

"Alright guys, nice work. She's as good as finished." Courtney looked at him, then began to snigger. The snigger grew, and soon she was laughing out loud, clutching her sides.

"Finished? You idiot! I've had that Rhyhorn for a week or two and it took practically all of your Pokémon to put it down!" She grinned as the Magmar stepped forwards, smoke curling from the corner of its beak.

"Now, this Magmar on the other hand...he's been my partner in my crime for many, many years. You haven't got a hope in hell, kid. Magmar, show them your Fire Spin!" Warren ducked low to the ground as a cyclone of flame shot down the tunnel, missing him so closely that he could smell his own singed hair. Well, this didn't look good.

"Now, Smog! Choke them out!" No way he could let that happen. In an enclosed area like that, there'd be no way to escape or vent the fumes.

"Violet, Use Confusion on the gas! Turn it back!" Magmar exhaled a thick stream of purple fog, but instead of spreading out normally, it congealed into a small dense ball. Courtney swore. Violet grinned, hands raised and cloaked ina blue glow. Then, with a push, she sent the attack flying back at Team Magma. Courtney and the other defeated grunts stumbled back, coughing and covering their mouths with their shirts. But Violet had focussed the attack on Magmar, and most of the gas streamed right through its duck bill, disappearing into its mouth. The fire-type leaned back slightly, but otherwise didn't react. Then, it stepped forwards and spat on the floor. A horrible barking noise echoed from its throat. Warren gasped as he realised that the Magmar was laughing. his attack had done nothing at all. Courtney and the other Magma members joined in the laughter and Warren took a step back, desperately grabbing more Pokéballs.

"Anyone have a really clever idea right now?"

Nakuzami

Years
    Oh, this isn't good. I thought as I looked at the Magmar. "Eruption...I want you to try something."

"Nu?"

"Yeah, new. Use Magnitude!" The pokemon looked confused for just a second before he stomped on the ground and it began to shake. Magmar lost its balance and fell flat on its face. "Good."

"See! See! See~Dot!" The little seed pokemon jumped up and down before a bunch of rocks fell on top of Magmar.

"Was that Nature Power?" I stared at the little pokemon for a second, "Yeah. I guess it was. Good, two new moves."

Though these moves didn't really seem to do much to Magmar as he got up unscathed. "But we may still have a problem..."

Years
    Warren grimaced.

"By 'clever idea' I did mean something more sophisticated than just 'use moves to attack'. I could've thought of that on my own." Courtney sniggered.

"Magmar, Ember!" The duck bill opened again and a flurry of small flames shot out - ignoring the Pokémon and aimed straight at the trainers.Warren flinched, but a spinning brown and green blur leapt in front of him and the flames ricocheted of it, flying into the walls andceiling. The blur landed and stopped spinning, facing Warren with a slightly dizzy look on its face. Warren looked down at Useless.

"Huh. I was wondering where you'd got to." He looked back up at Magmar.

"And I just had a great idea. Useless, Copycat!" The small bonsai fired back its own stream of flames, striking Magmar's face. Although not hurt much, the large Pokémon stumbled backwards, shielding its vulnerable eyes.

"Now Low Kick!" Useless hopped forwards and booted out one of Magmar's feet from under it. Waving its arms madly, the Pokémon crashed to the ground again. Warren grinned.

"Now, hold it down everyone!" Violet and Useless jumped forwards as Cuddles and Silver burst from their balls, before rushing to join them. Magmar struggled on the floor as the four smaller Pokémon threw all of their weight into keeping it pinned. Warren grinned.

"Now, guys! Take him out while's trapped!"

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    "Warren, do me a favor and THINK! It happens to be a lot bigger than them...why haven't we just done what we did before and combined a couple of attacks? Honestly, Mime Jr., while it's down, use Confusion! I'm gonna need some help to lift up this thing, guys!" Sam watched Mime Jr. start trying to lift the larger pokemon off the ground, but not much was happening. The tiny pokemon managed to keep it down, though.

"From there, we all need to attack at the same time, even the little pokemon, all at once, got it? Alright, go, Skorp!" Sam tossed out another pokeball to summon the purple scorpion. It appeared, growling at the Magmar. "Use Poison Sting, Spore, charge up another Solarbeam. Kliff, get Baker to use Flamethrower, and Warren, use whatever your best water type attack is! It has to be one shot, that's the only way we seem to be able to take these things down!"

OOC: Sorry I randomly appear and disappear. I swear I'll be on a lot next week, winter break from Wednesday evening until January 4th :)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    "Sam, Magmar rely on scorching hot temperatures! If anything, Flamethrower will give it energy!" Kliff instead threw out the rest of his conscious pokemon - Zabe and Pan.

"Pan, use Swift! Zabe, combine that with a Night Shade!" Pan began spinning on the spot as a barrage of stars shot for Magmar. The Sableye cackled as he fired two thick, black bolts from his eyes, the attack making contact with the stars, causing each one to become coated in the same black energy.

Magmar grunted in pain as the Night Shade Swift attack pelted it dead on, neiher Pan nor Zabe letting up on their end,

"Gella, use Absorb just to be sure!" Kliff shouted. Gella once more fired a green beam, hitting Magmar and immidiately saping its health,

"Keep it up guys! Kliff shouted. Just a little more and this would all be over.

Years
    Warren glared at Sam as his Mime Jr. quickly undid all of his hard work and lifted up the pinned Magmar. His own Pokémon dropped off and retreated several steps as smoke curled menacingly from Magmar's bill. Warren clenched his fists.

"What the hell are you doing?! Were you not watching when Rhyhorn knocked out Cannonball? We don't have a water type any more!" Kliff launched a few attacks behind him and Magmar stumbled, but it was still standing strong.

"Come on Sam, what the hell is your problem? Is attacking it while it's pinned just a bit too low for you? You far too big and noble to use my strategies? Or is it just that you want to be the one who saves the day. Well go on then, save it! Do what you always do Sam, wait for everyone else to do the hard work, step in at the last moment and steal my thunder! Let me know how it goes when your great big idea for defeating Magmar relies on an unconscious whale and an attack which is only going to strengthen it!"

Nakuzami

Years
    "By 'clever idea' I did mean something more sophisticated than just 'use moves to attack'. I could've thought of that on my own." Warren yelled over to me after I had launched more attacks.

"Well sorry, I can't really think of that much at the moment!" I yelled and watched events play out, very quickly too. Warren pinned down the Magmar and then Sam freed it and made a bit of a stupid move. That pissed Warren off and he started yelling at Sam.

"Come on Sam, what the hell is your problem? Is attacking it while it's pinned just a bit too low for you? You far too big and noble to use my strategies? Or is it just that you want to be the one who saves the day. Well go on then, save it! Do what you always do Sam, wait for everyone else to do the hard work, step in at the last moment and steal my thunder! Let me know how it goes when your great big idea for defeating Magmar relies on an unconscious whale and an attack which is only going to strengthen it!" Was what Warren screamed in a fit of rage.

"WARREN! This is no time to pick a fight with Sam. And Sam, just...don't do that again!" I turned to my pokemon and started giving them more commands, "Psy, hold Magmar in place while Wurmy ties him up with String Shot! Eruption, use Magnitude at the same time as Dot uses Nature Power!" Psy held up his hands and a purple glow enveloped Magmar while Wurmy sent out a line of silk. Magmar launched an Ember and burned the line of silk while the ground began to shake and rocks fell all around him.

"Everyone, we may be able to take it out if each one of our psychic pokemon immobilizes Magmar and all of our other pokemon uses their strongest attack moves to finish him off!"

sasuneuchiha

Years
    "Gee, Warren, I'm sorry I saw that your plan was going to end in disaster and tried to come up with something that sounded like it would work. As per your knock out, I am quite sorry that I didn't notice while all the pokemon in the general area were being attacked. Oh, and we can have our little chat about me stealing your thunder later. Alright then, Spore, change of plans. Use Stun Spore on the Magmar, and Mime Jr., see if you can pick up a rock and throw it at Magmar. Skorp, keep using Poison Sting!" Sam barked out commands.

Had they really all just shut him down when he had noticed an ever so tiny flaw in Warren's not-so-brilliant plan? Fine, he knew he could keep and eye out for himself. Regardless of what they thought, he was still a great trainer, and last he'd checked, he was also the Kanto League Champion.

"Come on, let's go! I'm not sure how many admins they could have here, but we can't spend forever dealing with this one. We need everyone who has a psychic type or at least psychic type moves to help with this one. And go, Feebas! Use Secret Power!" Sam tossed another pokeball to reveal a fish. It quickly began to glow, causing rocks to shoot out of a wall at the large flaming lizard that was Magmar.

OOC: And I really have got to thank you guys for giving mean chance to write Sam a different way for a little bit. Btw if the spelling or grammar in this is bad, it's because I had to type it on my iPod :(

Years
    Warren was speechless.

"Are you an idiot? My plan was going just fine before you stepped in to lend a helping hand to the wrong side. We had that Magmar pinned and all you had to do was hit it. But instead, it has to be a Sam plan, because if it's not a Sam plan then it's guaranteed to fail, because Sam is the greatest trainer to ever live and nobody else even comes close to his unbeatable brilliance. Except, of course, that your replacement plan was pathetic." He looked over at Kris.

"Thank god you actually have a decent idea. Violet, help his Psyduck! Immobilise that Magmar!" The small Ralts stepped up next to Psy, raising her hands, and the glow around Magmar intensified.

"Good! Now, Useless! Use Copycat and copy Skorp's Poison Sting!" Useless fired off a small spray of purple stings from its mouth and Magmar looked up to see the barrage of attacks flying towards it. Held fast and unable to dodge or block, it was struck by a barrage of rocks, stings and spores.

Nakuzami

Years
    (OOC: LOL! did you just say that Psy is a Psyduck?! XD He happens to be a Ralts :P)

I rolled my eyes as Warren and Sam continued to fight. "You'd think they'd be just a little more mature, at least in this situation." I muttered under my breath as I gave my pokemon more commands. Or at least, I just told them to continue what they were doing and told Larvitar to use Bite.

"Thank god you actually have a decent idea. Violet, help his Psyduck! Immobilise that Magmar!" Came Warren's voice after he was done yelling at Sam again.

"Thanks...er, what?" I looked at Psy, unless I had been looking at him wrong all this time, he was most deifinately not a Psyduck.

sasuneuchiha

Years
    "Dammit just a little more..." Sam growled, the Magmar was now screeching in pain. "Fenrir, get in there, Bite it!" Sam tossed out another pokeball. The grey dog appeared and charged at the Magmar and like the Larvitar, bit the Magmar.

"Maaag!" the fire lizard screeched, before closing its eyes and passing out.

"No no no no no! Damn you! Damn you all! I swear, I will have my revenge on each and every one of you brats!" Courtney yelled. Sam sighed.

"Yeah...good luck with that. Just get going, unless you want to end up like your pokemon over there." Sam motioned to the knocked out Rhyhorn and Magmar. She growled at him, but left without another word. Sam sighed, then returned all of his pokemon.

"Right then...not much else to do at this point, except head down. If you all aren't terribly pissed off at me, I have one other idea. How about we split into groups of two, there isn't a terrible amount of need for all four of us to fight one person, and this way we can search more ground faster. I'd say all go solo, but I doubt any of us could take down one of those pokemon on our own. I'm happy to go with any of you, but if you don't want me around, that's fine, you can all head down yourselves and I'll follow a bit later and go off on my own again. By the way, Kris, I think it was? You might want to drop those pokeballs here or put them in your bag so we can give them to someone. They won't listen to us and I feel like they're a rather large liability." Sam had this plan set out fairly well, and so long as he didn't end up going through this little adventure with Warren, he'd be absolutly fine with any of this. They really didn't need to be fighting right now.

OOC: Yeah...that fight was reaching no proper conclusion so I just ended it. Hope you all don't mind...

Years
    Warren glared over at Psy, realising that it seemed to be rather not yellow and not duck shaped. He sniffed.

"Freaky looking Psyduck anyway." He looked over at Sam.

"I had been hoping to question her, actually, what with how she was the one in charge." He stepped forwards, holding up several Pokéballs to return his team.

"But seeing as you chased her off, we'd better see if we can find out anything from the others about our Pokémon, or at least what they were doing here." He spun, then turned to Kris on a whim.

"You. Let's go. The rest of the grunts will start clearing out of here as soon as they hear that their leader's gone and we need to start questioning the ones still here before they all disappear."

Nakuzami

Years
    The Magmar fainted and Courtney stormed out after Sam threatened her. He also pointed out the pokeballs I had taken from Courtney, I had almost forgotten I had them. I tucked them into my pocket for now, I could give them to somebody after we actually saw someone not in Team Magma.

Warren looked at Psy, realising he was not a Psyduck. "Freaky looking Psyduck anyway." I couldn't help letting out a very small, quiet laugh so that Warren couldn't hear it. Of course, I don't know how loud I really did laugh.

Warren spun around to look at me, "You. Let's go. The rest of the grunts will start clearing out of here as soon as they hear that their leader's gone and we need to start questioning the ones still here before they all disappear."

"Uhm...okay." I recalled all of my pokemon except Larvitar and started down the cavern, keeping an eye out for anything that moved.

sasuneuchiha

Years
    Sam sniffed, he had half been hoping Warren would have more to say than just a bunch of that. He had half been hoping Warren would yell at him, say something other than what he had. Sam turned to face Kliff.

"...it would appear we've been left together. Any suggestions as per what we should do? Because Warren missed that she went back into the base. We could wait here, or we could do down looking. Regardless, I'm here to look for my team. With me or not, you aren't changing my goal..." Sam was sad, but only to an extent. He had his first chance in a long while to go looking for his team near where they should be. He couldn't blow this, and not even Warren's arrogance and miserable mood would stop him today.

OOC: Woo...does this sound like JPing to anyone but me?

Years
    For a good few minutes, Warren and Kris walked in silence through the caves. Shortly, they came to a fork in the tunnel. Warren paused.

"Hang on a second." He dug a scrap piece of paper out of pocket along with the stub of a pencil, then scrawled a quick note on it.

We've gone left. You go right - cover more ground. He straightened up, sticking the note on top of a small rocky protrusion, then took a glance down both tunnels. Neither seemed particularly busy - or had any sign of life whatsoever.

"We're not finding anybody like this. You got any ideas, kid?"

Nakuzami

Years
    After a few minutes of walking in silence, we came to a fork in the road.

"Hang on a second." Warren said as he pulled out a piece of paper and pencil, scribbling a note on it. He then placed it on top of a rock where it could be seen. It read 'We've gone left. You go right.'

"We're not finding anybody like this. You got any ideas, kid?" Warren asked me after I had read the note in my head.

"Ur...you have a Poochyena, right? Maybe your Poochyena could try to sniff out the grunts." I thought for another moment, trying to come up with something more, "Also, how good are your Ralts' psychic powers? My Ralts and your Ralts could try to locate some grunts, but I don't know how well that would work." I grabbed Psy's pokeball and let him out, "So, whaddya think?" I asked both Psy and Warren.

Back