• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm a bit disappointed that gym leaders don't have in-battle 3d models. Even flare grunts have them.

I know the flare grunts are just copy pasta but I still would have thought gym leaders would have them. Not having them kinda makes them seem unimportant.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Lack of new Pokémon, I 'spose. I was hoping to stay away from the internet for a couple of days before I completed the game so that I could be surprised by the new Pokémon, though the majority were already revealed. (With only 69 actually new Pokémon. Haha.)

The story wasn't as absorbing as I found Black and White's to be. I found the evil team rather uncreative, and Lysandre's reveal as the big boss wasn't at all surprising... Though, I'll admit I did find the big man himself quite intimidating. Some points in the story felt rather cheesy, especially the battle with AZ before the credits. I'll admit I was quite moved when his Pokémon returned to him though.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Team Flare was the biggest disappointment for me. At first I would have said nothing, but Team Flare just really bugs me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    One of my biggest disappointment is that it was way too easy. I never once felt challenged at this point, and I know it's targeted at younger kids, but even my 10 year old brother had no challenges at all beating this game. What age could they be aiming for if not for 10 year olds? (sidenote: my brother isn't very good @ puzzles). Even finding all the Pokemon was pretty easy, I mean, I haven't even beat the game and I already know where I can probably find Mewtwo and Zygarde. And it doesn't seem like it'll be much of a challenge actually getting them (aka RBY Rayquaza and Giratina) since my brother was able to do that pretty quickly.

Okay, fine, I guess I have another disappointment. There's only 60-something new Pokemon? Mega Evolutions were great and all, but I only like a handful of them, and only a handful of Kalos Pokemon in general (no, I'm not a new gen hater, I hate plenty of other old Pokemon too) and I'm kinda sad that they took the place of new designs. Especially because you can't even get all of the stones before beating the Elite Four, and you only get 1, so it's no fun to trade them around.

Ah, ok, finally, there is nothing to do postgame. I mean, catch all the Pokemon, I guess, but the story required you to travel the whole region, so then, there's nothing left. I did actually like how the story was different than BW's fight a gym, cross a bridge and battle zero trainers, then fight another gym approach to a "storyline."

There were a lot of things I really liked about this game, but there were just a few major things that I didn't.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The way that some old Pokemon cries have been "updated". Some of them seem to have went through fine - Squirtle, Vaporeon etc are pretty much the same. But some seem to have changed awfully, such as Dugtrio and Staru, so now sound nothing like they used to. Even Staraptor's screech isn't as cool as it used to be.

And yes, I'm so happy with the game so far that this is the only thing I'm really disappointed with.

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
    Years
    No mega Arcanine

The only real problem I have with the games is the same one that a lot of people seem to have and that's the lack of a post game. I guess the post game is ok but unlike last gen, I just don't feel the same need to raise a bunch of Pokemon because there's nothing really challenging post e4(or even before it). I do love these games but, like most games they do have room for improvement.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    You can get more than one stone before the elite four. I have 6 badges and have 6 stones (blastoise, Blaziken, lucario, ampharos, gengar, and abomisnow). I'm excited to search for more post-game.

I guess the only downfall of the games is not that it's so easy, but that there is not a Hard Mode like in BW2. Some people don't mind it being this easy, but since hard mode was already introduced, they should have kept it.

Another disappointment was the Pokedex not having a habitat function like in BW. I didn't let myself follow the Pokemon news for this game so I started playing without know a lot of the new pokemon. It would have been nice to look in my pokedex to see if I have encountered every Pokemon in the route. But it's not a huge deal. Just something I would have liked to use.

I wish mightyena got an evolution via moon stone into a werewolf. But I guess GF is saving that for the Hoenn remake. Also, Houndoom doesn't have a Cerberus evolution :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    The game in itself was a huge disappointment.

There are about 70 new pokemon compared to the previous versions. The game was a pubstomp even without EXP share. You can't mount your own pokemon. The game was too short for my taste.

All I want from the new versions was for me to live out the days of Red and Blue/Gold and Silver, you thinking up viable strategies to beat up Gym leaders/Elite Four/Champion.

I don't expect a ridiculous difficulty but the Elite Four/Champion was a complete joke.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm not too disappointed with the game, but then, I went in with low expectations. As a rule, the first games of a new generation never have as much in as they should have - after all, if they included everything, what would they then do to justify the third game or sequel games?

The low number of new Pokemon was a disappointment, but I think that was partly due to the fact that they were all leaked before the game was released, and in that regard I should have just been more careful with what I looked at.

Although I am disappointed that Game Freak haven't got their act together with Pokemon Bank. A two and a half month wait between the game being released and being able to transfer your old Pokemon is inexcusable. Part of the appeal of Pokemon, to me, has always been that ability to transfer your old Pokemon over, and be able to actually fill your Pokedex. At the moment, you can't do that, and there is no way that there is enough to X and Y to last two and a half months. By the time Pokemon Bank is released I doubt I'll have touched X in weeks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    After beating the X and Y series, I found the game to be the most dissapointing version. Am I the only one feeling this way?

I've been playing pokemon and have been a devoted fan since the beginning. I've bought every version up to this point and I have to say that X and Y has by far been the most disappointing version I've ever played.

The Gym leaders, The Elite Four and even the champion was a the biggest pubstomp I've ever been in. I went in expecting a challenge, like you would a typical Elite Four, but I end up one shotting everything and only using a Hyper Potion twice. I know I shouldn't expect the game to be too much of a challenge, but this is ridiculous. I did not expect this game to be a streamlined brainless run-through of the game. I'd like to be challenged, at least.

What disappointed me the most is the new pokemon. The only reason for me to buy the new version was to learn and check out the new pokemon, and 69 was not even half the pokemon featured compared to the previous versions. I don't mind revisiting the old pokemon, but my main reason of buying the new version is to see lots of new pokemon. In addition to this, I feel almost no attachment to my pokemon like I would in previous games.

At least the Santalune forest and the sleeping Snorlax reminded me of the old days of Red and Blue, but that was it. I just wish this game was more of a challenge for me.

Am I the only one disappointed with this game?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    My only complaint is the lack of rebattlable trainers and other things to do in the postgame. After beating the Elite Four, I can't find anyone to rematch other than the Elite Four themselves.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    My only complaint is the lack of rebattlable trainers and other things to do in the postgame. After beating the Elite Four, I can't find anyone to rematch other than the Elite Four themselves.

You can re-battle gym leaders in the Battle Chateau once your ranking is high enough. E4 shows up in the Chateau as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Klefki.

...WHAT? Just...what?

This. Also, I'm literally 48 hours into the game (going to the city with the seventh badge) BUT TEAM FLARE'S GOALS ARE STILL SO VAGUE -______-

**SPOILERS**

First Lysandre like "Oh we hate stealing what isnt ours" and now they're going and stealing Pokeballs. Also, they want a beautiful world. Um, PLEASE EXPAND ON THAT. And out of the blue, he happens to be a descendent of a Kalosian king. Exactly how does this all fit in?

**END SPOILERS**

Please someone tell me it gets better.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    This. Also, I'm literally 48 hours into the game (going to the city with the seventh badge) BUT TEAM FLARE'S GOALS ARE STILL SO VAGUE -______-

**SPOILERS**

First Lysandre like "Oh we hate stealing what isnt ours" and now they're going and stealing Pokeballs. Also, they want a beautiful world. Um, PLEASE EXPAND ON THAT. And out of the blue, he happens to be a descendent of a Kalosian king. Exactly how does this all fit in?

**END SPOILERS**

Please someone tell me it gets better.
    It doesn't. But in the end, it starts to make sense.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    You serious? The online is the best the series, and indeed possibly the 3DS, has to offer, the new Pokemon are surprisingly good (for the most part), the graphics are a major step up from previous generations, and the game got rid of the insane amount of tutorials present in past generations.

If anything, this is one of the best Pokemon games, and if you know my usual opinions, then that's really saying something.

While I've yet to complete the game, I am thoroughly enjoying it and am looking forward to finishing it and delving further into the online.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    It doesn't. But in the end, it starts to make sense.

I was assuming the story would be step up from (or at least on the same par as) B/W (I didn't like the story, but I appreciated its presence VERY much). I was expecting too much :(

Back