• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
  • Might be silly, but my biggest disappointment was finding out after I started that I could later get black hair with pale skin (rather than dark), but that I couldn't then get the green fedora.

I'm hoping it just unlocks later. I really want my green fedora :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    the evil team
    after black and white I for some reason thought the new evil team would be kinda more

this new team is just kinda.... stupid in the end.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    My biggest complaint really is the GTS being filled with 80% crap/spam or just plain impossible trades.
    I'm really supposed to trade someone a level 1-10 Pupitar for a pokemon I want?
    Wish there was more filter options to filter out the bs.

I'm totally with you on this one man. It's been like that since Gen 4 :(

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I think my biggest disappointment is how disadvantaged I feel playing Super Training as a Left-handed person. Using the ABXY buttons as a directional pad and pressing R to protect would be lovely. I'm guessing everyone who play tested were right-handed? /shrug

Reactions: Sun

shinx12345

Aquilla
    Years
  • For me, the big disappointment is the balance. Mega evolution is OP, and I hate it. I don't hate the idea, but the execution is terrible. Farfetch'd and Dunsparce do not get one, but Aggron, Alakazam, Garchomp(!) do? Whyyyy! But seriously, the other problem is that there is no downside to mega evo's either. In my experience, the battles now come down to who presses the big shiny 'mega evolve' button first. Boring. Also, the only way to reliably counter a mega is to have one yourself, but what if I told you I don't wanna use one?

On the other hand, Xerneas geomancy is broken as hell. Stick on a white herb, and bob's your uncle. Comparatively, Zygarde's signature move is a worse earthquake. I'm sorry, but what the heck was they thinking? All of this annoys me more because I had hoped this gen would be much more balanced, but instead I have had some of the most one sided battles I have EVER took part in.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm disappointed that the repels are no longer 100% guaranteed to repel wild Pokemon. :( The rate has just been lowered. So far that's my only real disappointment outside lack of areas to visit postgame. Guess they're saving that for the next version though, ha.

Also, mega evolutions are eh. I've never used one as I find them way too game-breaking.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Actually, Aggron DEFINITELY need a mega. He sucks. :P
    Also, mega evolution may look broken on paper but I got a thought they got a BIG downside to them - they take up precious item slots. Items are a large part of competitive Pokemon, and you're wasting them for a mega stone. Mega stones are essentially the mega Pokemon's greatest enemy, and the biggest limitation. The reason Mega Aggron won't replace Skarmory is because of not being able to have Leftovers. And then there's the type change for some Pokemon who won't be able to benefit from it much. (Gyarados only has Bite for a Dark STAB, Zard's only good dragon move is Dragon Claw, etc)

Also, I beat many passerbys with Mega Mewtwo/Blaziken and all that with my in-game team without a mega. They're very much doable. Granted I'm an ex-competitive battler and I easily predicted them. :x

shinx12345

Aquilla
    Years
  • Actually, Aggron DEFINITELY need a mega. He sucks. :P
    Also, mega evolution may look broken on paper but I got a thought they got a BIG downside to them - they take up precious item slots. Items are a large part of competitive Pokemon, and you're wasting them for a mega stone. Mega stones are essentially the mega Pokemon's greatest enemy, and the biggest limitation. The reason Mega Aggron won't replace Skarmory is because of not being able to have Leftovers. And then there's the type change for some Pokemon who won't be able to benefit from it much. (Gyarados only has Bite for a Dark STAB, Zard's only good dragon move is Dragon Claw, etc)

Also, I beat many passerbys with Mega Mewtwo/Blaziken and all that with my in-game team without a mega. They're very much doable. Granted I'm an ex-competitive battler and I easily predicted them. :x

Okay, I concede that they are counter-able, and have that item limitation,I too have defeated many megas, and another problem is that they cannot switch in mega evolved, but on the other hand, things like mega mewtwo Y are only counter-able by priority really. Plus, the point I was making was that mega pokemon are just too good to pass up,; there is no reason to use normal mawile now, for example. Also, Aggron don't suck. I feel he has some good qualities, but let's not get into that...

But on the other hand, I am grateful for your input. I felt a bit down after raising my vivillon with lots of care and getting beaten every time by eveyone's mega blaziken.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Greninja doesn't have any fin in his arm.
    I mean , The first time I saw its pic , It look like he has ''Fin'' in his arm .
    A lot of people though that way so there are ''Fanart'' where Greninja's arm has Fin.
    But , When I saw its actual pic , he didn't really have ''Fin'' in his arm .
    People mistook his leg as Fin .
    I was disappointed because Greninja look super cool when its arm has Fin .

Also , My biggest disappointed is the champion .
    Honestly , I wanted a 17/18 year old champion ,

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • My greatest disappointment is in Zygarde, I had high expectation with this legendary type cause it looked very unique and it's basically the final member of the legendary trio. What did I get out of this? a land's wrath that seems to be a weaker version of its earthquake. Oh, and aura break which is absolutely useless against anyone who doesn't own either X or Y legendary. It's basically a post game decorative trophy.

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
    Years
  • The biggest let down is the lack of Post game entertainment., Nothing really left to do afterwards.
    Im betting there will be additional content available further down the line.
    Hopefully.
    Maybe a first pokemon expansion pack A sinnoh accessibility maybe,
    Travel to sinnoh and do the badges and league there?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    when i steal an item off a trainer, i don't get to keep it =/

Back