• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Years
  • Mewtwo took me 4 balls to catch, and I didn't use the Master.
    Also, the fight lasted about 3 minutes. I was expecting a much more difficult fight.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    My biggest disappointment is the clothing. Now I do like what they have on offer in the game, but I was hoping that they would include the outfits of characters from past gens.

Years
  • Should even bother getting these games (and a 3Ds)? there are a lot of complaints here. Are the games still any good?
    I find most people complain about really stupid things tho to. Like now we FINALY have character customisation, and people complain about it...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have a new complaint and just because people complain doesn't mean that the games aren't good. There is just a few things people don't like.

Anyways, my new complaint, the lack of evolution stones. In BW and BW2 we had plenty of evolution stones, but now in XY we have too few. We can buy Leaf, Fire, and Water which is good, but they should at least sell other basic stones like Thunder. I know we can win them off Secrete Training, but it is like they are trying to force us to do, which I for one am not a big fan of because it is very repetitive.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    The music for everything. Music is a crucial part of Pokemon for me. The music overall was lackluster. The only thing I actually enjoyed listening to was Diantha's theme, only the first 15 seconds...

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    I HATE the Friend Safari. Worst design decision EVER. More friends = more successful catching because you've got more variety advantage? You know, that wouldn't be such a problem except I can't even trade on GTS for the pokemon I don't have because I have a crapload of them unidentified. How is that even remotely fair? I can't catch them, and I can't identify them. Awesome.

This single aspect of the game drops it down a whole letter score for me.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I HATE the Friend Safari. Worst design decision EVER. More friends = more successful catching because you've got more variety advantage? You know, that wouldn't be such a problem except I can't even trade on GTS for the pokemon I don't have because I have a crapload of them unidentified. How is that even remotely fair? I can't catch them, and I can't identify them. Awesome.

You know, you can look/ask for a Pokemon you haven't seen in your Pokedex now...

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    You know, you can look/ask for a Pokemon you haven't seen in your Pokedex now...

I know you can ASK for them, but you can't search for them? I want to search Ekans, for example.. but because I don't have Ekans, I can't search for it.. only ask for it in a trade provided I post one of my pokemon up, which is not what I want to do. I want to see what other people want, and swap accordingly.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I HATE the Friend Safari. Worst design decision EVER. More friends = more successful catching because you've got more variety advantage? You know, that wouldn't be such a problem except I can't even trade on GTS for the pokemon I don't have because I have a crapload of them unidentified. How is that even remotely fair? I can't catch them, and I can't identify them. Awesome.

When the Pokebank opens up just move everything there

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I know you can ASK for them, but you can't search for them? I want to search Ekans, for example.. but because I don't have Ekans, I can't search for it.. only ask for it in a trade provided I post one of my pokemon up, which is not what I want to do. I want to see what other people want, and swap accordingly.
    But you CAN search for it, the same way you can ask for it...

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
    Years
  • I'd have to say two major disappointments for me:
    1) The lack of challenge/how easy all my pokemon had leveled up :(
    2) The minimal usage of the 3D. It might as well as been released for the Regular DS :(

Years
  • On the first turn of the big legendary battle, I threw a quick ball at Yveltal and caught it before it could even move. After I stopped laughing I felt kinda bad for him.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • On the first turn of the big legendary battle, I threw a quick ball at Yveltal and caught it before it could even move. After I stopped laughing I felt kinda bad for him.

I think it wanted to be caught. Cuz it took like 2 balls to throw before it was caught

seishiro-san

Inspirational
    Years
  • Well, this certainly might not be the biggest issue for some, however I find the inability to switch and use the running shoes with the analog stick after you have received your skates quite bothersome. Besides that I have yet to find a more prodigious disappointment .

Years
  • Well, this certainly might not be the biggest issue for some, however I find the inability to switch and use the running shoes with the analog stick after you have received your skates quite bothersome. Besides that I have yet to find a more prodigious disappointment .

Use your Dowsing Machine, that's the trick to do it.

Back