• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
  • The music for everything. Music is a crucial part of Pokemon for me. The music overall was lackluster. The only thing I actually enjoyed listening to was Diantha's theme, only the first 15 seconds...

Have you heard the overworld music? That's amazing overworld. And how about Lysandre's theme? The intro is amazing and it sounds more awesome later on and his theme is much better than team plasmas' boss themes. Ghetsis was boring, just drums. N's was overrated and not that good. Colress was the best theme of the three.

Anyways for the biggest disappointment...*drumroll*

TIERNO DIDN'T GET A LUDICOLO FOR HIS DANCE TEAM.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    As mentioned by a few others, my biggest disappointment was that Pikachu is seemingly the only Pokémon that has its own sound effect. I thought they would incorporate all of the sound effects for the pokémon in the game but I guess that was just wishful thinking.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • As mentioned by a few others, my biggest disappointment was that Pikachu is seemingly the only Pokémon that has its own sound effect. I thought they would incorporate all of the sound effects for the pokémon in the game but I guess that was just wishful thinking.

Or at least the starters and more used characters in the anime

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • After playing the game more, I can safely say I've found more disappointments.

-The GTS is still abysmal. People still want legendaries, lv70+ Pokemon, impossible Pokemon (Such as Noivern lv9 and under), unobtainable Pokemon, and unreleased event legendaries (Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion) for everything. They really should ban guys who ask for that crap from the GTS.

-Lack of Generations 2-5 starters. I want a Treecko. Is that too much to ask? I mean, even a Friend Safari appearance would be great. That way, it would at least be possible to get.

-Transferring Pokemon from Generation 5 games will be a paid feature. This is complete and utter BS. In previous games, you simply bought the game and started filling the Pokedex. Sure, there were event legendaries and trades, but that's what online trading's for. Plus, the event legendaries were free. But now, you have to pay money just to fill your Pokedex. This is honestly one of the worst aspects of the game. I refuse to pay premium fees for games that I have already bought, period.

-Lack of trainer rematches. Seriously, why haven't these returned? As much as I slam Generation 4, I can't deny that they made the right decision in keeping trainer rematches. HG and SS were especially good, with Gym Leader rematches. But then Generation 5 came along, and rematches were removed. And now here we are, in Generation 6, and rematches haven't came back. Seriously, we're on the 3DS now. We have enough memory and power to include trainer and Gym Leader rematches.

-Only 2-3 Pokemon per Friend Safari. I don't want to have to have hundreds of strangers on my friend list simply so I can fill the Pokedex.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

what to think about?........
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 5, 2014
    -Transferring Pokemon from Generation 5 games will be a paid feature. This is complete and utter BS. In previous games, you simply bought the game and started filling the Pokedex. Sure, there were event legendaries and trades, but that's what online trading's for. Plus, the event legendaries were free. But now, you have to pay money just to fill your Pokedex. This is honestly one of the worst aspects of the game. I refuse to pay premium fees for games that I have already bought, period.

Whilst your complaints make sense, this one is unneccessary.

-Pokemon bank is $5 a year. Which is cheaper than A FREAKING HAPPY MEAL FROM MCDONALDS!!!!
    - It also lets you store 3000 pokemon, online. Which would and does take massive servers to store everyones pokemon.
    -The event legendaries ARE free, that hasn't changed.

Everything else made sense, you also can re-battle gym leaders in the battle chateau with a high enough rank.

I'd have to say two major disappointments for me:
    1) The lack of challenge/how easy all my pokemon had leveled up :(
    2) The minimal usage of the 3D. It might as well as been released for the Regular DS :(

You didn't have to equip the exp share in the first place.

I am also disappointed by the lack of things to do on Game Sync

Watch this space, they have something in production right now, involving pokemiles.

I have a HUGE disappointment for you. There's a chat feature in the PSS, BUT YOU CAN'T CHAT AND PLAY AT THE SAME TIME. WTF?

Uhhh, yes you can.

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • -Only 2-3 Pokemon per Friend Safari. I don't want to have to have hundreds of strangers on my friend list simply so I can fill the Pokedex.

If you have all of the pokedex completed in Gen 5 send them over to and from Pokebank. That task will be a lot less hassle

This may not be relevant to the thread, but I did patch this thread to the powers that will be who may listen and hopefully they will take one or two things and improve for next game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    The biggest, and so far only disappointment I have is not being able to turn off the skates. I love walking around with the circle pad, but it can be really difficult in smaller areas with the skates. :/

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • The biggest, and so far only disappointment I have is not being able to turn off the skates. I love walking around with the circle pad, but it can be really difficult in smaller areas with the skates. :/

Dont use the circle pad. Use the regular one. it will kick you off the skates. Problem solved lol

Jacobthepokemonfreak

what to think about?........
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 5, 2014
    The biggest, and so far only disappointment I have is not being able to turn off the skates. I love walking around with the circle pad, but it can be really difficult in smaller areas with the skates. :/

or equip the dowsing machine

Reactions: Sun

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    biggest disappointment are the boxes... so many pokemons.. so few boxes

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
  • I have a few disappointments.

1. Lack of pokemon.
    2. Chamber of Emptiness, I was hoping like you will battle someone, like trainer Red, but no.
    3. Post-Game is short, but I like the looker missions.
    4. Sometimes It lags in some battles.

Ludds

I am British
    Years
  • Other than the absence of a new postgame area, my only disappointment is the extremely trivial fact that most trainers only have 2d artwork and not 3d models. It is a tiny, insignificant thing but it bugs me.

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
    Years
  • The plot could have been done a little better, I didn't really feel any urgency to stop Team Flare until after Anistar Gym when everything happened all at once, and Lysandre Labs and the Team Flare Secret HQ just felt... Like, unfinished compared to other villain hideouts like the Plasma Frigate. Team Flare in general felt like they could have been explored in much greater depth... Don't get me wrong, the parts they did right I absolutely loved, but everything climactic and pressing felt very... Consolidated, you know? And that's not even getting into the Champion's identity... AZ's backstory made up for the plot gripes though, like holy god, that is the saddest stuff I've ever seen in any Pokémon game!

This isn't really a disappointment so much as a side-question, but was Team Flare's leader's identity supposed to be a secret? Like, it's very obviously Lysandre, but it didn't even seem like any of the in-game characters were surprised by the revelation and it bugs me...

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Other thing Im disappointed they extreme screw jobs that dragons get. They are either Sp.Def strong and just weak or really strong and crappy defenses.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    The biggest disapointment for me was the lack of new legendaries. in fact the lack of legendaries in genaeral. i started in pokemon platinum, and that had what, 4-6? and then balck,white, black 2, and white 2 had TONS of new legendaries.

Reactions: 4O4

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • Major disappointment is the wait for Pokemon Bank for release and the partner Pokemon at the Battle Maison. Are you freaking serious? ONLY 2 Pokemon!? And I'm VERY disappointed with Shauna's... Sylveon with only ONE attack and have Tail Whip? At least I'm glad one my friend's roster have Terrakion in his set. It feels great that the AI Partner can have legendaries UNLIKE the Battle Subway AI Partner, who has ZERO!

Another disappointment... the lack of good Post-game trainers. The Battle Chateau may have made up for their rematches against the Gym Leaders but I never expected the Elite Four and Diantha to have a showdown there. What disappoints me there is the lack of new setups. They still use the same old Pokemon, despite evolving them. Such as Korrina using Machamp and Grant using Tyrantrum & Aurorus.

I'm sort of bored with the post-game and still waiting for a Normal type Safari with Ditto.

Back