• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • ... you do realise Dragagle is POISON/dragon type right?... its like complaining when dragonite uses a flying type move...
    It's more of an issue in that it receives neutral damage from Fairy-type attacks.

Also, by not using any guides and going into the Elite Four fights with only the knowledge of what types they'll use... had no way of knowing Dragalge would be there :)

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    It's more of an issue in that it receives neutral damage from Fairy-type attacks.

Also, by not using any guides and going into the Elite Four fights with only the knowledge of what types they'll use... had no way of knowing Dragalge would be there :)

so? gym leaders and elite fours have been doing that for eons... ( e.g Juan with his kingdra and lucian and his bronzong...) they all have a pokemon with secondary type that covers their weakness... it is not even a change.

Years
  • As for my own disappointments, the fact that it's hard to get certain evolution stones without doing the whole Super Training thing, and I heard it's kinda hard for those left-handed players out there.

This right here. I'm left handed and I always have to stop shooting to dodge and it makes Super Training ridiculously difficult.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    I'm disappointed in the lack of information displayed for each pokemon AGAIN in the GTS. Come on game freak, this is effectively your 3rd go at it. At least show us the nature and ability of the pokemon we are trading with. Plus, it'll end a lot of those scammers telling you they have desirable traits, thus resulting in happier users!

Bingo; I have been singing this from the rooftops for the past week or so on the forums. I am glad to see that others feel the same way about this huge oversight in the GTS. Giving us the same summary of a pokemon just like what we have like those in our own party will atuomatically get rid of most of the scammers and turn the GTS into a more viable trading area.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
    Years
  • Wishing you could visit the other reigions as well...they talk about the other reigions in the game...my first thought was cool I can go visit and updated Kanto or something but nope

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    One of the most frustrating things about this game is how difficult it is to obtain Evolutionary stones.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • I liked the idea of character customization, but I feel like it's very limited. You get the same clothes over and over, but with different colours. Since I play as a girl I obviously get the female hairstyles. I hate them all and natural colours are boring. NPCs in Kalos have unnatural hair colours so I want them as well.

The lack of post-game was unappealing. Sure, I've barely even started the Looker missions as I'm more into shiny hunting then I've ever been, but people who aren't into competitive battling, shiny hunting or Pokedex completion have basically nothing to do after all of the missions are completed.

I'm not against horde battles (besides they're a great way for hunting shinies). My only problem is that you still have to defeat all of the Pokemon before you can capture one. A lot of Pokemon are just so annoying to defeat.

I also wish there was a way to turn off the skates instead of just using the d-pad. I like using the circle pad but I didn't like the skates that much. This is really annoying until you can get to Cyllage City and get the bike. It's also awful that if I'm chaining Pokemon and accidentally use the circle pad then my chain will break. Then again, I'm horrible at Poke Radar chaining anyway, skates or not.

The Kalos region just feels empty. There's so many things they could have added to those little mysteries that people have found, but Game Freak decided to leave us guessing. I like being able to know, Game Freak, not reading over people's theories about it.

I loved Pokemon Amie and Super Training. However, it gets a little repetitive after a while. I honestly don't like any of the mini games in Pokemon Amie, in fact, I'm awful at them. I'm also a terrible shot at the ball game in Super Training. I don't dislike these features for those reasons, I just feel like Game Freak could have done better. Also, finding rare prizes like stones only through Super Training was dumb.

I feel like I'm giving a full on review of this game now. I still loved the games, but these are just a few complaints I have about them.

Years
  • meh it is easier then in BW where only reliable way to obtain one was through dust clouds...

Not completely true. In Black 2 and White 2 you were able to get a few of them as BP prizes, and others you could buy on certain days after completing certain areas in Black Tower/White Treehollow.

Anyway, as i'm sure some people have already said, the game just feels like it's missing something, and it left me wanting more, to say the least.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Not completely true. In Black 2 and White 2 you were able to get a few of them as BP prizes, and others you could buy on certain days after completing certain areas in Black Tower/White Treehollow.

Anyway, as i'm sure some people have already said, the game just feels like it's missing something, and it left me wanting more, to say the least.

note I said BW NOT BW2 and anyway in x/y you could buy some evolution stone ( fire stone/water stone/ leaf stone) in a shop with pokedoller... which is much better than using BP since poke doller is easier to come by then BP anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Yes you can buy the three most basic stones. But I'm left handed, suck at super training and can't get a thunderstone which is extremely frustrating. Jolteon remains the only Eeveelution I've yet to collect.

Lamp

back
    Years
  • I was Dissapointed with the Cries like They Made Pikachu have Anime Cry but not the Other's plus The Other Pokemons Cries are just Altered to make my Ears just Screech! (I think that's the word.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    HM's are still viewed as actual moves you have to teach to a mon; rather than being able to use them when the situation calls for it in the overworld. This nonsense means that you either have to have a HM slave with you in your party at all times ( which eats up a spot) or you have to constently backtrack to the nearest pokemon center to get you Hm slave with you which of course leaves the mon you have to replace in the party "up the creek" since it will miss out on whatever experience you gain as a result of accessing the area with the HM.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    HM's are still viewed as actual moves you have to teach to a mon; rather than being able to use them when the situation calls for it in the overworld. This nonsense means that you either have to have a HM slave with you in your party at all times ( which eats up a spot) or you have to constently backtrack to the nearest pokemon center to get you Hm slave with you which of course leaves the mon you have to replace in the party "up the creek" since it will miss out on whatever experience you gain as a result of accessing the area with the HM.

I've always found it a bit odd that you have to use a disc or machine to teach Pokemon things that they already know how to do. You have to use the Surf HM in order to be able to ride on a pokemon and have it swim. But shouldn't all Water types already know how to swim? And then you get weird stuff like Rhydon being able to swim/surf. WTF?

Years
  • I was Dissapointed with the Cries like They Made Pikachu have Anime Cry but not the Other's plus The Other Pokemons Cries are just Altered to make my Ears just Screech! (I think that's the word.)

Oh, speaking of which, quite a few of the new cries sound terribly botched in comparison. I hate how they messed up Staraptor's to name one, that cry was the s*** in the DS era.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh, speaking of which, quite a few of the new cries sound terribly botched in comparison. I hate how they messed up Staraptor's to name one, that cry was the s*** in the DS era.

I'm not into most of the new cries either. And I'm curious to hear Diagla's (assuming they changed it in X/Y), because that one was pretty bad in the past. IMO, there is one Pokemon that had its cry improved: Hydreigon. Sounds so cool now.

And Zekrom's. I wanna hear that too. Hope they didn't screw it up (there's not much reason to change it).

Years
  • Oh, yeah, another one I was just reminded of while going through my Ground Monotype: the fact that Korrina is COMPLETELY helpless against Ghost-types. And most Pokémon that resist Fighting. If you have a Golett or Honedge, you are guaranteed victory. She's the only Gym Leader who actually plays a notable part you see in the plot, and yet she's boned against her weaknesses. How clever.

Years
  • I hate that so many awesome pokemon are found so late in-game. There should be a way to teansfer pokemon when starting a new game so you can use multiple parties. Now i don't like to change my pokemon since I have a solid party, but this means that there are many pokemon that I can't play the game with, only train them after completing the game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I hate that so many awesome pokemon are found so late in-game. There should be a way to teansfer pokemon when starting a new game so you can use multiple parties. Now i don't like to change my pokemon since I have a solid party, but this means that there are many pokemon that I can't play the game with, only train them after completing the game.

You can use the Pokemon Bank (god I hope that comes out on Monday) to do that for subsequent playthroughs.

Back