• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
  • Pretty disappointed with how fast I obliterated the League. Only thing that gave me trouble was Diantha's Mega Gardevoir. I was actually panicking all through Victory Road today, thinking it was going to be extremely hard :(

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • My biggest disappointment in the game was when I planned to stick with my first-ever-save-file in my Pokemon X game, as soon as I got a copy, but then I experienced the infamous "Lumiose Save Glitch", this happened in the time this phenomena was still a rumor and the patch to fix this wasn't released until 4/5 weeks later... :\

I'm also kinda disappointed that Pokemon Bank STILL hasn't been released yet officially, even though this isn't a standard in-game feature, it just bothers me >_<

Years
  • The one and only disappointment is how easy the E4 was. I was going to try them out for the first time, just to check how strong they were but I used 1 different Pokémon of my team for each trainer and won without using items. I only used some items to recover before fighting the champion which I also beat in one time..

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I remembered when I got a free Lapras from some generous random guy, I first thought: " Oh yes! Lapras is back, yay awesome water-Pokemon addition for my team!" (except for the poor Docile nature...). Then I used Surf for the first time on this Lapras, and you actually saw your character surfing on... YES an actual Lapras!!! I was amazed to see this for the first time in a Pokemon game, sure, you had that 8-pixel Lapras standard surfing icon in the Gen.2 games, but this time it was different.

So I kinda was hoping you would see your character surfing on a cute Blastoise or a Gyarados or so, but NOPE! :( Just the standard dark-blue-weird-fish-forme again when you use Surf on another Pokemon than Lapras... Maybe something for future games? Nintendo/GF?

Years
  • I'm still disappointed that riding Pokémon wasn't really that much of a thing even if it was hyped up so much. If riding a Pokémon was going to like, replace the bicycle, that would've been amazing.
    But nah. :[

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    This is the now the most disappointing moment of my Pokemon Y history.

I got dubed. I got scammed. I got tricked.

I'm furious at myself for being so stupid.

So some Passerby (who I thought I had on my friends list, mistake #1) asked me to trade. He offered a Haunter, but I already have a Gengar. I offered other things but he was adamant about getting rid of this Haunter. So I thought, another Gengar can't hurt, right? So I gave him one of my many Rhydon, Pokemon got traded, Haunter evolved, all is good. Then he tried to trade the Rhydon back, which made me think "Ooooh, he wants a Gengar, that's why he wanted to trade Haunter so bad" so, being the nice guy I am, sent his Gengar back.

Here's where I got stupid.

He put up his Level 51 Xerneas, so I, thinking he needed help filling his Pokedex, put up my Level 100 Yveltal. Needless to say, he did the trade, then refused to give back my Yveltal.

Xerneas has 4 IVs, compared to my Yveltal's 3 IVs, but I spent a lot of time getting it to Level 100 and I really like Yveltal's Oblivion Wing, so needless to say, I feel ripped off and scammed, and I can't believe I was that stupid. Since I thought he was on my friends list, I got lulled into a false sense of security. Dammit.

Years
  • My biggest disappointment regarding Pokémon X/Y is how they changed many of the Pokémon's cries. I mean, giving Pikachu its TV voice is sweet but why did they have to change the other Pokémon's cries into something so terrible?

As far as I know, they never changed the cries (so, e.g. Raichu has had its cry since Red and Blue), so I don't understand, why it would be necessary to change them all of a sudden in generation 6. So yeah, I'm really disappointed with that.

Years
  • Yeah, I may have mentioned this a few pages back, but the cries being changed is one of the things that I really dislike. Some of them sound just terrible in comparison to their Gen III/DS era counterparts. =(

Oh, yeah, and how about that Veteran who says "My body is ready" but his name isn't Reggie? That could've been flat-out boss.

Years
  • My biggest disappointment regarding Pokémon X/Y is how they changed many of the Pokémon's cries. I mean, giving Pikachu its TV voice is sweet but why did they have to change the other Pokémon's cries into something so terrible?

As far as I know, they never changed the cries (so, e.g. Raichu has had its cry since Red and Blue), so I don't understand, why it would be necessary to change them all of a sudden in generation 6. So yeah, I'm really disappointed with that.

Yeah, I may have mentioned this a few pages back, but the cries being changed is one of the things that I really dislike. Some of them sound just terrible in comparison to their Gen III/DS era counterparts. =(

Oh, yeah, and how about that Veteran who says "My body is ready" but his name isn't Reggie? That could've been flat-out boss.

I have mixed thoughts on the updated cries for old generation Pokemon. Some of them actually sound better this generation (notable ones imo include Skuntank, Emolga and Mienfoo) while others I don't like (such as Raichu and Gothitelle). Some of them don't even have much change at all, like Miltank and Sentret.

Also, I didn't like the criteria for sky battles. A Pokemon with Flying-type or Levitate that can participate actually has to be flying in its model, which leaves out stuff like Dodrio and Gengar. I was once excited for this but when I saw the apparent eligibility criteria I now don't like them as much.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The sub-30 frame rate still hurts.

I can't really replay the game because of it now. It's killer.

This is the now the most disappointing moment of my Pokemon Y history.

I got dubed. I got scammed. I got tricked.

I'm furious at myself for being so stupid.

So some Passerby (who I thought I had on my friends list, mistake #1) asked me to trade. He offered a Haunter, but I already have a Gengar. I offered other things but he was adamant about getting rid of this Haunter. So I thought, another Gengar can't hurt, right? So I gave him one of my many Rhydon, Pokemon got traded, Haunter evolved, all is good. Then he tried to trade the Rhydon back, which made me think "Ooooh, he wants a Gengar, that's why he wanted to trade Haunter so bad" so, being the nice guy I am, sent his Gengar back.

Here's where I got stupid.

He put up his Level 51 Xerneas, so I, thinking he needed help filling his Pokedex, put up my Level 100 Yveltal. Needless to say, he did the trade, then refused to give back my Yveltal.

Xerneas has 4 IVs, compared to my Yveltal's 3 IVs, but I spent a lot of time getting it to Level 100 and I really like Yveltal's Oblivion Wing, so needless to say, I feel ripped off and scammed, and I can't believe I was that stupid. Since I thought he was on my friends list, I got lulled into a false sense of security. Dammit.
    You know you can just trade that Xerneas for a Yveltal on GTS?
    Unless you got attached to your old Yveltal or something, I don't see the problem. For all it's worth you might end up with a better Yveltal with better IVs and nature. Not like leveling takes a while in this game.

Years
  • Me personally, the biggest let down is the fact I 'have' to wear a hat. I just wanna see my haircut but the more serious let downs are: how easy it is to train and overpower the game, and having too many options too produce a team; I had to drop Pangoro and Gardevior off my team.

Scottish Piplup Knight

Sherlock Holmes Piplup
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2014
    If your looking for a game with a lot of post-game storyline I would suggest Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of darkness. That one is my ABSOLUTE favourite of all of them not just because of the amount of post-game but because of what it was like. Also there's a large amount of starters but you have to do a pre-game quiz to choose so it would be a good idea to find a guide for that. So genarally if you want one that will keep you going that would be my highest suggestion.
    Don't reply I posted on the wrong page :(

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Well, to me there were a few things that left a bad taste in my mouth after playing both X and Y through:
    1. The amount of new Pokémon were really small in this generation and I don't buy the excuse that it's because I don't count on Mega Evolutions - Mega Evolutions are completely like forms and they don't make Blastoise be a completely new species, it's just more powerful and has new appearance (and not to forget the fact that there are only three new legendaries plus three that are obviously event released, this generation would have totally deserved a legendary trio of some sort)
    2. How many of the already popular Pokémon like Garchomp and Tyranitar received Mega Evolutions and how many Pokémon turned out to be broken more than one way - I thought that some Pokémon like Dunsparce, Sableye etc. which are basicly laughing stocks at the moment would have deserved those boosts much more to get them some use in competitive aspect and also in metagame (after all, Sableye was even starring in one of the movies - the one with Keldeo and Kyurem)
    3. The lack of really surprising events as Team Flare's connection to Lysandre was too obvious from the beginning. I feel like it would have been better to show Lysandre to us later and not in the start or make some other character the leader of Team Flare so there would have been an element of surprise. Also Lysandre was way too weak when compared to Cyrus or Giovanni for example.
    4. Literally raping Elite Four to the level where they were easier than ever before. I previously thought that Johto League was the easiest but after seeing Kalos League I have to say I'm disappointed. They could have given them good Pokémon or give them atleats full teams but no.
    5. How blind Professor Sycamore and Diantha were even though they obviously have known Lysandre for quite a while. They didn't even try to do anything to stop Team Flare from annihilating all people in Kalos and Diantha was the biggest disappointment by far. I expected her to be on par with Cynthia atleast or have the same level of experience and thoughness as Blue that instead she was weak and helpless.
    So there are all the things that disappointed me and hopefully this didn't offend anyone. :P Overall the games were actually really good and I enjoyed playing them a lot.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • After playing this a little bit the thing that is disappointing to me is the lack of animation of the pokemon. I was thinking they would be jumping and hitting each other.

I can definitely second this. I wanted to see in-battle graphics at least as good as those found in Colosseum (I mean, the Pokemon didn't make contact, but there were good-looking 3D backgrounds and trainer models), but what we got was kind of the bare minimum.

Then there's the GTS. The fact that you can still ask for Yveltal for everything is ridiculous. In fact, it's worse now because you can ask for anything, even Pokemon you haven't seen, so go right ahead and ask for Mew or Genesect.

And the frame-rate? Atrocious. Inexcusable.

And then there's the "difficulty". I use that term lightly. The EXP share made the game a complete joke. Sure, it's nice to have when you're training a competitive team, but it makes the main game a joke. I'm going to play through without it when Bank comes out (If it ever does), so I'm hoping that the game's a bit harder.

And how about the choice in Pokemon to get Mega Evolutions? When I initially heard about Mega Evolutions, I was hoping and expecting to see some underpowered gems like Dunsparce, Sableye, Shuckle, etc. get Mega Evolutions to make them better. While a few of them were (Mawile and Aggron stand out), we also got Tyranitar, Gengar, Garchomp, Lucario, and Blaziken. Blaziken. Possibly the most overpowered and cheap Pokemon in the game, and it gets a Mega Evolution?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I have always been somewhat disappointed in the features that Nintendo just drops altogether. What about having your pokemon outside the pokeball following you around? That was fun, maybe a toggle would be nice, but they don't include it. Also, I personally would rather have a VS seeker instead of the awful EXP share (I in fact turned it off to play the whole game just so I had some challenge at all). If pattern follows, mega evolution will probably get cut by gen 7 or even the next game. It's nice to have change but you don't always do it as "out with the old and in with the new".

Also, probably my biggest disappointment has been GTS. The ONE improvement they made was let you manually type in a pokemon name. Lots of people ask for "special" pokemon, at least that's how the game categorizes them, but what is "special" anyway? Just legendary or is it more than that? The biggest complaint is the lack of limiting impossible trades. Level 1-10 alakazams, level 1-10 (most ) legendary pokmeon. It's obviously just a joke because the other people SHOULD know they cannot ever have the trade be made. Instead Nintendo is ok with it and gets more traffic on their servers slowing everything down for the rest of us.

Another minor complaint is the bag sorting system. You have your TMs, Medicine, Pokeballs, Berries, and anything item that can be held. Couldn't we mark items into their own list for easier sorting? I can't tell ya how annoying it is to equip my charzardnite, then scroll all the way down the list to put in my amulet coin, then scroll all the way down to do it again.

Last edited:
    Back