• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Bikes

Ridable Pokémon or Acro Bike

• Ridable Pokémon

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Acro Bike

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • They could make it change gears so that it'll function like both. Or maybe they have a guy by Fortree who can switch it too considering most areas are near there.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • As infuriating as it was to fly to Mauville and change bikes, I wouldn't disapprove of doing it again in the remakes. It adds a certain challenge. "Oh, I'm supposed to have an Acro Bike to access this part of the Safari Zone? Oops."

...I don't understand how changing the gears of the bike would allow the bike to hop around, either. Haha. Perhaps someone could devise a way? No rollerskates, please. That's a Kalosian thing.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I would love the feature to switch bikes on the field. I like the idea of tying one to the D-pad and the other to the circle stick like with the rollerblades in X/Y, but I also didn't like how imprecise the rollerblades were. I don't want either bike to end up that awkward to use, so I think a proper switch... or just being able to have two bikes, would be better. :/

I'd rather an awkward Mach Bike than having to fly back to switch bikes every time, though. One of the most aggravating experiences in RSE was stumbling across mud for the Mach Bike when you had the Acro Bike with you or vice versa with the trick parts... When you're halfway through a route, you aren't gonna abandon everything and fly off to switch so you can go back, but I'm really forgetful so it was also hard to leave it be and move on because I'd know I wouldn't be back. :(

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    ...I don't understand how changing the gears of the bike would allow the bike to hop around, either. Haha. Perhaps someone could devise a way?
    Devon managed to create shoes that allow you to run, so I'm sure bike technology can be pretty "advanced," too, ha ha!
    I'd rather an awkward Mach Bike than having to fly back to switch bikes every time, though. One of the most aggravating experiences in RSE was stumbling across mud for the Mach Bike when you had the Acro Bike with you or vice versa with the trick parts... When you're halfway through a route, you aren't gonna abandon everything and fly off to switch so you can go back, but I'm really forgetful so it was also hard to leave it be and move on because I'd know I wouldn't be back. :(

I'm the same way. Once you are introduced to the bike mechanic, having to backtrack to get the bike you need seems more of a turn-off rather than an incentive for exploration (it takes too much time and there's no way I can guarantee I'll remember where the place is when I return with the correct bike)--which is a shame, because having multiple bikes with different features should make you want to explore more. Because of that, I think having bikes be "2-in-1" would be more effective.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
    Years
  • They could just make a faster acro bike. That way, one can explore areas and not have to re-visit Mauville to switch out the two bikes. I can't wait to see where else we can go on our bikes. The puzzles in Sky Pillar that require the mach bike were my favorite, no matter how frustrated I initially grew, haha.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • i'd prefer it if there were just one bike and you hit a button to switch gears from acro > mach but if they kept them as two different bikes I wouldn't mind, gives me something else to do as I've gotta go back and switch bikes

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I loved having access to both these bikes; when I still had Pokémon Emerald, I'd switch around these two almost every single day to explore places and discover new areas. My personal favorite would be Acro, as you were able to do be free and do almost anything it allowed you to. Mach wasn't bad, either; was a huge fan of its speed. Would be really nice if they could introduce a third bike in ORAS, which allows you to perform a couple of Acro Bike tricks, while being almost as fast as Mach. d: Would personally like it to be unlockable post-game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I loved the mach bikes, I don't care for the acro bikes you hardly actually need them xD

Years
  • They'll probably make it easier to switch in between Mach and Acro, but otherwise I hope they don't change the feature much. It was unique to Hoenn and added another dimension to the game, instead of just running around the region the same way through every area. It would be interesting if they brought back the skates from Kalos, but I think they'll stick with bikes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    I would exactly mind having two bikes and needing to switch between them, the only time it was really any type of annoyance for me was the need to have it while climbing the tower to Rayquaza and bringing along the wrong bike for the job and having to backtrack to Mauville. So having both bikes wouldn't bother me if Emerald's story wasn't infused as much into Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, but if they do heavily integrate it then a gear feature of some kind instead of having the multiple bikes would be a welcome change.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Praying for gear shifts because going back to Ryder for a different bike every time a new puzzle came up was a little tiring, especially if you didn't have Fly yet. That's all I want to see about the bikes.

I agree, without shift gear it's pretty dragging. All I'm hoping for is that you can easily switch between bikes, like with walking and skating in Pokemon X and Y. Speaking of which, I hope to god that skates are a key item if they include them in Hoenn at all, which I honestly don't think they should. :P

Years
  • RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL
    AH I DON'T KNOW.

I just want gear-shifting back.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL

I don't know about you, but if this guy isn't back from the older days I would personally throw my bike down the Cycling Road. And that's not because of good advertising. I don't think skates could advertise that much.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • Do you think ridable pokemon will replace the Acro bike?

In X/Y you can use skiddo to jump up ledges similar to the acro bike's functionality. Think that will overlap the need for an acro bike?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    In X/Y you can use skiddo to jump up ledges similar to the acro bike's functionality. Think that will overlap the need for an acro bike?
    Just merged your thread in here SamStyle, since this is the place to discuss all bike related mechanics. However I reckon that we won't see the Acro Bike replaced by rideable Pokémon, it would be a bit of a convoluted way to go to what are usually secret locations in Hoenn. If you look at Route 119, it's a large nature trail without much population. In X&Y we seen rideable Pokémon in key locations such as Lumiose City, and Route 9 on your way to the key location that is Glittering Cave.

It's unlikely that we'll see the Acro bike replaced by rideable Pokémon, since a lot of those locations in Hoenn were meant to be a little "challenge" to get across to an item. It would seem odd if there was a trainer waiting for you to ride the Pokémon across to a seemingly insignificant area on a route. I feel it would probably take out the mystery of hidden locations if there was a rideable Pokémon waiting to guide you across an area to a hidden item.

That said, the introduction of a HM could be possible in this regard, which could be pretty fun.

Back