• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Birth of Legends (Rated PG-17)(OOC/SU thread)

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Hey peepz! Just to let everyone know, I will not be posting on Saturday or Sunday. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. None.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
The snivy is a child from the Forest Tribe. Vivian the lopunny is currently busy trying to convince him to let her take him back to his tribe, as of my last post. |D She kinda has a bit of a soft spot for lost children because she was lost once.

Regardless, any thoughts on how leveling will work?

Last edited:

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
I find it interesting Yellow on how you roleplay. Just saying. Anyways, I kinda can't wait for you to post again. I'm intrigued. XD

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
I'm still working on that Yellow. :( It's been stumping me ever since you brought it up the first time. Anyone have any ideas on how the leveling system should work? I'm willing to listen. :D

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Hm... Well, why don't we go with something similiar to Pokemon Trainer Academy? Kinda like this...

• When a character participates in a battle against a lower-leveled Pokemon it gains 1 level, but only up to level 45. After level 45, they gain nothing.
• On the other hand, when a character participates in a battle against a Pokemon that is higher level, it can gain 1 level without any further restrictions.
• When a character participates in a battle against one of the Elders of any tribe, it gains 3 levels after the battle with that Elder.
• Any post about training merits 1 level to the character training.
• If your character faces a large group of Pokemon, Nideous will decide how many levels they gain, ranging between 1 and 5. This is dependent on the content of the post and how hard the character had to fight against the large group.
• If your character takes on a challenge that is significantly, abnormally high in difficulty you may be given the option of accepting extra levels at the discretion of the GM

Kinda sorta based on the Pokemon Trainer Academy rules about it, but hey, I think they work well. XD

EDIT: Evil post is evil. In other words, this is my 666th post on Pokecommunity. Only took three years to do it too! XD

Dawn

Years
I find it interesting Yellow on how you roleplay. Just saying. Anyways, I kinda can't wait for you to post again. I'm intrigued. XD

Oh? I'm glad to hear it. c: I had originally thought I'd be working today, which was why I cut my post shorter than I had originally intended, yet plans changed, so I'll be around for the next day or two without interruption... (Except for video games, of course, but I rarely have time for those anyway. |D)

Hm... Well, why don't we go with something similiar to Pokemon Trainer Academy? Kinda like this...

• When a character participates in a battle against a lower-leveled Pokemon it gains 1 level, but only up to level 45. After level 45, they gain nothing.
• On the other hand, when a character participates in a battle against a Pokemon that is higher level, it can gain 1 level without any further restrictions.
• When a character participates in a battle against one of the Elders of any tribe, it gains 3 levels after the battle with that Elder.
• Any post about training merits 1 level to the character training.
• If your character faces a large group of Pokemon, Nideous will decide how many levels they gain, ranging between 1 and 5. This is dependent on the content of the post and how hard the character had to fight against the large group.
• If your character takes on a challenge that is significantly, abnormally high in difficulty you may be given the option of accepting extra levels at the discretion of the GM

Kinda sorta based on the Pokemon Trainer Academy rules about it, but hey, I think they work well. XD

EDIT: Evil post is evil. In other words, this is my 666th post on Pokecommunity. Only took three years to do it too! XD

I totally read ahead to the suggested rules and was all "...These look veeery familiar" xD

Regardless, I don't necessarily disagree, though perhaps instead of having to be higher level after 45 to gain levels, the enemy pokemon must be no less than five levels below the pokemon in question. Just a thought, or perhaps that's getting too complex. Don't wanna have to do too much math x3

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Oh? I'm glad to hear it. c: I had originally thought I'd be working today, which was why I cut my post shorter than I had originally intended, yet plans changed, so I'll be around for the next day or two without interruption... (Except for video games, of course, but I rarely have time for those anyway. |D)

I totally read ahead to the suggested rules and was all "...These look veeery familiar" xD

Regardless, I don't necessarily disagree, though perhaps instead of having to be higher level after 45 to gain levels, the enemy pokemon must be no less than five levels below the pokemon in question. Just a thought, or perhaps that's getting too complex. Don't wanna have to do too much math x3

Hmm... I see your point. That actually sounds like a good idea. Let's see what other people think about it, hm?

Dawn

Years
I'm going to make one of my "trademark" pseudo siggies for keeping track of Vivian. |D Those who have seen me post in the academy probably know what I'm talking about.

Nideous

Years
Very well, you can do that. XD Also, this has brought up another issue. Evolution. Naturally, leveling evolutions would still take place normally. But... I'm at a loss for how the other kinds would work... I'm baffled. XO

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Try going the way Mystery Dungeon did. There are certain items that can cause it. I can't get the list but there are the stones scattered, a link cable, certain ribbons (Sun Ribbon, etc) They could get it out in the wild or something.

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
I'm sort of confused on how this world looks. Is it three large islands and a glacier to the south with the spring in the middle of the sea, or are the regions (excluding sea) all one landmass with the spring somewhere lost in the middle of the landmass. It may be unimportant, but I just need the clarification. Thanks Nideous!

Nideous

Years
The seconf choice. The main landmass has the Forest and Mountain Regions, as well as the Wastelands. With the Tower of Gods right smack in the middle. And then to the south is the Sea, with the second, smaller continent. And there are various islands around the area, of course, but they may not be important. After all, how could Rene and his troops walk to the forest if they all lived on seperate islands?

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drop out of this RP. I just can't seem to get inspired to write/type/whatever. Sorry about that Nideous. It seems like it'll get interesting, so I may come back and read from time to time, but no more posting. Again sorry.

ivysaur'swritersblock

Sufficient Writer
Years
Guys, I'm sick so I might not be active the next few days. :\

Well, I may post, depending if I feel good/okay or am up to it.

Wish I wasn't sick. It sucks. >^<

Dawn

Years
Alright! I finished that pseudo siggy. For anyone who doesn't know, I tend to post these whenever the info on them changes. The fact that she cannot be paralyzed is taken from the ability limber that Lopunny can have in the games, just to clear that up, since I've never mentioned it before. Lopunny's other two abilities are a terrible fit for the character. |D

Vivian (Lopunny
femalev.png
)
Level 45

Tribe: Mountain • Status: Good
Cannot be paralyzed. Exceptionally high physical power. Minor aura detection.
Moveset (Limit of six moves at any one time)
Thunder Punch • Ice Punch • Fire Punch • Bounce • Iron Tail • Facade
Sky Uppercut • Focus Blast • Circle Throw • Mirror Coat • Magic Coat • Uproar

Back