• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White after N's battle?

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    I just finished fighting N, after much level grinding, discovered that either i am severely underlevelled, or after N's battle all the trainers are overpowered. I am low fifties in lvl, and all the trainers I fight are in the mid sixties. Did this startle anyone else?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Yeah, but the trainers' Pokemon are weak. Which gives you a lot of EXP.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Honestly, I thought it was one of the worst aspects of B/W. I mean, that is a ridiculous level jump, and some of those "normal" trainers post-game DON'T have pushover Pokemon, and you don't really know who has what until they wipe you out in battle:/

I hope Game Freak never tries to pull a stupid stunt like this again.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    Personally, I liked the high level jump. It made the game more of a challenge than the first time around. (level 40+ Elite Four? Makes me sad....) It also adds a bit of replay value.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The level jump was surprising at first, but! Since I tend to grind like 10 levels ahead, Emboar was already in its 60s, which made it a lot easier, as opposed to Black, where all my Pokemon were barely 50, so I didn't want to bother going through post-game. :(

I don't think it's bad, just kinda sucks if you're unprepared. Then again, some higher level trainers you could rebattle would be nice, though I guess I'm fine with 65s, etc.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I was in around 43 ish when I versed the lv 60's ;p I avoided the trainer spoilers so it was a huge surprise, but I managed, with the little houses with the ladies inside who heal you. And buying cartons of MooMoo Milk ^.^

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
    It majourly caught me off guard, too. It can be seriously irritating sometimes since some of the trainers are seriously tough, but most of them are pretty weak; I'm mid-fifties and most opponent Pokemon are on par in terms of strength. I've had a few close calls where I've been almost totally wiped out, though, especially in the big and small stadiums where I go to grind - the trainers there are really tough.

But if you're looking to grind, I recommend route 17, or the big or small stadiums too. Equip a lucky egg and you'll level up quite easily.

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    I agree it was a crazy level jump, but I luckily I transfered all my Pokemon from my older games once I beat the E4. So my 60-80 Pokemon had no trouble, but it was frightening seeing lvl 65 Abombasnows one shotting half my team. XD

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    A bunch of Stadium grinding makes life much, much easier.

Some of the initial trainers you meet (I recall in the Stadium especially), while they were at Level 65 and all, their Pokemon were rather meager, like a Rattata or something small. I'm sure if one enters some place like Challenger's Cave underleveled would probably get wiped out...

I found it pretty cool in some ways because it brought some difficulty to the Pokemon games I never experienced before.

Kjt

Lovatic
    Years
    I've just been exploring the Dreamyard, and some trainers use unevolved pokemon, like Drowzee and Beldum. They're quite easy to beat. However, trainers with level 60+ Musharna and Reuniclus are quite hard to beat. I was quite surprised with the level jump, but it makes the game more challenging, and I like that :D

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I'm not really overwhelmed when I battle the trainers after N's Castle arc. Given that they have advantage in level, it doesn't really make them stronger than us cause aside from we have a mind to think for certain strategies, we can also switch to our pokemons with type advantage over theirs so its pretty much ownage to me :)

Back