• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White after N's battle?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I had 6 Pokémon over the level of 70, before I even went to the Pokémon league. But the encounter rate in B&W is ridiculous, so I ended up battling every Pokémon I saw. But then I found myself zooming through the league, then trotting right on through the rest of Unova and catching Kyurem, in one day. I think that there should have been a little more of an adventure after the league. I found Unova to be quite restricting in that sense, as there was little to discover after you finish the main quest.

However, I will admit that the level jump was quite strange, there's about 20 levels in the difference between the Pokémon league and Black City. I'm not entirely sure what the purpose there was, but I suppose that was Gamefreak's substitution for not having much of a long aftermath to the main story. By making you level grind for a bit afterwards. It's also a little unrealistic, once you beat the league, how there are so much stronger wild Pokémon, and a great deal of them not being from Unova. There should of have been another area you travel to, as surely you would have encountered one of the older generation Pokémon earlier in your quest, if they were simply a gatehouse distance away Opelucid City. I feel that this was simply due to laziness, in the games.

beanzy100000

Collector
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2011
    yeah, it's pretty annoying, and after you battle all of them there isn't a lot to do.

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    when I was about to fight the elite four I just noticed they were too high leveled and I was only lv 40+ which is kinda unfair.

Lv 40+ At the Elite Four? I tend to train hard, here's my training program it's hard but so worth it: First Gym Leader - Lv 15, Second Gym Leader - Lv 20, Third Gym Leader - Lv 30, Fourth Gym Leader - Lv 40, Fifth Gym Leader - Lv 50, Sixth Gym Leader - Lv 60, Seventh Gym Leader - Lv 70, Eighth Gym Leader - Lv 80, Now for the old games I would go to Lv 90 for the Elite Four then save the last 10 levels to play around with and train up for the battle frontiers, but with Black I will probably go straight to Lv 100 fot the Elite Four. In my game I'm UNSTOPPABLE :D

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    the point of the level spike is so you can go through unova again. that's hinted when chairen says he'll do just that, it also explains why the trainers pokemon are weak. the point of traveling unova again is to meet the pkmn from other regions. besides there are still some places you haven't visited yet, the east side of unova.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I like the level jump, they should have even been higher, especially Black City since it's technically the last place on the map route. Great fro gain Exp. Points! :D It'd be cool if the trainers in that Eastern side could be rebattle-able since their levels won't have to change.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    I am already pretty under leveled when i battle N as my team were level 40+.
    Audinos are good for grinding if you have trouble leveling.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    It caught me off guard for about 2 seconds. Then my Excadrill roasted them. They're honestly pretty easy if you train your Pokemon right, and it doesn't take much time to make it to the transfer lab; I quickly sent over my strong teams from Platinum and went to grinding.

Back