• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White ev training

PPB_All-Stars

Duelist and Beyblader
Years
  • Just wondering who has been Ev training in Black and White and what.

the only pokemon i have focused in ev's is my tepig, who is now a level 25 pignite

the team i plan on ev training is

desukan (cofagrigus)

gigigear (kilnklang)

Emboar

Zebraika (zebstrika)

Doryuuzu (excadrill)

ononokusu (haxorus)

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I just beat the E4 and N and such and it was only possible due to Haxorus lol Get a DDance and a Swords Dance up and sweep.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'll ev train, not full ev train, my team like I did on Platinum. I chose an are to ev each one. It'll just be harder as I won't be able to get the Power items during game play, and I can't trade them over with the Shiny Legendary Beasts and Celebi, iThink. So I have to really solely on the wild Pokemon, joy :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I'm terrible at competitive play (it really confuses me, no fun) so I only EV train for in-game play. So far I'm only EV training my scolipede. Not an ideal nature (but not a bad one either) but it has brilliant IVs, I'm EV training to to be a fast physical attacker just because. It would probably have been better as a baton passer or something but it probably doesn't matter that much in non-competitive.

Besides, at home I don't have any wifi access and I don't like taking my DS out with me, so I have no means of battling competitively anyway.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    EV training right off the bat? I never do it. I feel it's way too much of a pain to even bother. I like waiting until I'm finished with the story, much easier if you ask me.

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I don't EV train my pre-national teams.

I only EV train my Pokemon after the entire game.

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years
  • I don't usually start EV training my team until I've beaten the entire region. I don't see much of a point in it, because it's not like I'm getting to level 100, naturally before I finish the game! I have to train my butt off to get level 100, so I finish EVing, before I reach 100. I have my Ev'd Glaceon and Sceptile ready to trade over, after I finish the game. I'm putting them on my team, then I'm EVing the rest of my team, which will be all new Pokes from B&W!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When I get my copy of B/W, I'll be EV training my teams. But there's one thing that's bugging me: is there anywhere early in the game where you can EV train for Special Attack, other than Celestial Tower? (because of Oshawott)

Years
  • I'm not EV training yet, I'm going to wait until I finish the game before I do that. Partly because I don't enjoy EV training, I see it as a bit of a chore, and secondly there's no way I'm doing it until I get the items that boost the EVs you get, and not until I've caught/traded over pokerus.

I will however leave pokemon that I catch with good natures UT.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I got told to raise a Scraggy, so I'm currently trying to ev train it in attack. Taking a while, though :(

Don't know if I'll ev train others anytime soon.

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    all my(gaming)life i was always wondering what the whole EV training and IV stuff is about, could someone briefly explain it?

Years
  • all my(gaming)life i was always wondering what the whole EV training and IV stuff is about, could someone briefly explain it?

By training your pokemon's EVs (Effort Values) you can raise a certain stat.

A pokemon's IVs (Individual Values) cannot change, but effect how much better a stat is compared to a pokemon with no IVs.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Are the power items available in Pokemon Black and White? (Power Anklet, Power Belt, etc.)
    If so, where do ya get them? That would be very useful to know. ;;

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    EV's... Ugh... They practically scare me out of battling, thinking whether or not I should give my Victini Sp. Atk EVs or Atk. EVs, or maybe more spped, Hp, etc... ARGH ZOMGEVS!!!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    EV's... Ugh... They practically scare me out of battling, thinking whether or not I should give my Victini Sp. Atk EVs or Atk. EVs, or maybe more spped, Hp, etc... ARGH ZOMGEVS!!!
    You raise the stats of whichever one would help your Victini more. If it has more Sp. Attacks, then you raise the Sp. Attack stat. If it has more Physical Attacks, then you raise the Attack stat. And Speed is raised if you want to strike first in battle. Between that and the Pokemon's base stats/personality, that's how one decides how to EV train a Pokemon.

I haven't done any EV training in B/W yet. I always wait until after I beat the main storyline. This way, I can be sure that I don't run across any random trainers that will throw off my training, and I have full access to breeding resources and every location in the game. It's much easier that way.

Nameless.

I'm not going to EV train this time around. Being that B&W is supposed to be a re-constructed Gen 1 type of deal, I'm following the old games. I didn't utilize EVs back then when I played RBY, so I won't utilize them in our new Poke country. :D They are a serious pain in the butt to do anyway, and I can never seem to count them up properly. ._.; I'd rather not have to go to the Dream World and grow a bunch of EV reducing berries to fix my stupidity on my Pokemon. XDD

Back