• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black city/White Forest??

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
  • ewwwwwwww i dont like it.......
    this means im ACTUALLY going to get both.
    i usually get one then my brother gets the other and we just trade version exclusive pokemon.
    but this whole version exclusive city thing makes me sad.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I really think they want us to pay more money for the games and are forcing us to get both XD. But I think the story is intresting =I. My question is how will they put both places in the Pokemon Special Manga if its at the same time?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    White Forest kinda reminds me of that town in Pokemon Colosseum where Celebi popped out. I think it is interesting though, how they are different. It makes the player actually think about which game they want, instead of just "Hm. Giant blue beast or Giant red monster this time? Well, I went with the gold mammoth last time...."

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • I really think they want us to pay more money for the games and are forcing us to get both XD. But I think the story is intresting =I. My question is how will they put both places in the Pokemon Special Manga if its at the same time?
    I'm sure game freak will have a reason as to why there are two differant areas in the same spot, probably got something to do with the plot. The manga will probably then be base off that.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Smart Business plan on GF's half.

How everyone feels right now is what they wanted you all to feel.
    I cant blame you guys, because i feel the same way.
    I was originally going to buy Black for the Futuristic city and Reshiram, but Now I might have to buy white just to be a nosey son of a B****. xD

As for the Manga,I feel as if they might have some sort of idea where they transform Isshu into their natural state, which would 'unindustrialize Hiun', and turn Black City into White Forest, to fit the areas in.

For the anime...THey might put a Yugioh Battle City spin to it IMO.

But I cant wait to see how it turns out.I might actually rom a game to see one half then buy the other. :D

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • That would be interesting, except I'd totally love a NEW STORYLINE! The old one is starting o get repetitive after 20 years.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • According to my observation I think Pokemon developers really like to have the version name like colors. So basically the black city and the white forest is the game in which the good things are in the forest and the bad things are in the city.
    Black and white aren't colors they are shades :P.
    Well Black= Yang which equals= light, warmth,etc so Black is good
    while white is the opposite :)

Years
  • I've decided- I'm getting White. I LOVE the fact that there's going t be more version exclusive stuff. No way am I getting both (saving yup for college :( ) but it certainly made me think a little more about it. I'm intrigued (sp?) by this feature, and look forward to seeing what else they plan to make exclusive to each version.

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    Is Black City in black or in white? same question for white forest(or fortress, whatever, in the pic it looked like trees from serebii.) i think its where you get the legends of the legendary yin yang pokemon. probably not where you challenge them. i heard from somewhere that Zekrom and Reshiram were frozen in the 2 mountains on the left and right of the region. Is Zekrom for black or for white? i want Zekrom. Reshirams body is tiny.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Is Black City in black or in white? same question for white forest(or fortress, whatever, in the pic it looked like trees from serebii.) i think its where you get the legends of the legendary yin yang pokemon. probably not where you challenge them. i heard from somewhere that Zekrom and Reshiram were frozen in the 2 mountains on the left and right of the region. Is Zekrom for black or for white? i want Zekrom. Reshirams body is tiny.

Black City will be in Pokémon Black and White Forest, (yes you're correct, it is forest) is in Pokémon White.

Also now that you mention it,
    Black city/White Forest??
    the Ying and Yang symbol does resemble towards Black & White. Zekrom being in Pokémon White and Reshiram being in Pokémon Black represents that fairly well. As for the story behind Reshiram and Zekrom, it is currently unknown. If anything, what you heard is possibly an unconfirmed rumor for right now.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Frozen in two mountains? :O If that rumour was true, that would mean we could have our ice/dragon as the third legendary.

Also. I want more white forest screenshots.

Back