• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanaie

•♥~Yaoi~♥•
    Years
    I actually didn't really think about it... o. o...Hmm...

I actually have no idea. D: ! It's to soon to know yet.

White is one of my favorite shades, but black is just so...Awesome. T-T'

I have no idea. I just have to see which Pokemon are exlusive to which game.

Ketchumall

Soul Trainer
    Years
    Like so many others have said it will depend a lot on the exclusives that come with each game, mons and maybe some other stuff, probably both though, just to have the pride of saying I have completed every pokemon game ever made, legitimately, well the American ones at least xP, from Poke R/B all the way to HG/SS

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm getting White 'cause it's one of my favorite colors and my boyfriend is getting Black. Works out nicely :3

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I would choose Pokemon White version, because in Pokemon White, you may be able to encounter a pokemon that is like Jesus, and I think his defenses are impressive. However, I may get pokemon Gray Version, the version next to Black and White. Or maybe Dry Ruby, the one that goes with Wet Sapphire, the next Hoenn Games. Which ever one comes last, I would get it!

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    I'll probably choose Black, but it depends on the version exclusives.

Years
    I'm importing black, then buying White once it hits U.S. shores. Btw, (not to start any off topic banter) Did anyone have any trouble importing previous games? and where should I look to order them? You can PM me if you know anything.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    White, no idea why, me and my bro will probly do rock paper scizors and winner chooses first.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Black Or White?

Which do you think your going to get? I was thinking of getting white, it just seems cooler to me.

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
    Years
    I think I'll choose grey (Maybe they'll make it! Or maybe something like checkered, or something, I don't know) If I had tto choose one, I'd find out what the version exclusives were first.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    i always get the less popular one. all my friends got ruby, me saphire. they get diamond, i wait for platinum ;D

i think white will be most popular, unless the box cover legendary is pathetic, so I think black.

Angelroid

Sun X
    Years
    Who wouldn't get both games, I am getting both.

one for main things, 2nd for catching and trading to my main one.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Black.

Because black is better than white, IMO. Love the color.

I won't have the money for both, so I'll likely get Black, and then the third version, whatever it is.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My current decision is Black. But depending on the legendaries and such, I may or may not pick White instead.

Also depends on if I'm going to get it as a gift, or for myself, and if I get to choose which one I get.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Oddly enough, I never gave an answer. :\

I'm pretty much going to be purchasing both versions at the end. I never go without getting both versions (specifically Black for myself, and White for my sister who's also interested in the generation). Later when a third installment comes to the shelves, I'll probably end up buying it as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back