• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kai0kun

Chibi Trainer
Years
  • I'm not sure which one i want....Reshiram looks cool...but i also want to get White because i want both games XD. But i cant afford both X.x...so maybe both, Black, then when i finish it, get White!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'll be choosing Pokémon Black. Previously I was going to choose White thinking I could obtain Reshiram there, but they decided to switch things around making Reshiram and Zekrom being in the opposite versions. So since Reshiram is going to be in Black, I'll be getting that version. :)

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I'll be getting both eventually, but White first since I preordered it a few hours ago.

Going by first impressions and the limited insight we have at the moment, the White Version exclusive areas and Pokemon are more appealing (though I can't make up my mind if I like Zekrom or Reshiram better yet).

Flipside

Nubi Trainer [:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I'm getting White, because I decided to let my brother choose which one he wanted, and I'd get the other.

+Zekrom and that Mucus Psychic thingy look cool xD

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Black. It's too awesome for it's own good. The Pokemon (introduced so far) is good, and the legendary is awesome. Though, when it was first evelead, I was going to choose for White though.

majorgames

Even though fire types are one of my favorite types, i like my team to have a ballence of types, I dont ditch my legendarys usually and the same applys to my starter. i always choose the fire type as a starter (always been my tradition) and if i chose black i will have 2 fire types on my team, if i chose white, then not only will i have a fire type but ill have a dragon (one of my other favorites) and an electric type which would be able to defend my fire type from the obvious water weakness, plus the version exclusive psychic (forgot their names) looks better for white than black.

I will probally trade on GTS for a reshiam (just like i did with dialga, i still cant believe that i managed to trade a lv 19 unown for a lv 100 dialga).

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    I want Zekrom and Rankurusu, but I love the 'Techno' theme of Black. I'll probably be getting Black, and trade my brother (Who's getting White) for the Pokemon that I want.
    ~SkullHydra

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    I don't know right now which I am going to choose. I will wait until we get more information about each version and what Pokemon are version exclusives. I will also be waiting if they reveal other areas in the games that are version exclusives as well.

WolfSoul

Blaze Trainer~
    Years
  • I think i'm going with Pokemon white since I like the black legendary better. I don't use ubers but I guess i'll capture the one I like best : D

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I am thinking about pokemon white but until I find out the rest of the version exclusives I am undecided.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    I gotta say... Hey why choose 1 when you can get both. I'm getting both just so i can beat both versions and complete the pokédex all that much faster.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back