• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I'm purchasing both, but White will be my primary game since Black is going to my sister. Originally, I was going to get Black, but because of exclusive reasons - specifically Zekrom and Reuniclus - I ended up choosing White for myself.

More than likely, if and when a third version is released I'll get that too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm getting both games (and the third game, when it comes out), as I've done for most generations. Whenever I don't buy both games to begin with, I end up wanting the additional game at a later point, and then I have to make a separate trip to go buy it. I figure I might as well save myself the time and stress and recognize that I'm going to want every main Pokemon game that comes out, so I might as well buy them while they're still readily available (I learned my lesson when I tried to buy Emerald a couple of years after release and couldn't find it anywhere).

Also, I would like to be able to trade locally to complete my Pokedex, and since I don't have any reliable Pokemon-playing friends (the only one who plays at all doesn't play much), I'd like to have both games so that I can trade with myself whenever I see fit. Wifi does help with the trading aspect, but there are times when it can be really useful to be able to securely trade without worrying about someone cutting off the connection.

Having multiple games also gives me a chace to get more event Pokemon, which is always useful, not that I have much time to go to events these days.

I'm still debating which game is going to be my main game. I'm leaning towards White at the moment, but I'm sure I'll switch back and forth a few more times before release. Either way, I'll probably try to build decent teams on both.

Togakiss

Stay calm and collective.
    Years
    I'm going to get White because I like the aesthetic appeal to it. I'd rather have certain places look rustic instead of hi-tech and what not. White Forest also had to do with my decision a bit also, but not much. I think I'd rather have the choice to catch a variety of Pokemon instead of battling them. All in all, I'm very excited for the release. :)

leov91

Forget Regret
    Years
    im going to go with black mainly because of the rotation battles. ive always disliked 2 on 2 and i know i will hate 3 on 3 so rotation sounds better?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    ★ Which game are you getting and why?
    I'll be getting White due to the version differences. Originally I was going to get Black first, but White looks much more appealing.
    ★ If you're getting both, why?
    I'll eventually get Black just like I usually get the other one. I'm hoping to get it around Easter, but maybe I'll get it before then. I always like to get a copy of each.
    ★ Or are you waiting for the third game?
    I'll also be getting the third game, but I won't be waiting for it before buying any of the games.

Years
    Black Version!!! The exclusives are way better. Black City is the bomb. Plus Reshiram is way cooler than Zekrom. The reason i picked black though is just cuz of back city ahha.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    I Am getting White mainly because of my love of Reuniclus, but i think the idea of white forest over black city had something to do with it also.
    I will probably get the 3rd game when it comes out too.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    I'm getting both, though White is going to be my main game. I'm getting both because I won't have someone local to trade with, and I'm sorry to say that I'm not too trusting of Wi-Fi trading (unless I know the person). I'd like to have all the Unova Pokemon, and getting both games is the only way I can make that possible.

I won't be getting the third game, however. Not sure why, but I don't really play the third game of a series unless I have a good reason to want to. (Hi, Yellow.)

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I am getting White because of White Forest it looks so cool. Also you can find rare items and catch rare pokemon:D

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    White,because there are Zekrom and Rankurusu)) I don't have DS, so I will try run this game on emulator.

Years
    I am getting White because I like Zekrom. My brother is getting Black too so I will be getting the opposite of his. I like all the version exclusives. Reuniclus, Braviary and Thundrus rock.I like White Forest too. I want to battle Iris as well. I really like White Forest. I like how it is supposed to be more natural than Black City. I really like that you can find the first stages of a lot of Pokemon from other places in it. That is another big reason why I am getting White.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I'll probably be getting White, specifically because of Zekrom.
    I hope I don't regret that lol, though from what I've seen, I don't think I will.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I love Reshiram but... WHITE IS SUPERIOR.

I reeeeeeeally want to get Black, but if I was to get most of my money I'm going to take White. I was actually planning on getting both, but I need to save my money and buy an iPhone.

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    I usually get one of the first two games, then the third game. I'm going for White, then waiting for the third game.

I'm kinda surprised more people want black then white. I think the legend in white looks much better (I get mixed up with the names).

And I'm glad both legends are pretty awesome looking. I was disappointed with Dialga and Palkia tbh.

Back