• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
    I'll be going for White simply because of the White Forest. I'm not as concerned about the legendaries or exclusives.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Zekrom looks completely stupid to me so I'm going with Reshiram. He looks amazing.

PPB_All-Stars

Duelist and Beyblader
    Years
    white

Back in September when i was trying to decide which one to pre-order, it was a really tough desicion (yes, i pre-ordered 6 months ago) but after careful concideration, I chose White. White has better version exclusive Pokemon, and it has ZEKROM!!!!!

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
    I would probably get black because my friends are all getting white because they liked the look of Zekrom. I think there are a few pokemon differences between the two games so they be begging me for some.

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
    I couldn't decide on which one to get, but I ended up reserving white because my friend plans on getting black. I'll end up buying black at some point of course, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2016
    I think I'll get White, just cause I think Zekrom is awesome. Awesomely boring and generic reason, I know, but it works!

Venomoth Z

Lazy Trainer
    Years
    Well, at first l had my eyes set on getting white, but change my mind and decided l would go and pre-order black, Reshiram has grown on my and me being a nerd and all black city seems like a cool place. Probably has something to do with it not being as popular as White right now.

soϲks

da grovyle
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    I reserved Black. Overall, I prefer most of its game-specific Pokemon (Reuniclus noooo!) and I like Reshiram a lot more than Zekrom. My brothers are both getting White, though, so I'm covered on all my bases. :rambo:

edit: also, yeah, Black seems less popular than White (probably because everyone's like "ooo zekrom ooo"), which probably lends to why I like it more.

Kninj

Collector Extraordinaire!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    White! I'll be getting the third game to most likely, but for now white is good. Mainly for white forest, i must admit. I'm more of a collector than a battler xD

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    im surprised theres not more people getting all 3 i know i am

Well it will be quite some time before the third game will be released, if it ever is made in the first place XD But I am betting both. Not straight away but I will get both games.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    I'll be picking up White and then The Ruby Remake next year and then Grey after that.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I'm hoping to get both. My birthday is next month so so I will get White then. I should be getting Black Saturday morning, thanks to my Dad. ^^

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm surprised at the poll results, I actually expected the oposite to what I saw (Black having more votes than White) but I'm happy because hardly any of the games that come after the first are chosen

Red & Blue
    Gold & Silver
    Sapphire & Ruby
    Fire Red & Leaf Green
    Diamond & Pearl
    Heart Gold & Soul Silver
    Black & White

What I mean is everyone seems to go for the game that's said first of the two games, as shown above, well thats what I think plus I prefere White to Black, although I think it's mainly to do with Zekrom & Reshiram being on oposite games to their colour.

I'm surprised at the poll results, I actually expected the oposite to what I saw (Black having more votes than White) but I'm happy because hardly any of the games that come after the first are chosen

Red & Blue
    Gold & Silver
    Sapphire & Ruby
    Fire Red & Leaf Green
    Diamond & Pearl
    Heart Gold & Soul Silver
    Black & White

What I mean is everyone seems to go for the game that's said first of the two games,
    as shown above, well thats what I think plus I prefere White to Black, although I think it's mainly to do with Zekrom & Reshiram being on oposite games to their colour.
    But yeah, back on topic, I'm getting White on Friday, reserved at Game, not long now!

Last edited:

miley810

Assassin
    Years
    I have pre-ordered black.Why?Because I love Reshiram and I like cuter pokemon and the pokemon on black are cuter to me.I plan to one day get white or the 3rd game,which I think is ganna be named grey cause I want the solosis line,but I can always try to trade a exclusive from my game for one of them when I get a rounter thats compatable with my ds or dsi

Years
    After a lot of thought I've decided to get White! I based it on the version exclusives (as anyone would I suppose)

First of all I prefer the White Forest over Black City, the Forest just looks more like pokemon to me.

The version exclusive pokemon was tough, I decided to just compare the new gen pokemon and choose from there. It turned out that the two legendary (roaming and the one on the front of the case, can't remember names off the top of my head) that swayed it for me.

I'm pretty sure I'll never use them, but it helped nonetheless :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2011
    I've got to go with Pokemon White! Can't wait for the White Forest and the exclusives for this game!

Back