• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This isn't general to all Pokemon, so I'm going to move this over to the Black and White forum for you. :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I initially got White, for Zekrom.

Then I saw Reuniclus. Then I saw Gothitelle. I was not amused.
    And the two forms of Basculin.
    Yeah, I made the better decision.

Even though I'm getting Black for challenges and stuff probably this weekend.

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
    Years
  • black for reshiram and also black city bcuz i love battles, bt it ddnt have reuniclus in :( luckily i gt white a couple weeks later

Years
  • Black because I love Reshiram and Gothitelle.

Plus, Black is more feminine-based.

I also love the modernized look much better than the old-school looking White.

I am actually going to be playing Black so I voted for it.

Last edited:

Kylectro

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    White
    The preoder of it was a present so i had no idea. Happy with the random choice tho
    <3 Zekrom

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • I have black, got it in a trade for soulsilver (i had two copies haha)
    tbh I would have preferred white but i aint complainin ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Both (added that into poll options because I'm sure there's more than me who own both).

Generally I tend to play Black more, and White is my main game, aka why I'm on my third Unova playthrough, with two of which being on Black.

Overall, I like White's Pokemon more than Black, and I like Black's extra location (Black City) and the design of Opelucid City more than White, so it's pretty even for me.

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    I like White, mainly because of White Forest, but Black's Opelucid City is pretty cool.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have both games and I like both equally because Black has Reshiram in it, while White has Reuniclus and Braviary.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I actually prefer Reshiram over Zekrom, so I chose to get Black. Though the version exclusives compared to White's version exclusives are horrible, to be honest. 8( I also prefer White Forest > Black City, but somehow in the end, I still ended up choosing Black.

My brother has White though, so if I ever felt like switching, there wouldn't be a problem. That is, if he'd let me. n__n

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I like both of them. xD; I like Black because Reshiram is awesome and Erufuun is one of my favorite Pokemon and I like White because I like white forest more than black city and Churine and Liligant are cute too. x3

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Pokemon White for no real reason. I just usually give the underdog version some love

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I've owned and played both, but Black is my preferred version. I'm way more of a nature lover than city lover, but I found Black City more useful on the day-to-day basis, and I prefer Reshiram to Zekrom.

Back