• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Years
Another who goes for owning both, I tend to have one of the two as a main. For me this is White, though Black is my favored one based on some of its version exclusives.

I did purchase Black first, having it for several months before my purchase of White.

Ultimate Uchiha

Switchin' It Up
Years
I say White because I'll put Zekrom over Reshiram any day and I also like the rare Pokemon you get in White Forest i.e Bagon. I guess I'd rather be catching rare Pokemon in White Forest than battling them in Black City.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I really love the differences Black and White present, but I went with Black in the end. I felt that it provided me with everything that I enjoyed from the two games.
I really like Zekrom, but I just happen to prefer Reshiram. I love Black City, because it gives me an opportunity to level up my competitive teams and earn some extra money. I also feel that Rotation battles require a bit more strategic thinking than Triple battles.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I chose White because Zekrom looked better than Reshiram, at least imo. I can only buy one game so that's how I basically chose which game I want. I look at the cover and whichever one appeals to me most I buy. :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I chose White while my sister got Black. I choose White because that the one I choose when the titles were announce because I tend to go for the second versions. Once Zekrom was revealed though I was even happier with my choice ^_^. Though I can say both a quite good.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I chose Black version, I never knew the differences besides the mascots. What made me like Reshiram more than Zekrom is that it pursues the truth rather than ideals and the fact that its a special attacking part fire type.
I dislike Black city though, not much to do unless you invite people, white forest would have been better off due to more Pokemon. However overall I prefer Black version.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
I chose White, because I like Zekrom more than Reshiram, and because I prefer Reuniclus and Liligant to Whimsicott and Gotheritta. I also preferred most of the design changes that White had to Black. I think Black City is a lot more useful than White Forest, though, so my vote goes to Black City.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
Well I got White version because I like Zekrom better than Reshiram. However, I love Black City more than White Forest so I was kind of jealous when my fiancee made it to Black City. :V So when B2 W2 come out i'm getting B2. xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
What game did you choose? I choosed Pokémon black :)
What is the reason for choosing that game? I don't know actually... I thought the legandary was much cooler cx
do you like white forrest or black city better? Black city! ;D
Which legend do you think is better? It depends on who you battle and things like that... But if you ask me I absolutely choose Reshiram! (♥)

Years
What game did you choose? Pokemon White

What is the reason for choosing that game? No real preference, but my cousin planned on getting Black, so I went with White.

Do you like White Forest or Black City better? Haven't been to either, but I'd probably find more use for White Forest.

Which legend do you think is better? Have no real knowledge about either of them yet, but I do prefer the design and typing of Reshiram to Zekrom.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
White, as the version exclusives are just plain beast - including Zekrom.
However, i prefer Black City as i am always making new teams.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
I gravitated more towards Black because I'm a sucker for fire pokemon which made me love Reshiram, but I'm kinda dissapointed I dont have a white forest

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
What game did you choose?
What is the reason for choosing that game?
do you like white forrest or black city better?
Which legend do you think is better?

I bought both games. Loved them both, but for some, intangible, inexplicable reason, I lean towards my black game. Black takes the cake on legends.

MirandaxPikachu

Lovin' Pikachu since 1999.
Years
Well, I have both, but my first one was Pokemon White, simply because I love electric types, and than you could catch Emolga! I never really ended up using it a lot, anyways, after I've played it twice, I really started to love Reshiram, it looked so much cooler than Zekrom, so there I was, a week after I bought Pokemon White, They probably thought I was a nerd :P. Anyways, so I played Pokemon Black, and I loved it. Pokemon Black is my favorite, Simply because I love Reshiram, I never use legendaries tho, so I just used it once, to fight against N. But Pokemon Black still won.

But I liked Opelucid City more in Pokemon White, because it wasn't so modern. =P.
And White Forest was more fun for me, just because it was so peacefull.

Meru

Pickle Barrel
Years
I choose Black but, recently bought a used White since I wanted to replay the game without having to restart my Black version.
I gotta say, I definitely prefer Black cause of the Black city. The White Forrest is nice for catching Pokemon but, I can just transfer those pokemon from my other games and I hate waiting for people to drop items. I'd rather buy them in the Black city. xD

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I bought them both on the same day, but I decided to play Black first because I like Reshiram's look more. My only regret is that I can't find wild Petalils and Lilligants. :( (I didn't know they were White exclusive till later)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I chose White. I regret it because I basically like everything in Black way more after taking a deeper look into the differences with the games.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
What game did you choose? I chose Pokemon White.

Reason? Because I prefer Zekrom and White Forest, but mostly for Zekrom.

White Forest or Black City? I've only been to White Forest, but I'm sure I'd prefer it over black city.

Which legend do you think is better? I think both are great but Zekrom definitely takes the cake. I absolutely love the design.

The only thing I don't like is that Black has Mandibuzz and White doesn't, and I like Mandibuzz a lot more than Braviary.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
I chose pokemon black, but I did not really care which one it would be.
I have not really explored white forest or black city all that much so I cannot answer.
I think both of them are equally nice, but if I had to choose it would be reshiram.

Back