• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If it were Landorus anyway, wouldn't it be Brown Version, and not Grey? And I agree that Kyurem will probably be the mascot. I mean, it makes sense. The last two generations follow this format. Main legendaries for their respective games get to be the mascot, then the big one you can get in both games at level 70 in post-game gets to be on the third version, since it usually gets little to no story in the first two. I'd love for an alternate form, and a new ability. Those two unused moves in BW that are for Kyurem are Sky Attack clones, and I'd love this alternate Kyurem to have an ability that ignores charging or recharging before or after an attack, so that those moves will actually be of use. Cause Lord knows its Glaciate is totally outclassed by Ice Beam that it learns at level 22. Level 22. Hmph.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah, it does, but...well, to be fair, it was given more than Kyurem. If you go to the shrine, almost every NPC there talks about it. And you even get a little scene with the NPCs actually at the shrine. That's much more than Kyurem could say. You wouldn't even know it existed if you didn't have a guide book or get online to see it. lol

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ^ True. I really want to hear more about Kyurem and learn about its history. There's no better way to fix that up than by making it the mascot. Plus the chances of it becoming the mascot is a total given, lol. Especially if the title "Pokémon Gray" is confirmed.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    There is nothing given on who the next mascot is. Kyurem has less chance than Cobalion or Landurus. Both have more story than Kyurem and officially, Kyurem is not related to Zekrom and Reshiram. Just because he's Ice/Dragon, that isn't even enough to put a relation. If that's enough, then all Fire/Ghost, Electric/Ghost, and Ice/Ghost would be related.

Assuming that Kyurem's the Mascot cause it shares a Movie with the Muskedeer also isn't a reason as, Cobalion is also in that movie and all the support for Kyurem just being in a Movie also supports Cobalion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well Kyurem also has a similar moveset to the other two. Also it's typing plus it's name ending is what implies the connection between the three.
    Yeah, Kyurem's more obscure that Giratina was...
    Also it's the very fact that it has less story than those two that makes it likelier that it'll be the mascot. Rayquaza and Giratina had no story before third games added them like Kyurem...
    Plus the movie revolves around Kyurem/ Keldeo much Suicune/ Celebi, Rayquaza,and Kyurem/ Keldeo. Colbalion isn't even one of the two stars...
    So Kyurem has more going for it that Cobalion...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I know the Games have never followed the Manga before (thought the Manga started off like a reflection of the Games), though in the newest Chapter that appeared on Mangareader, one of the Seven Sages caught the Kami Trio. Dunno how this will play in the Manga, but, if they pull another cheap shot like they did with Yellow copying the Manga, and Platinum pulling in Anime Canon into the Games, it would be really cool.

Years
    I know the Games have never followed the Manga before (thought the Manga started off like a reflection of the Games), though in the newest Chapter that appeared on Mangareader, one of the Seven Sages caught the Kami Trio. Dunno how this will play in the Manga, but, if they pull another cheap shot like they did with Yellow copying the Manga, and Platinum pulling in Anime Canon into the Games, it would be really cool.

Well Steven caught the Regi trio during the RS arc too...so I don't see how much of a hint that is for the third version...
    Also how is Platinum based on anime cannon? It's the other way around... (remember they had pt planned before Gira's movie...)

Anyways on topic, what time is Pokemon smash suppose to start in JST?
    Another hint for Kyurem being mascot/related to the other two is it's eye color, it's yellow like Zekrom's element, while Zekrom's is red like Reshiram's element while Reshiram's is blue like Kyurem's element. Don't think eye color and design is a major hint? Look at the last two trios; GKR all have similar looking golden eyes while DPG all have similar looking red eyes.

gamerdna223

No influence from the meme!
    Years
    Well, Kyurem would make most sense. It's in the 15th movie, and it would make the most sense, as Cobalion and Landorus aren't related to Reshiram and Zekrom at all. Kyurem has always been assumed to be the body of the original combined Reshiram and Zekrom. As for the name, Grey would be most appropriate.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Well Steven caught the Regi trio during the RS arc too...so I don't see how much of a hint that is for the third version...
    Also how is Platinum based on anime cannon? It's the other way around... (remember they had pt planned before Gira's movie...)

Anyways on topic, what time is Pokemon smash suppose to start in JST?
    Another hint for Kyurem being mascot/related to the other two is it's eye color, it's yellow like Zekrom's element, while Zekrom's is red like Reshiram's element while Reshiram's is blue like Kyurem's element. Don't think eye color and design is a major hint? Look at the last two trios; GKR all have similar looking golden eyes while DPG all have similar looking red eyes.

The minor detail thing is quite a desperate stretch. They wouldn't go that deep to hide relations.

As for the Platinum, it was a reference to the movie becoming Game Canon. Also you have the slight change to the story concerning Team Galactic. There were a few minor things I remembered seeing in the Anime that became canon in the games I just can't remember what specifically now....it was like 2 small things.

Years
    Another connection is that Kyurem's hidden moves have effects that reference the other tao members typing linking it to the other two.
    The Grey morality is also referenced in the abyssmal ruin's writing also N mentioned it in the cave. So things seem to point to Grey. Plus Kyurem is the boundary pokemon, possibly meaning it being the inbetween seperating light from Darkness.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Locking! Mainly because the mascot and name is announced and really, everyone's discussing that in the announcement thread. So yeah continue your discussion there, gogo!
    Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back