• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Just like how Rayquaza got the third game and Giratina did as well, I think that Kyurem would also get the third game and like what others have stated the game could be called Pokemon Grey.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    GF will eventually come up with a name that we won't expect.

If they are gonna name it based on Kyurem's icy body:
    Pokemon Topaz.
    Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

That's stupid. Not only did the poster below you explain that topaz is often considered yellow (the gem was yellow in "Hey You, Pikachu!"), but topaz is a stone. Black and white are, generally speaking, colors. We don't have Gold, Silver, and Purple versions, nor Red, Blue, and Jade. Pokemon keeps a theme within the generations. I just want to slap everybody who says "it's going to be chrome! Or titanium! Maybe prism! Or even obsidian!" The third pair will be a basic color. The question is what color. I'm saying Gray/Grey, as gray in a primary sense is thought of as the blending of black and white. But we may be surprised. I also suspect Clear could be a possibility, as Wuji is the absence of everything, and clear isn't really a color. It could also be Color to show that the world isn't monochromatic, Brown because it is an understated, neutral color (though I doubt Brown), and even Rainbow much in the sense of Color.

The mascot's going to be Kyurem. There isn't a reasonable doubt that makes me believe otherwise. I knew that Rayquaza was going to be featured extensively in the third game, I just didn't know whether the game would be Emerald or Topaz. I saw Giratina coming from a mile away as well. Kyurem definitely belongs alongside Reshiram and Zekrom, and even moreso than Rayquaza and Giratina did with their respective trios as Kyurem was the original Reshiram and Zekrom.

Years
    I cant believe some of the ppl that say there isnt proof that kyurems not related to reshiram and zekrom.
    If the fact that they are following the fire, lightning, ice theme isnt obvious enough... Look at the sprites, of course kyurem is going to look a little different: its frozen.
    Underneath the ice is a gray dragon.

If that isnt enough look no further than the english names.
    Reshi
    Zek
    Kyu

Ram
    Rom
    Rem

Coincidence?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's stupid. Not only did the poster below you explain that topaz is often considered yellow (the gem was yellow in "Hey You, Pikachu!"), but topaz is a stone. Black and white are, generally speaking, colors. We don't have Gold, Silver, and Purple versions, nor Red, Blue, and Jade. Pokemon keeps a theme within the generations. I just want to slap everybody who says "it's going to be chrome! Or titanium! Maybe prism! Or even obsidian!" The third pair will be a basic color. The question is what color. I'm saying Gray/Grey, as gray in a primary sense is thought of as the blending of black and white. But we may be surprised. I also suspect Clear could be a possibility, as Wuji is the absence of everything, and clear isn't really a color. It could also be Color to show that the world isn't monochromatic, Brown because it is an understated, neutral color (though I doubt Brown), and even Rainbow much in the sense of Color.

The mascot's going to be Kyurem. There isn't a reasonable doubt that makes me believe otherwise. I knew that Rayquaza was going to be featured extensively in the third game, I just didn't know whether the game would be Emerald or Topaz. I saw Giratina coming from a mile away as well. Kyurem definitely belongs alongside Reshiram and Zekrom, and even moreso than Rayquaza and Giratina did with their respective trios as Kyurem was the original Reshiram and Zekrom.

You are horribly mistaken. Gold and Silver are Metals as well as colors and Crystal is a generic Gem Stone so no those do not match. Diamond and Pearl are precious stones. Platinum is a metal. The original three Red, Blue, Green are colors that people use to see basic colors. International got Yellow as the third making the Theme Primary colors. Gen one didn't have a basic set due to two sets of three sets. Third Generation is the only one with a real solid theme, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are Precious Stones.

Black and White are not colors either. In terms of light, they are both the absence and abundance of colors but are Negative and Positive light sources. In terms of color they are Shades and Tints. Color wise Black is a mixture of all colors while white is the absence of all colors. Neither are colors themselves. If you are looking for a theme there theoretically cannot exist as Black and White are two absolutes. Commonly Grey, the only color midpoint, is an obvious.

Canon story also contradicts the Kyurem is original Dragon as the Dragon was evenly split Body and Power into Zekrom and Reshiram.

I cant believe some of the ppl that say there isnt proof that kyurems not related to reshiram and zekrom.
    If the fact that they are following the fire, lightning, ice theme isnt obvious enough... Look at the sprites, of course kyurem is going to look a little different: its frozen.
    Underneath the ice is a gray dragon.

If that isnt enough look no further than the english names.
    Reshi
    Zek
    Kyu

Ram
    Rom
    Rem

Coincidence?

I know the Fire/Ice/Electric thing has come up as an "Reoccuring" Type for trios. Sadly this is false that trio has only ever been done once. So no there is no support with just the Fire/Ice/Lightning speculation.

As for how names play, coincidence purely, if every last trio had the same name play then it would be something to hold weight, but not every last trio has the rhyming names.

Years
    Personally I would like the mascot to be genesect, that said, I cant see why if I am putting what I want aside in order to realize the most obvious answer... Why some others cant also.

I cant see how the names are percieved as coincidence... You mean to tell me that these 3 names were picked and no one noticed at gf that ram and rom was similiar to rem?
    I dont understand why someone would think it coincidence.

On another note, none of the mascots have followed in type bro. So why couldnt it be fire lightning ice?
    In english we have:
    Gen one: fire, water, electric
    Gen two: fire, pyschic, water
    Gen three: ground, water, dragon or flying
    Gen four: water, steel, ghost

That being said

Can you give me any type match up that will hold weight?

Unless of course the 3rd game was keldeo, then we could say every gen has a water mascot

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Whoa. A little harsh there don't you think? Do you have any facts to back yourself up that Pokemon keeps a theme within the generations? Gen I and Gen III had a theme. Gen II and Gen IV split off. That's half and half, so there's really as good a chance of it matching the theme as a chance of it not matching at all. The idea of Gray is also pretty silly imo - they have never once done a generation where the third game was a blending of the first two. The Gen I third game wasn't purple (or yellow/brown for Red and Green), the Gen II game wasn't...whatever Gold and Silver combined is, the Gen III game wasn't Amethyst (or any purple stone, a mix of a ruby and a sapphire), the Gen IV game wasn't some strange combination of diamond and pearl. The people who are insistent that it's Gray are going to be disappointed tbh, because Game Freak almost never adheres to what the fans think the names should be or what the fans expect.

That being said, I also feel like the game is going to be a color. Not because it has to be, but because I feel like Turquoise (Team Plasma), Brown (Landorus), or Crimson (Volcarona) would all be great names for a game.

And yes I know Volcarona is a pipe dream. I'll keep saying that up until the third game is announced though.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    It'll probably be gray. It probably would have been silver if that wasn't
    already a game. And the mascot will probably be Kyurem. No other pokemon
    really makes sense as the main legendary. But they'd have to change its
    location and stuff and probably change the whole story.

There probably won't be a third game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I don't think the name ending is a coincidence, the similar endings as well as their typing is a call back to the bird trio in Kanto, coincidently in gen 1 Articuno was the weakest one...like Kyurem...
    Also each third version and remake recons the duo/ trio (in terms of remakes) so they will proably due that for Kyurem's backstory. And even if Kyurem did had nothing to do with the other two, I can still see it as mascot.
    Gen III also wasn't the only one with a solid theme. Gen I was based on the two color wheels, the RGB one and the RBY one...
    Also Kyurem and Reshiram in a way can represent Yin and Yang (not saying that Kyurem is Yang, but that it's element can represent it), as fire and Ice are often depicted as opposites similar to Groudon with Rayquaza (Earth vs. Heaven which along with sea vs. land is another yin yang mortif)...
    Also Kyurem is a dragon, and this is the year of the dragon, so if they are going to release a main game why not go with a dragon mascot to fit the year (remember gf did a dragon event in Japan)...unless of course they release an Emerald remake...

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Kyurem doesn't belong to either side; Black or White; Zekrom or Reshiram. Kyurem happens to be grey for a reason: Because it is neither of them, but somewhere in the middle.

They're all part of the same group of legendary dragons.

Anything other than Kyurem is honestly just fanfic fantasy. No other Pokemon even comes close to possibly representing the 3rd game. Keldeo is probably the most laughable speculation, as it is clearly just another Mew, or Celebi, etc. I can understand if people are speculating something other than Kyurem if Kyurem didn't already exist, but he does. What I mean is, it would make more sense if Reshiram or Zekrom didn't have a 3rd ''member'', like Lugia and Ho-oh, but they do.

The real speculation isn't on which Pokemon will be the mascot, it's just about what the name will be.

Years
    Yeah victini is the mew for 5th... But keldeo isnt as far fetched as some other ideas. I know for one if it is meloetta I will not purchase it. But if it is feebas like I suspect then now we are talking

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Possibly another hint into Gray: Team Plasma's outfits are colored in black, white and gray, N's clothes also have all those three colors.
    It was mentioned before but it's important what N says at Chargestone:
    "Many different values mix together, and the world becomes gray... That is unforgivable! I will separate Pokémon and people, and black and white will be clearly distinct!
    This quote would make much more sense if third game will be called Gray.

Years
    That does make sense...when I was playing the game and read that I became even more certain that the third game would be called Grey. He did use the spelling Grey right? Or was that only American versions? If that was the spelling for all english versions then that would proably be the spelling.

Years
    When you speak to N in chargestone the spelling is "gray". Thats the reason I keep spelling it like that. You know that if kyurem is the mascot there is a possibility that steven could make a cameo. I recall him having an interest in the meteor and having a home at mossdeep ( I think thats the name ) and giving you a beldum. So it would make since that he would have an interest in kyurem. He will be grays eusine.

Years
    Another possible connection to Gray is that it sounds a lot like the word Glacier (it has an a too so they proably would stick with Grey rather than Gray), think of it this way Graycier, and Kyurem happens to be Ice...Pokemon is so punny...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    We may start getting info on this any day now in Coro Coro. Its pretty obvious that Keldeo will be revealed in this month's Coro Coro, and I assume that Kyurem's new forme may also be revealed with it just like they did Giratina in 08.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I actually can't wait for the new Coro Coro :D Finally being able to know what is real and what's not, who's the mascot and which name will it have.

As already said both white and black are not really colors, they are the absence of light and the absence of darkness, black is when the material reflects no light and white is when the material absorbs all the light (i'm a painter xD). So a middle ground for that doesn't really exists per say, it would be a prism that can reflect a rainbow set on the light (white) it reflects or nothing at all with the darkness (black) it's subjected to.

But saying the next game will be called Prism is probably too much :S i still vouch it will be called Gray or Grey just because that is how GF works, it's been proven over and over hehehe.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Am I the only one expecting another Spin off to appear in Coro Coro right now? XD

If they talk about the movie Keldeo appearing is a great hope for me cause we'd get one of the three locked Legends~

Years
    If you google image search " pokemon 15th anniversary poster+kyurem movie pokemon gray"
    Among the images is a japanese poster for the new movie and in the middle of all the pokes on the poster is a keldeo silohette. Not sure if its fan made but it doesnt look it

blue

gucci
    Years
    Meloetta would fit the Crimson title IMO, she's one of the three that "Haven't been revealed" yet. She also has another forme

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back