• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black & White, Pokemon or not?

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
  • I have seen many changes, and they are disturbing me as it is hardly like the old games, what happened to a 2-d black and white Kanto? Now we have 2.75-D full color, rotating camera, 600 pokemon, and triple battles.

Now what do you say? I know that GAMEFREAK Inc. will do anything to keep customers, but seriously, some things are bad.

Lets take a look at the new features:
    20100801112229152x296.png
    This is a Serebii.net screenshot, first off, the new pokemon, many say look like digimon or 10-minute sprites. This is also how we felt about Gen IV so it shouldnt concern much.

Isshu's art is interesting, it has no resemblence to the others and it is far away, which furthers that these are hardly Pokemon games

Oh god, the new battle system. TRIPLE BATTLES-surf/EQ/Muddy water/explosion-half of your team gone. for gods sake leave triple battles to fossil fighters. ROTATION BATTLES-Im in competitive battling, and I know that this will be hell on earth.

To make that better-VGC, the japanese will have months experience, while we will have ONE month eperience. No brainer on the finals

The version differences i like, however we have never seen that great of a difference before have we?

The C-Gear is seeming good, but it looks like crap. I mean, why Hexagonal shapes? it seems confusing to me, but i like the idea.

The pokeshifter, in POKEMON why combine whac-a-mole with archery? It was better when you CAUGHT your pokemon not SHOT them

PS. the sprites, they are EXTREMELY pixelated in my opinion, however i like the fact that they move, hopefully its in a manner similar to battle Rev where they also move when hit.

the rest of it you can figure out yourself

~Red

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I love the idea of these changes as much as I loved all the others. I've played all versions of Pokémon, and am happy with these improvements. :) As I look for a more interesting and complex experience, Game Freak keeps providing it.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I have seen many changes, and they are disturbing me as it is hardly like the old games, what happened to a 2-d black and white Kanto? Now we have 2.75-D full color, rotating camera, 600 pokemon, and triple battles.

Now what do you say? I know that GAMEFREAK Inc. will do anything to keep customers, but seriously, some things are bad.

Lets take a look at the new features:
    20100801112229152x296.png
    This is a Serebii.net screenshot, first off, the new pokemon, many say look like digimon or 10-minute sprites. This is also how we felt about Gen IV so it shouldnt concern much.

Isshu's art is interesting, it has no resemblence to the others and it is far away, which furthers that these are hardly Pokemon games

Oh god, the new battle system. TRIPLE BATTLES-surf/EQ/Muddy water/explosion-half of your team gone. for gods sake leave triple battles to fossil fighters. ROTATION BATTLES-Im in competitive battling, and I know that this will be hell on earth.

To make that better-VGC, the japanese will have months experience, while we will have ONE month eperience. No brainer on the finals

The version differences i like, however we have never seen that great of a difference before have we?

The C-Gear is seeming good, but it looks like crap. I mean, why Hexagonal shapes? it seems confusing to me, but i like the idea.

The pokeshifter, in POKEMON why combine whac-a-mole with archery? It was better when you CAUGHT your pokemon not SHOT them

PS. the sprites, they are EXTREMELY pixelated in my opinion, however i like the fact that they move, hopefully its in a manner similar to battle Rev where they also move when hit.

the rest of it you can figure out yourself

~Red
    Well I love all the new features.
    they are great in my opinion and I can't wait to play and find out what all I can do with them. and you don't actually shoot them you throw Pokeballs at them with a Bow. Its just like catching a normal Pokemon but a little more difficult because they can move and you can miss. I love the idea of Triple Battles also,they seem like they will be fun because I loved and still love Double Battles and Isshu is supposed to look different or the fans would get bored and quit playing the games. sometimes change is good and this time it is,it is good to have something different after awhile.
    so I think its a good idea that there putting in new features.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Its called a sequel. Adding features to make it different from its predecessors is sort of the point.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Still looks like a Pokemon game to me. Admittedly I was a bit annoyed at the whole triple battles thing, but I'm good with it now. And yeah, Pokemon designs are crazy this time around but I'll get used to them.

The pixelated Pokemon though is due to how the battle screen works. All Pokemon are created at their standard resolution and if you were to rip them from the game, they'd look like they do on current games; normal size. But since the camera moves around in battle, they end up becoming a tad pixelated. Now personally, I think they should have altered either the sprites, the sprite positions or the battle screen to ensure that your Pokemon looked fine when the camera is in it's default position, but only pixelated when the camera shifted position for attacks or whatever. But they haven't, so we'll just have to get used to pixelated Pokemon. Yes it looks untidy, especially with 6 Pokemon on the screen at once, but having watched the videos, I've sort of ignored it since everything looks fast and fantastic.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    ...in relation to the manga and anime.

Thats not realistic by any dictionary definition, though, it is reminiscent of the manga and anime ...

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    and again, how is either one of those REALISTIC?
    do you see kids walking around with with a pokemon and challenging other people in REAL life?
    no, i didn't think so.

Get off his case. He mixed his words up. The manga has been called the true spirit of Pokemon. Meaning that Black and White have gone a step further in making it the best Pokemon can be.

Years
  • and again, how is either one of those REALISTIC?
    do you see kids walking around with with a pokemon and challenging other people in REAL life?
    no, i didn't think so.

Okay, you win. It would be realistic if the anime and manga were real life.

P.D: Sorry for my bad english, I'm spanish.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i'm not on his case, but if it seemed that way sorry.
    i'm just saying pokemon becoming realistic to me would be like the new rumored weather changeing, or like you would have to feed your Pokemon actual food.
    those kinds of stuff.
    not the games becoming more like the manga.

EDIT: didn't know you weren't great at english Nino. sorry

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • OHPWEASE NOT THE OMFG NEW GEN POKEYMANz LOOK LIKE DIGIMANz AGAIN.

Can I ask you 2 questions? If you can, you win.

1) What SHOULD Pokemon looks like?
    2) What SHOULD Digimon looks like?

Was there ever a rule? Answer this, thanks.

Complain king, don't like the new game? Simple, I've said this a time to many, don't buy. No one cares if you're whining about it.

Back