• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black & White Pre-Order?

Have you pre-ordered Black and/or White?

• Yes, I have!

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • No, but I plan to.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I haven't, and don't plan to.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I would, but don't have the money right now.

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Other (?)

Votes: 8 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • Have YOU pre-ordered Pokemon B/W yet?

I just pre-ordered the english copy today. I know Nintendo has sold over 1 million copies so far. how many of you have pre-ordered it?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • theyre preordering english already? didnt know that :)
    and i wont pre order at all because ill preorder it later after the whole b/w rush is over..

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years

• The Pokemon games currently sold by YesAsia and PlayAsia are region-free, so even though it's in Japanese the games will work with a DS, DS Lite or DSi regardless of whether you get a DS in America or Japan.

The region-free thing is misleading. The Japanese versions will work on DS and DS Lites from other regions yes, but since it has DSi exclusive features, it's region locked on the DSi. So you'd have to have a Japanese DSi to play it on the DSi.

For that reason, (and because of lack of funds) I have not preordered the Japanese B/W, since my DS Lite is out of commission and it's region locked on the DSi. I will preorder the English versions though, once it can be done in stores. (It can be preordered online in English now)

MushroomZOMBIE

♪ ~Just A Social Distortion
    Years
  • My boyfriend called me on Friday saying that he has a surprise. I was ecstatic when the surprise was that he pre-ordered Black for me. He pre-ordered White for himself at the same time too. So yes, "I" have pre-ordered already.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • I just pre-ordered White! I hope I can figure out what's going on, although my knowledge of Japanese is nil. However, by the time my copy arrives, I'm sure that there will be some guides to help me out. I planned on not using any, but that was when I wasn't sure if I was going to get the Japanese version. Since I've played so many Pokemon games, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. And once I get Pokemon Black in English, I will already have a good idea on what to do, but it will feel like a different experience.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Okay heres the thing, I actually have money to pre order it, but the thing is I dont have all the japanese events ready for Black and White (celebi, the shiny beasts etc.) And to me it would be a little boring without the events, so I will probably wait just like everyone else in the USA. Unless my patientce gets ahead of me and I buy it anyways lol.

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • My boyfriend called me on Friday saying that he has a surprise. I was ecstatic when the surprise was that he pre-ordered Black for me. He pre-ordered White for himself at the same time too. So yes, "I" have pre-ordered already.

Wow! What an awesome bf. I'd be pretty excited to have someone else to play b/w with.

Anyways, I pre-ordered Pokemon Black version! I'm ecstatic, but I know the game wont get here until the end of the month, or so. Damn shipping!

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • preordered both last week. XD Black for me and White for my little bro, who is just starting to get the hang of japanese.
    The school term ends this Friday so it will be awesome to just play a new game without worrying about so much work.

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • My order from play-asia.com says that it's preparing the order. :) Could that mean that they have the games? I expect that it will be shipped out sometime my time tonight (early morning in Hong Kong).

Is it true that Amazon Japan has already begun shipping out orders? What about Yes Asia.com?

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • My order from play-asia.com says that it's preparing the order. :) Could that mean that they have the games? I expect that it will be shipped out sometime my time tonight (early morning in Hong Kong).

Is it true that Amazon Japan has already begun shipping out orders? What about Yes Asia.com?

Yeah, I heard Amazon JP already has, and PlayAsia sent me an email saying the same thing, although I cancelled my pre-order with them, and pre-ordered instead as YesAsia. They haven't contacted me yet about my pre-order, but the payment has been processed and everything, so I'm assuming that they will do so soon, plus I paid for express shipping (only ten bucks! whereas @ PlayAsia that would have been $15-20) so my order ought to be in by Friday of next week, I hope. :3

Rain

Years
  • I pre-ordered both black and white from playasia. :) I've been stalking the site waiting for the status to be changed. xD

I may pre-order one or both of the games in English once the English release date gets closer.

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • I have a question.. When I pre-ordered, I'm pretty sure I payed for it right away, however, it says that playasia will charge me the money on the day it is shipped. Do you think they will charge me twice?

"Your credit card ending with CATS and expiry date CATS will be charged US$ 70.69 on shipping date."

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
  • I have a question.. When I pre-ordered, I'm pretty sure I payed for it right away, however, it says that playasia will charge me the money on the day it is shipped. Do you think they will charge me twice?

"Your credit card ending with CATS and expiry date CATS will be charged US$ 70.69 on shipping date."

That just means that they won't charge it until it is shipped. You haven't been charged a cent if it hasn't shipped yet.

On topic: Yes, I pre-ordered White. The other day in fact. I was originally going to order off yes-asia, but they decided to take it off pre-order on Monday. I then went to Play-Asia, and one hour and two credit cards later, I got it. It says my order is processing, so it should ship soon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I won't be pre-ordering the games because I'd rather get the English Version. The reason for this is because I know if I were to pre-order Black and White, I would have a difficult time getting through the games due to it being Japanese. As mentioned, it's region locked on the DSi. Even though I have a DS Lite, I know after the English release, I won't have much use for the Japanese versions and they'll sit there collecting dust. So that stated, I wouldn't want to have to waste money on a version I'd play until a couple months later to spend money again on the two I'll actually play all the time. n_n

Back