• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black & White - RGBYFRLG Connection?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I've searched but couldn't find an appropriate thread to ask this. But when looking around at scans of the Isshu maps I noticed some other games mentioned at the bottom of the page. Sounds normal but then I noticed it only had Red-Yellow and then FireRed and LeafGreen.

Anyone have any ideas or clues as to why the newer ones such as HeartGold or SoulSilver are not mentioned? And what this might mean for Black and White?

heath.shikokusensei DOT com /rpgland/ scans/ june18rpgscans02 DOT jpg

And I do realize that this could be nothing but I am curious...

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • It says
    "Pocket Monsters
    Red, Green, Pikachu,
    FireRed, LeafGreen something something Remake something something"

I'd like to know what it means too, however there are kanjis I can't read, which is why i put 'something something' in there.
    Does anyone know what those 'something something's say?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Just answered my own thought. Didn't notice the other games on the other pages.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I'm guessing it means that it's got Pal Park, but only for FRLG. Maybe there's a gen 3 remake in the works? Who Knows. The reason HG/SS aren't mentioned is probably because they're transfer system is totally different, where you can only transfer one pokemon at a time. It's called the pokemon transfer system, I think. This is all on serebii somewhere.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • Wow it's inrtiguing...there are the covers only of R/B/Y and green and FR/LG and there aren't the G/S/C and R/S/E ones...so I don't think that is a communication (the newer ds don't have it, and GB catridges don't fit in the ds' GBA slot). So it's a reference maybe...can someone translate it please? Thank you in advance.
    (The image is in the spoiler)
    Spoiler:

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • DLC means Down-loadable Content, so any system that can download things are able to have this

I'm thinking this might mean that the games below may be available over DSi/3DSware meaning we can download them straight to the DS then they could be compatable with our B/W cartridges?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • so the DSi can download content? Maybe they will release Zoroark for everyone this way?

Yes, the DSi is like a handheld-Wii, so it has DSiWare, which is equivalent to the home console's WiiWare. I would think that Zoroark would be connected to the American DVD release of Phantom Champion Zoroark.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Okay, I got lost in the conversation, can anyone tell me WHAT we're discussing?

It started with me making an observation that R/G/B/Y/FR/LG pictures were posted at the link about on a page regarding Black and White. I thought it was weird not having the others but then noticed on the other pages that it mentions G/S/C/R/S/E/D/P/PL so we are discussing what the text says and means. If it just shows the timeline of Pokemon games or something regarding Isshu as well.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • This makes no sense.

We won't be able to get any gen 5 pokemon without a Gen 5 game. Plain and simple.

I said that R/B/Y/FR/LG may be available over DSware. Then Red said that he hoped that these games would be distributed over WiFi so that older DS owners can get them too. I said that Older DS owners can just buy these game (meaning Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen), because of the GBA slot in older DS consoles. I think you interpreted that I meant B/W? B/W will be able to be played on any DS.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I said that R/B/Y/FR/LG may be available over DSware. Then Red said that he hoped that these games would be distributed over WiFi so that older DS owners can get them too. I said that Older DS owners can just buy these game (meaning Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen), because of the GBA slot in older DS consoles. I think you interpreted that I meant B/W? B/W will be able to be played on any DS.

FireRed and LeafGreen yeah, but can you play Red, Blue and Yellow on DS? I can't and I have a DS Lite. Am I missing something?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • FireRed and LeafGreen yeah, but can you play Red, Blue and Yellow on DS? I can't and I have a DS Lite. Am I missing something?

True. What you're missing is Nintendo wants to make money, and offering these things over DSiWare will get them more, forcing you to buy a DSi.

Muahahahahahaahahahah.

Back