• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blah-The Official Normal Type Club

Years
    lets see....
    Snorlax. In second i'd say Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot.
    one he will have is probably.
    B/W SPOILER!
    Spoiler:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years

If you were asked to design a new Normal Type Pokemon by the Pokemon Creator himself.....or creators, would you have said yes or no?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Two birds in one...forum

I actually agree in that I might as well say yes, like Mzmingle and Murasaki_Paz28 said, and I'd try to create a simple, yet kind of sinister looking one. I can draw very, but quite good....but I can't promise it would be excellent.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I think I'd agree as well. Character design is one of the most fun things to do. I'd definitely try to go for the old Pokemon look instead of some of the newer generation looks. Something simple yet obviously not from Earth.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    PIDOVE

one he will have is probably.
    B/W SPOILER!
    Spoiler:

I agree with you there. Ash seems to get one bird pokemon from every region, mostly the beginniners, like Pidgeot, Starly, Taillow, Hoothoot, and I think he had more before....IDK. But Pidove does really go better as the Pokemon evolves...I like the last evolution.:P

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I agree with you there. Ash seems to get one bird pokemon from every region, mostly the beginniners, like Pidgeot, Starly, Taillow, Hoothoot, and I think he had more before....IDK. But Pidove does really go better as the Pokemon evolves...I like the last evolution.:P

I agree with this as well. It's a decent theory. And I love how Pidove evolves. The last evolution is pretty flashy, though I have to say that the middle evolution is my favorite. Simple yet somewhat elegant.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    New Rule Changed

Rules about the leveling up by posting have been changed.
    For now on, one post equals one level. The old rule of one post equals half a level means I need to remember and keep track too much, so I made it easier. This way, Pokemon get leveled up higher and those who aren't so active atleast evolve their Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    If you were asked to design a new Normal Type Pokemon by the Pokemon Creator himself.....or creators, would you have said yes or no?

I would do it but I don't think my mind could think of anything else. I mean they have thought of just about everything.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Going to expand on my answer.

Looking through the normal list, I noticed that there seems to be a lack of Normal dog-like Pokemon. I could only find one group that seemed to be directly based off a dog, yet still be normal. So if I were to design a new Normal Type Pokemon, I would probably make it doglike.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years

My first club to become a hit!
    Well, new topic:
    WHICH GENERATION DO YOU LIKE BEST WHEN IT COMES TO NORMAL TYPES?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Favorite Generations

If you don't feel like reading the paragraph, skip to last sentence....beep.

Well, 1st had some simple designs, and showed good but not enough to convince me. 2nd really did surprise me, especially the bears, which I adored. 3rd was alright, some really did not oustand that much like the previous ones. 4th was not as good, not really showing as much normal types we really thought were good. 5th, well, I can't really judge yet, but I can say they kind of did an okay job on them.

In the end, I like 1st and 2nd generation best.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    While I normally prefer the earlier generations of Pokemon, the first generation seemed almost /too/ simple to me. I think the second and third have a good balance between normal and just plain bizarre. Fourth and fifth are just kind of weird to me, and are starting to stray too much from how Normals are "expected" to look. So in my opinion, the second and third generations are the best.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    I like 4th Gen normal types the best because I like the Buneary evolution line and the Bidoof evolution line. And it brought an evolution for Aipom.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I like 4th Gen normal types the best because I like the Buneary evolution line and the Bidoof evolution line. And it brought an evolution for Aipom.

I must admit, I like the buneary line. Especially Lopunny. The 4rth generation wasn't bad, it just....didn't introduce many normal types as I thought it would.

Years
    I generally prefer the earlier generations of the pokemons and I've liked most of the normal ones but due to my faves (Aipom/Ambipom, Zangoose) I'll have to say 2nd and 3rd(+4th for Ambipom :D)

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    New, The Topic

Well, I guess I'm juiced out.....so;
    Do want or not want a Normal Type Gym?
    -I must say that if they do make one, it better have good Normal Type Pokemon. If they don't....which I think they didn't...or did they....anyway, they should at least have many Normal Type Trainers.

Back