• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blah-The Official Normal Type Club

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think it's because of them lacking elemental attacks. They need to rely on some special, unique power to define them. People tend to overlook them when building teams, perhaps.

I personally find that the most interesting thing about normal types :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Though that has me wondering... why are Normal-types called "normal" if it is not normal to have no element in the Pokemon worlds? By the standards of their universe, wouldn't it be more correct for them to be "Abnormal"-type? Just a thought.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Though that has me wondering... why are Normal-types called "normal" if it is not normal to have no element in the Pokemon worlds? By the standards of their universe, wouldn't it be more correct for them to be "Abnormal"-type? Just a thought.

xD That's a clever observation. True.

I think normal means "no specific elemental type", and thus normal (special xD). They had to call it something, didn't they? What else would they call it? Plain type, White type, Abnormal type, Special type...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    xD That's a clever observation. True.

I think normal means "no specific elemental type", and thus normal (special xD). They had to call it something, didn't they? What else would they call it? Plain type, White type, Abnormal type, Special type...

Maybe the normal means that they have no control or bonding with any element at all?

I can't imagine normal types being called anything different so I don't know what alternate name it could have :/

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    can i join :) ?

Impo

I just love normal pokemon, especially Porygon :)

I am very active, at least once a day :)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Member!

can i join :) ?

Impo

I just love normal pokemon, especially Porygon :)

I am very active, at least once a day :)

Sure, you're in @Impo. I believe Normal sounds fine, since if it wasn't for that, Normal would only be considered a button in a laundry drier and such. Abnormal does sound very strange, and plain just kind of ruins those pokemon. If they were to have a better name, I have nothing. Normal, I got used to that.

Years
    I think they are underestimated because they aren't super effective on anything but quite a few types resist/aren't affected by normal types. Maybe also because most of the time when you see a normal type it is usually things like Ratatta, Bidoof, Sentret etc. Not the stronger ones like Snorlax, Togekiss, Porygon Z etc.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    You have a point!

I think they are underestimated because they aren't super effective on anything but quite a few types resist/aren't affected by normal types. Maybe also because most of the time when you see a normal type it is usually things like Ratatta, Bidoof, Sentret etc. Not the stronger ones like Snorlax, Togekiss, Porygon Z etc.

You actually have a point there. Most of the normal types I defeated or seen on the gyms aren't the powerful ones, but those like Bidoof and Ratatta. I never fought a Togekiss, Snorlax nor Porygon Z yet....yet....I might one day.

azuriakc

Braviary Trainer
    Years
    But some of the normal types are powerful, right? I mean if there isn't any, then why did they make normal types?

Years
    But some of the normal types are powerful, right? I mean if there isn't any, then why did they make normal types?
    A Pokemon may be powerful regardless of its type. Types have nothing to do with stats or such. They were made Normal types for a reason; the reason being they didn't fit into any other type category. :P

azuriakc

Braviary Trainer
    Years

A Pokemon may be powerful regardless of its type. Types have nothing to do with stats or such. They were made Normal types for a reason; the reason being they didn't fit into any other type category. :P

wowww, i ddn't know that. but thanks for telling me

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Why do YOU think people underestimate Normal Types?

Because they're called normal.
    Personally, I think the normal type is one of the best,
    one weakness
    one immunity
    plus they can learn a variety of moves not of their type, so they can handle many types :)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    New Topico

New Topic, shall we?
    Which Normal Type Pokemon would you like to see evolve?
    -In my opinion, maybe they could give poor old farfetch'd an evolution of a bigger duck-like pokemon...not that it'll look pretty though.

azuriakc

Braviary Trainer
    Years

Let's see.... hmmmm... Ahh! An evolution of a male buneary would be interesting! I don't see any male evolutions of buneary.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I also think there could be a possible evolution for Miltank...they could make a bigger cow that has a male and female version. :paranoid:

Years
    I always thought that Kangaskhan would have a pre-evolution because of that young Kangaskhan like Pokemon in its pouch. :P
    And for those who I want to have an evolution... I don't know. =(

Last edited:
    Back