• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Body Art

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    You probably get a good idea of the topic by the title. What do you think about tattoos and piercings? Do you have any? If you do want one (and you're probably too young or whatever reason) any certain ones you want? Do you find them attractive? You get the idea.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My ears are pierced, but since I haven't put on earrings for so long. When I had put on earrings at my aunt's wedding the hole in my left ear was slightly closed so we had to reopen it. Neither of my ears were very happy with having something in them in general though, aha. I ended up taking the earrings out, because my ears were calling for it and people weren't going to see my ears anyways so there wasn't any point.

As for other piercings and tattoos: I have no intention on getting any and I doubt I ever will tbqh.

Years
  • Ugh.. I find piercings absolutely horrendous and would never, ever get them. "Regular" ear piercings for earrings are a-okay (I still need to get mine pierced!) but anything else is not, especially nose piercings; they bring down a person's attractiveness level to zero in my eyes haha. I dislike tattoos as well but definitely not as much as the former and have no intention of ever getting any of them.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have my ears pierced and I've wanted a second hole in my ears before but I literally never wear earrings so there was really no point in getting it. I like certain piercing on girls, I've never found piercings on guys attractive though.

As far as tattoos? Some can look nice, if they're tasteful and done well. I don't think I'd ever get one though.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I wanna get some sick rockstar-like tattoo when I'm 18 or something. I would have something on my fingers but that'd be copying Jacoby Shaddix.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think tattoos are pretty cool as long as they aren't dumb tattoos and I think the same about piercings as long as it isn't gauges or lip piercings. As long as gauges aren't noticeably big, I don't really think much about it, but lip piercings are kind of distracting and take away beauty from the face rather than emphasize and enhance it. I don't judge people for having them or not, though. Different strokes for different folks. I would like to get a tattoo once in my life, yes, and I've considering getting one of my ears pierced before, but I don't give either much thought.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Uhhh, the thought of it gives me willies. I don't think I could handle the pain of piercings, and I know if I got a tattoo, I would always swing between "This tattoo is awesome" and "I hate this tattoo." xD Plus, you know, the pain of doing it. >__>

Ayselipera

I only have two holes pierced on each ear, but I'd like to get more on my ears although not sure where. Ideally I'd like to get a clitoris piercing eventually lol. I don't have any tattoos and I've never had an urge to get one, but if I ever decide I really want one I would get a little teapot on my wrist. I just think it's really cute and I love tea so it all goes!

Years
  • I think that both can be really nice if done effectively. A nice pair of earrings on a girl for example can look amazing, whereas a diamond stud on a guy can look tacky and outdated. A nice meaningful flower across someone's foot in memory of somebody is nice, having a tramp stamp or your entire body covered in naked women and flaming skulls isn't. But I'm not one to judge, it's their body and if they enjoy the design enough to have it printed onto them for life then let them.
    I personally would never get a piercing simply because of the fear that I'd probably get it caught on something and tear myself open. Tattoo's however I do plan on getting one eventually, it'd probably be somewhere that I could easily conceal it if I wanted to but nowhere too personal. I'd also want it to mean something to me and be something I could add to as I experience new things.

[Snivy Baroque]

Shinigami Snivy
    Years
  • I think that any modification to the body is fine as long as it's not taken too far, I myself have a tattoo and will be getting my ears pierced, my best friend has snake bites, ear piercings, a toung piercing, and more, which is totally acceptable and is totally his choice.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Loooove piercings. I have a few of my own: two earrings on each lobe, a cartilage piercing on my left ear, an industrial piercing on my right ear, and a nostril piercing. I still wanna get more! Definitely a third hole on each earlobe and another cartilage ring under the one I currently have. The tragus and conch piercings (#5 and #7 on this picture, respectively) have kind of tickled my fancy as well. I nearly got a conch piercing, actually, but ended up getting an industrial instead (#2 on the picture).

As for tattoos, I don't have any, but I'm totally open to getting some. Not a lot of them, and not particularly big ones, but I'm open to the idea of having a tattoo. Not right away of course; it's a big decision and I have to know exactly what I want, where I want it, what it means to me, and all that since it's on you forever.

So basically I love body mods hahaha. Some are just far too extreme for me though; like, I wouldn't get gauges or sleeves or anything like that.

Last edited:

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • I have neither piercings nor tattoos, but they're fine by me. I'm not one to get piercings, though I have an interest in tattoos and am thinking on getting one when I get older. It'd be small; not a whole set covering a limb. And they can be attractive if done in good taste. I personally don't like big tattoos, though I'm not one to judge. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't have any of either. I'm fine with piercings and tattoos in moderation, but when people start getting things other than their ears and nose pierced (or have 10-15 ear piercings) or have their entire arms, back, etc. covered in ink, it's kinda a turn-off for me.

Years
  • I'm all for tattoos and piercings on other people. People can do what they want.

Personally, I just have my ears pierced, and it'll likely stay that way. Currently I work foodservice and to be honest it'll probably be that way for quite some time, and in my line of work, other piercings aren't acceptable. As for tattoos, they're too permanent for my tastes.

Years
  • I like tattoos as long as they don't cover the whole body. Thats gross and unattractive. I mean, one or two are fine. I want one in the future, on my back. Not sure what design, but I think one is enough.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Piercings don't really bother me, but tattoos do. A lot. I think that unless you're Angelina Jolie, they just look tacky beyond words, no matter what or where they are. Unfortunately it seems like every second person has one these days, which restricts my romantic options if I'm really going to be a stickler for it (which I won't because it's douchey to discount someone because of tattoos... except in extreme cases lol)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Piercings and tattoos can be pretty attractive imo, as long as they are well overthought. I'd love to get a tattoo myself but I'm way too indecisive and I'm almost certain that I'd regret it later on. I don't really like piercings on myself, but on guys they're pretty hot haha (not lip piercings I think they are p ghey). And nothing too big either.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • I really love piercings and tattoos, but I'm kinda hesitant on getting any. I've had an idea for a tattoo for a long time, something with a crescent moon on my back like under my neck. Lately I've been thinking about piercings, and I love eyebrow piercings but I have no idea if it'd suit me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have no qualms with them, unless they're distasteful of course. I know a few people who have a lot of piercings and it suits them really well; whereas other friends have only one or two and it's still too much because it just doesn't match them.

I would never consider a piercing; I have considered tattoos in the past, but I always think in a few years time I would regret it and want to get rid of it. Nothing that's so permanent is really within my scope of serious consideration.

As others have said, natural beauty is of course preferable; but so few of us are graced with it, so there's no real reason to adamantly avoid alterations.

Back