• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Body Piercings

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    A simple observation I've conducted at school lately. A lot of girls seem to have put body piercings on their chin or nose. It has really made me wonder a lot about what sort of risks these people are willing to take just to look like a piece of scrap metal is sticking out of their faces.

I mean really. What the hell is the deal with body piercings? There is no point to them and they look ugly as hell. They don't make anyone look shiny or crap. They are a waste of money and resources. And by what I hear probably a waste of energy. There are two girls in my technical writing class. One with a piercing on her chin and another over the side area where the nose meets the face. They simply don't look pretty at all. They look miserable having a piercing over their faces. So it's simply not understood by me and probably many other people why others would do such a thing.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Personally I never really liked it, and I always felt it's just.. I dunno.. an obstacle in the face.
    I just don't like it at all. And the fact that you put an obstacle in the middle of your face is annoying as hell. Doesn't look natural and is a major turn off for me.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    i want to get my nipples pierced and get the word "tool" tattooed on my forehead

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    It's fashion. If they did I also will do.
    Piercings and tattoos are hot now. But I'll laugh when this gets out of fashion and everyone regrets of tattoos they did. At least piercings only leave a scar.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    eh 'sall up to personal preference. i actually see the appeal of certain piercings/tattoos on certain people, and some people overdo it which might not always be attractive but it's not something that bothers me to see. i probably won't get any facial piercings myself even though i've been told i could pull it off. i've seen some really gorgeous, elaborate tattoos, but i'll just enjoy observing those tattoos on other people, i don't see myself paying a ridiculous amount of money for a kEwL design permanently inked into my body :S

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I actualy think piercings are attractive, but I guess it depends on the person and their style for me really. I don't see what the big fuss is though, if they want a piercing then it's their own choice. I however, won't be getting any piercings. Even though I want one, I'm too afraid of going through the process of getting one. ;w;

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    It's a personal preference when it comes to piercings; I'm not a fan but I don't think that others should stop for those who don't like it. It's their body, their choice. Really though, some do take it to the extreme in my opinion but somebody out there will like it. I'm afraid of having a piercing myself, it seems painful, but those who do are quite courageous to me; that's because of my fears themselves.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I don't know why would anyone want to have pieces of metal in their bodies.
    I don't like them. They're ugly and they also totally ruin a person's beauty. End of story.

Akita

Returned
    Years
    Contrary to the majority, I like piercings. My lip is pierced in two places ("snake bites" is what we call it here) and I also have a tongue stud. The tongue stud was not worth the pain, as it hurt unbelievably badly, but I think the snake bites were worth it and look good on me.

Tattoos, I hate. Ink looks trashy.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    The only thing I'd ever consider piercing is my ears. Besides that...no. Not going to happen.

In regards to other people, I wouldn't go as far as calling it ugly, but I don't really find it attractive either. I know a guy with piercings in his chin and nose, and he's an okay person. Judging a book by its cover is something I never do, and I intend to stand by this sentiment. ^^

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I don't find piercings attractive at all apart from in the ear lobe (which I can see being very attractive). I don't see why you would want to pay a person to stab you and stick a lump of metal in the hole.
    I overheard a girl at my school (she was 14/15 at the time) say wanted to get her tongue pierced because it makes it more pleasurable for the guy when she is giving head.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    i want to get my nipples pierced and get the word "tool" tattooed on my forehead

:laugh:

Yeah, I don't think any facial piercings are attractive, unless you count earrings as facial piercings. But people are going to do what they want with their bodies, so it doesn't matter.

I always thought those "under-the-skin" metal things were kind of cool. But if I got anything like that, I would get some LED lights put under my skin, with an external battery pack..... :o

Imagine having a tattoo of a demon or something, and it actually had glowing red yes because of under the skin LEDs..... It would probably get mad infected real quick, though..... :o

And if they could make glow-in-the-dark ink for tattoos that actually lasted for years and was non-toxic, I would totally get something small and simple, like a smiley face, just because it would be awesomeness. :D

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    But I'll laugh when this gets out of fashion and everyone regrets of tattoos they did. At least piercings only leave a scar.
    Tattoos have been in fashion about... I want to say about five to ten thousand years, so yeah.

Now, about my opinion...

I think it's completely and totally idiotic. Getting your ears pierced is one thing (Though I doubt anyone here actually has a problem with that), but getting other body parts pierced (Heh heh. Scrubs jokes ahoy...) is... yeah.

I don't see the appeal, and, personally, it looks mildly bizarre. But, then again, there are a lot of things in society that I don't see the appeal of.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    For me, body piercings is a fashion statement. I'm okay if they're on the ears and nose, but if I do see them on the lip or anywhere else, I feel that's extreme (I do know someone who has a piercing on his lip, though, but I never made a big deal about it).

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Wow. I'm really surprised by all the hate on body art here.
    I personally think a lot of body mods are really attractive, and I'm planning on some piercings (helix and septum stud) and a tattoo when I have some extra money.
    It's really personal preference and it's a prevalent sub culture in a lot of places. However piercings that are almost assured to reject (mainly surface bars) are pretty stupid. Lots of people get them and don't realize that they're going to reject and leave your body with horrible scars. But facial piercings are beyond sexy imo.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    I can't say I'm totally against body piercings because I -love- corset piercings and my girlfriend is considering getting one. The only problem with it is you have to have the exact body type for it or it'll all go south. I, personally, think she has the perfect body for it, but I say that with both love and lust biases.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I can see point in piercing things such as your ears, nose, lip, eyebrow, tongue, and bellybutton, but that is it. Everything else seems to make little sense. Having a bar across your hip, or through your cheek is just plain gross. The only reasons I think is to ward off people of the fae, with an "allergy" to iron.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Too many piercings are just that: too many. But I personally find a girl with 0 gauges and / or snake bites and / ore a nose ring to be extra cute. But all of those at the same time can be terrible. :\ Maybe two places pierced at the most. But not all three.

Back