• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Body Piercings

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Reading through these spurts of posts. I really don't know how people are actually able to handle having piercings still. Doesn't it hurt like hell when you puncture steel where you're not supposed to?

I also remember about an old article about tongue piercings being linked to heart disease because of the amount of germs that infest the mouth. Because the piercings allow entrance to a major part of the circulatory system, it's much more easier for anything dirty that came with the food to enter and cause direct damage.
    Can you answer this:
    "I really don't know how people are actually able to handle smoking"
    That's it. Basically it. It's their body; you can watch someone with piercing get a disease. Same with smoking. And even though it's offtopic, I wouldn't donate considering they knew / didn't knew but still took the risk of something dangerous happening and now they cry when the consequences occur.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years

I think I've heard that too! Not sure where though and not sure how true it is but yes, the mouth is one of the dirtiest places on a human, I wouldn't be surprised if this is true

I wouldn't say that. Just because the mouth is exposed to the most germs and whatnot does not make it the dirtiest. While the original point is true, germs do not usually last long in the mouth if I'm not mistaken.

Piercings are another way to adorn the human body.. it's the same as clothes, jewlery, or even a haircut.

I wouldn't say that either. I honestly don't see how you can go calling them the same without admitting that that is a generalization. I think it's a large one at that. The thing about piercings or tattoos are that they are not easily "undone" for lack of a better word. You can remove the piercing, sure, but you've still got a hole. Both are also significantly less encouraged by our culture.

I don't see what the pressure for others to like this sort of thing is all about. It's ont like it's a big deal if someone finds it unattractive.

Last edited:
    Back