• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

• ERASED
    Satoru Fujinuma is a 29 year old manga artist struggling to make a name for himself following his debut. But, that was not the only thing in his life that Satoru was feeling frustrated about… He has a unique supernatural ability of being forced to prevent deaths and catastrophes by being sent back in time before the incident occurred, repeating time until the accident is prevented. One day, he gets involved in an accident that has him framed as a murderer. Desperate to save the victim, he sends himself back in time only to find himself as a grade-schooler one month before fellow classmate Kayo Hinazuki went missing. Satoru now embarks on a new quest: to save Kayo and solve the mystery behind her disappearance.

Type: TV
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jan 8, 2016 to ?
    Premiered: Winter 2016
    Broadcast: Fridays at 00:55 (JST)
    Producers: None found, add some
    Licensors: FUNimation Entertainment, Aniplex of America
    Studios: A-1 Pictures
    Source: Manga
    Genres: Psychological, Seinen, Supernatural
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: None

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Cast:
    Aoi Yūki as Kayo Hinazuki
    Shinnosuke Mitsushima as Satoru Fujinuma (29-years-old)
    Tao Tsuchiya as Satoru Fujinuma (10-years-old)

Akari Kitō as Hiromi
    Ayaka Nanase as Osamu
    Chinatsu Akasaki as Airi Katagiri
    Minami Takayama as Sachiko Fujinuma
    Mitsuru Miyamoto as Manabu Yatsushiro
    Takahiro Mizushima as Jun Shiratori
    Yō Taichi as Kenya
    Yukitoshi Kikuchi as Kazu

Staff:
    Director: Tomohiko Ito
    Series Composition: Taku Kishimoto
    Script: Taku Kishimoto
    Music: Yuki Kajiura
    Original creator: Kei Sanbe
    Character Design: Keigo Sasaki
    Art Director: Masaru Sato
    Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
    Director of Photography: Toshiaki Aoshima

CG監督: Shinji Nasu
    Color design: Azusa Sasaki
    Prop Design: Masafumi Yokota
    Theme Song Performance:
    Asian Kung-Fu Generation (OP)
    Sayuri (ED)
    美術設定: Hiroyuki Hasegawa

TRAILERS
    Spoiler:

16414-thumb.jpg

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • This looks like it'll be the show of the season if handled correctly. It has all the makings - really pretty visuals, amazing and atmospheric soundtrack (at least from the PV) courtesy Yuki Kajiura, a very intriguing premise and potential for some serious storytelling.

Really excited for this one! Can't wait!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Just watched a bunch of trailers, and this was one of the few that stuck out for me to try and watch. Glad I wasn't the only one looking forward to this.

derozio

Years
  • First episode has been out for a while AND WHY HAS NOBODY COMMENTED OMFG

That was a pretty nice first episode. The visuals were nicely handled and the story looks like it holds a lot of promise. The premise was very, very interesting. <3;

I have to give major props to the Voice Actor for the MC, though. That guy did some good work what with this being his first VA role. Really managed to get into that character and give it an authentic feel.

Then comes the music. It was so well done. Very atmospheric and on-point. Complimented each scene so well that I could feel myself getting completely absorbed into the scenes. <3; Yuki Kajiura definitely hasn't lost her touch.

Spoiler:

Good stuff, seriously. :D I've seen Prince of Stride, HaruChika, KyoAni's Boobfest and this so far and this EASILY takes the cake by a long shot. Definitely a potential AOTS.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • First episode has been out for a while AND WHY HAS NOBODY COMMENTED OMFG

That was a pretty nice first episode. The visuals were nicely handled and the story looks like it holds a lot of promise. The premise was very, very interesting. <3;

I have to give major props to the Voice Actor for the MC, though. That guy did some good work what with this being his first VA role. Really managed to get into that character and give it an authentic feel.

Then comes the music. It was so well done. Very atmospheric and on-point. Complimented each scene so well that I could feel myself getting completely absorbed into the scenes. <3; Yuki Kajiura definitely hasn't lost her touch.

Spoiler:

Good stuff, seriously. :D I've seen Prince of Stride, HaruChika, KyoAni's Boobfest and this so far and this EASILY takes the cake by a long shot. Definitely a potential AOTS.

I literally just watched it like a few hours ago hnnnng

I loved it and I'll definitely be following it for this season. The premise is quite creative and well thought out, and I love the direction they're taking it in with

Spoiler:

No other comments, except that I love Satoru x Airi already <3

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • I... am not sure what to think of this. The plot is certainly interesting I'll give you that, but the main character will better get some character development.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I think I love this anime already. I cannot find anything I don't like. It's like it's perfect. The visuals, the characters, the premise.

Definitely a very strong contender for AOTS and maybe even AOTY.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The Town Where Only I am Missing ?? That's kind of a badass title, but "Erased" is much easier to say and type, so I doubt I'll ever use the full one. :D ;;

Anyhoo, very nice first episode, and I use the word "nice" in a very artistic sense of the word, because it wasn't "nice" at all as far as the mood goes. Pretty depressing in most aspects, but also really down to earth. You think it's a slice of life until it takes a turn down the psychological thriller road, and turns into a suspense series. With most of the series I've watched so far this season, it's usually the characters that build the world, and the world is along for the ride. With this one, the world and "time resets" are what build the characters, which on their own are pretty normal. It's refreshing, and I watched this on a whim, but I'm definitely in it for the long haul.

Vocal recaps for this ep were basically:

Spoiler:

Nice.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
  • This was my starting anime for the winter lineup, and I most certainly was not disappointed. Strong beginning, I hope the flow continues.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Pleasantly surprised and hope the show continues to impress me like this throughout the season. Oh man oh man. I just want to watch all of it, now!

I had recently just watched Steins;Gate for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm not into sci-fi, but this theme of... "time traveling" (even though it isn't necessarily intentional) is growing on me.

Years
  • Opening episode was excellent, very neat premise to the show and they introduced it well. Hope the anime stays this consistently great through the rest of the episodes.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I got my bf hooked on this one for the long haul too, I'm so curious as to where it'll go.

Didn't mention this in my first post, but I kinda got a Detective Conan feel when he's suddenly a kid again and there are murder mysteries going on. Not that that's a bad thing.

derozio

Years
  • Episode 2
    The second episode lacked the TWEESTS that the first episode had but it was certainly not a slouch in terms of content.

I LOVE how we still keep adult Satoru's voice even in the past. Lovely touch there. Makes the internal monologues all the more authentic.

Yuki Kajiura continues to shine in the second episode with the background score. Just...wow.

The OP visuals were great. But what stole the show for me was the ED - holy crap that was an amazing ED track. Both visually and aurally - fantastic stuff. Abstract art being used there but it looked downright gorgeous.

This here is speculation but I'm gonna spoiler it anyway -
    Spoiler:

Episode two maintains the great direction that episode 1 had. We get to know a good deal of story about Kayo via her dialogues and the poem she wrote (that's where the title came from!). I feel bad for her after learning about her issues. Poor Kayo. ;_____;

Edit: LOL @ that scene where Satoru questions himself for
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Spoiler:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Spoiler:

Love the visuals of the OP and ED.
    tumblr_o0zv8biSrD1r9i2iuo2_r4_540.gif