• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went to Target today and stumbled upon some tough decisions. I went there to buy the Diancie box. But instead found these items.

Spoiler:

Here's what I got. The Cresselia is the same one from my last post.

Spoiler:

The 3 packs were crazy, in the first one I got Vivillon Holo finally. Also an Entei Rev from 2000.
The second one contained a Blastoise Full Art, my second one though the first was a BCBM. It also had an Electrode Holo
The 3rd one had an Yveltal Ex, a G Scope Ace Spec and a Machamp Holo
The 4th had a Random Receiver Secret Rare.

Target is selling these 3 packs for $9.99 so they are cheaper then buying 3 singles. They also restocked the Kalos figure boxes and they had the Mega Kangaskhan and Gengar pin sets but I put those back.

Finally they had 6 Primal Clash packs in a box, I bought 4. They had a Groudon Pack but I chose Gardevoir so I could try to get a perfect pack art. The only noteworthy card was a Professor Birch's Observations. Unfortunately the card is damaged,
Spoiler:
It has the exact same thing the Giratina Full Art had with the white spots but this time they are in a line on top.

Spoiler:

The 3 packs all had 2 packs from Plasma Freeze, Plasma Blast or Plasma Storm and 1 pack from XY. The holo card was random ranging from Radiant Collection, to Red Genesect to an Entei Reverse promo from Pokemon 2000.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Opened a Plasma Blast Booster Box & an Elite Trainer Box. Pulled a Virizion Full Art, Dialga EX, Jirachi EX & Genesect EX.

Years
Got a Collector's Album packet thing for Phantom Forces. The booster inside contained the following rares and trainers: Mightyena, Shauna.

A bit disappointing, but it did also have the Golbat and Wobbuffet from that set, which look like they'd be fun in casual play.

Years
Got a Phantom Forces Elite Trainer Box. Rares and Trainers listed below:

Pack 1: reverse holo Spiritomb, Feraligatr, Shauna, Trick Coin
Pack 2: Pachirisu, Tierno, Trick Coin
Pack 3: Bronzong, Xerosic, Lysandre's Trump Card
Pack 4: Mightyena
Pack 5: Honchkrow, Target Whistle
Pack 6: Leavanny, Hand Scope, Manectric Spirit Link
Pack 7: reverse holo Target Whistle, Gourgeist, AZ
Pack 8: reverse holo Yanmega, Blissey, VS Seeker

Not terrible, not great.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Went to Target after job at card shop today with coworker friends and bought a few Primal Clash prereleases and a few FlashFires, and one Mega Kangaskhan box.

Spoiler:

And goT THESE BEAUTIES

Spoiler:

Wailord EX from Primal Clash FULL ART (<3) AND Seismitoad EX. I just wish both were full art. ;u;

But still uber satisfied with those two.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went to Target today and bought 2 of those 3 packs, both contained 1 XY and 2 Plasma Freeze. Up to this point I've pulled 1 Secret rare from Plasma Storm in these boxes, 1 Full Art from XY, 2 regular ex from XY and an ace spec from Plasma Blast. But no ultra rares from Plasma Freeze. Well that's over.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So not only is this my first secret rare from Plasma Freeze pulled, but it's my 3rd one pulled in the last week, 2nd one pulled from these green three packs, my 9th in the last 6 months and my 12th overall.

This was the second time I got an ultra rare, an ace spec and a holo in the same three pack. I also recently bought some of those Dollar Tree 3 packs, does anyone know the pull ratios in those. Like is there 1 ex per box? I put one of my full arts in the pack and found that if there was a full art the pack would be unbendable, while an ex and non holo feel the same through the pack. So without bending the cards inside obviously it would be very easy to tell if a pack contained a full art, but not an ex. In my packs I got 2 reverse Hydreigon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Man my targets haven't put out any primal stuff yet. I'll shop around but I'd love to get my hands on them

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Got in the mail yesterday a bunch of sweet cards, all from Plasma Blast! Dialga, Palkia, Jirachi, Genesect & Iris Full Arts. Plus a Virizion EX and all Secret Rares plus 2 Ace Specs I didn't pull myself. Today I ordered a Next Destinies booster box which should be here on Friday or Saturday. Very excited!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went to Walmart today and bought some Boundaries Crossed and Furious Fists packs. I also finally got a Charizard Ex box, I originally didn't buy it because I had already bought the last 4 ultra rares from XY I needed and wasn't collecting Flashfire. But decided to get it, there's only 5 cards I'm missing from both sets, Raichu Holo, Orange Vivillon Holo, Slurpuff Holo, Gold Charizard X and Gold Kangaskhan. At best I was hoping for a new holo. But I did get something.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Ordered a Dragons Exalted booster box tonight and a Mewtwo EX Full Art last night. It has been an expensive two days.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I opened a Diancie Box, I got a Fossil Researcher FA and a Head Ringer also a Noivern Holo.

I also opened three tins, the first tin had a Genesect Full Art, Sigilyph Holo Meloetta Full Art and Tornadus Holo, also a Pokemon Catcher Reverese in the same pack as the Genesect.

Genesect Full Art was the last ex I needed from the set, for me Plasma Blast is done. . Here's my entire Plasma Blast picture, 5 of the cards are from 2 booster boxes.
Spoiler:

tumblr_ni6zghcUwr1r12rm4o5_r1_1280.jpg

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Opened my Next Destinies Booster Box.. think I did quite well with the three EX's and a full art. No secrets but I wasn't expecting any as I've yet to pull an English Secret Rare. Already ordered a Mewtwo Full art but the rest will need to wait till payday.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
I haven't collected pokemon cards in years and I just went out and bought a pack that someone used in the TCG world championships 2014 it contained

Spoiler:

I don't know if this is any good (some one let me know) as I can't really remember how to play it

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I bought the Diancie box a few weeks ago and didn't get anything good EXCEPT for a full art Manectric in uhhhh I think Phantom Forces.

I bought two Legendary Treasures and a Phantom Forces yesterday and got a full art Radiant Collection Mew, White Kyurem ex, holo Moltres, holo Cobalion, and the gold full art Zekrom. Pretty freakin' satisfied with those even though LT is a reprint set, aside from the Radiant cards in it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a Keldeo Tin and got a Reshiram Ex, I also opened a single Boundaries Crossed pack, it was the last one in the store and it had a full art Bianca. That brings my full art Bianca count to 3. This one is much better then my second one which was warped, and had printing errors.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Found a target that put out some primal stuff early

Best I got was a Swampert (full/half? art holo) and a Gorebyss full/half holo as well

Now that I have satisfied my quest of trying to find them, I will wait till the boosters come out.

It seems like the pull rates on the collector album boxes are terrible from what I saw.

Years
I haven't collected pokemon cards in years and I just went out and bought a pack that someone used in the TCG world championships 2014 it contained

Spoiler:

I don't know if this is any good (some one let me know) as I can't really remember how to play it

It's good, other than the fact that none of the cards from those World Championship deck packs are allowed at tournaments because they have a different back from normal cards and because they also tend to be marked on the front with a stamp of the signature of the player who used that deck list at Worlds.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened two more Charizard Ex boxes, box #2 didn't have anything but box #3 had a Mega Charizard Y Ex and a Blastoise Ex, also a holo.

I recently pulled a Raichu Holo, so now the only cards I'm missing from XY is Orange Vivillon and Slurpuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back