• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Bottomless bags are tough to dig through

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    As I've said before, I do keep useful things at the top, but I'm always switching out hold items, so they get stuck at the bottom anyways. That's the part that bugs me.

In the old games, I never had a problem with running out of room as I always put anything I found and didn't need right away in the PC. The bag being bottomless is nice, though, and I wouldn't change that, but it'd be nice to have the PC too since I don't need all my items all the time.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
  • that does stink that there isn't an item storage. not that i used it much in the old games.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • @_@ I don't like how it's much slower going down the bag and faster coming back up the bag. Using the Pokeball is what I usually do, but if I go too fast, I get stuck switching between two items. DX

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • I don't really see the whole point of a bottomless bag, its not like there is a lot of items worth using, especially when you are rich. Full heals, full restores, revives, and vitamins are all that I really care about when I get enough money. And a lot of items become useless after awhile, like honey.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I'm fine with it.

You know, it's better than walking around, seeing a Poke ball on the ground, try to pick it up. and find out that you have no more space in your bag. It is simply NO for me. Besides, I'll forget there was a ball there later.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2010
    I've been very tempted to manually sort the thing all nice and tidy-like...

I wants an auto-sort button. :< That would make me a very happy person.

Years
  • Auto sort would be pure pwnage. meh, my items compartment is overflowed with hard stones, heartscales, damp rocks, and smooth rocks, as well as every healing tem in the game. I generally keep a major stock of everything. :) I hate it when i cant find stuff, it is really hard to dig throgh. Especially when i need a stone. \o\

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    im pretty even on this i do hate having to go all the way down to get a certian item but i like the fact that i never run out of room. i hated that message in the older games: "Too Bad Your bag is full"

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Maybe they should have a separate pocket for hold items (besides berries), since they added so many in DPP. I think that's the biggest reason why the bag is so crowded.

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    i do like how u no longer hav a limit on wut u can carry
    but the the long scrolling IS annoying
    however, i think its worth it in the long run

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
  • Seperate compartments in the bag would be a good idea, so you can arrange stuff how you want.
    Similar to how the PC Box system works.
    That would be handy!

Dark Rhyperior

Rhyperior used Earthquake
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    I don't really mind the endless scrolling, but it would help if they used PC boxes.

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Yeah, I agree. I do like the never-ending bag, but scrolling through the amassment of items gets annoying. I wish they'd put Item boxes in the PC's again. :(

If you think about it, how would all of those berries/items/crap fit into those small bags anyway? Especially when you buy a bunch of 99x Ultraballs for easier catching! :D​

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    The real problem is the item distribution. There are well over a hundred items stored in the misc pocket, but only a handful in the mail and battle items pockets. If they just moved the battle hold items to the battle items pocket, it'd make a big difference.

And there's no auto-sort for them, so it takes a while to put them all in order.

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
  • I don't mind the bottomless bag, except for the fact that it's hard to navigate through it.
    Sometimes I use the Touch Screen to scroll down faster but it only speeds up by a bit.
    That auto-sort option does sound like a great feature for the next Gen (or remake).
    I actually forgot about the PC storage and remembered it until I read a few posts on this thread.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's a bit tedious to scroll through them all, and find what you're looking for, have to say. However, I just arrange stuff myself - I tend to put items I know I will be using often at the top, and then arrange the rest alphabetically. Then I scroll while having an item held via 'select', and it's quite bearable.

Back