• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I can still post though right? >.< "A decline in activity" would be correct but it won't a complete halt in activity either xD And tahnks, I'll try my hardest! C:

No

would be the answer if I'm trolling. {XD} You can post as long as you want to. :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I still have the last Gym Badge to do as well as the Elite Four and what I remember being a lengthy story with Team Plasma.

Also I have an Extended challenge in regards to the Psychic Challenge on White 2
    Spoiler:

Also I caught two shiny Pokemon in Hoards on X. One of them was a Female Mime Jr.:) I am unsure whether to evolve it or not.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I still have the last Gym Badge to do as well as the Elite Four and what I remember being a lengthy story with Team Plasma.

Also I have an Extended challenge in regards to the Psychic Challenge on White 2
    Spoiler:

Also I caught two shiny Pokemon in Hoards on X. One of them was a Female Mime Jr.:) I am unsure whether to evolve it or not.
    Eh!? I thought it's a standard to defeat the Elite Four and Champion with a Monotype team during the challenge? o_O

Fortunately, the Lake Trio and Cresselia aren't roaming Pokémon! {XD}

Congrats with the Shiny Mime Jr. I wouldn't evolve if I were you.

Ah I'll give you a Shiny Mime Jr. For our Psychic Club Campaign to commemorate. As well as a Shiny Ralts as Ketsu's new partner! :D

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Eh!? I thought it's a standard to defeat the Elite Four and Champion with a Monotype team during the challenge? o_O

Fortunately, the Lake Trio and Cresselia aren't roaming Pokémon! {XD}

Congrats with the Shiny Mime Jr. I wouldn't evolve if I were you.

Ah I'll give you a Shiny Mime Jr. For our Psychic Club Campaign to commemorate. As well as a Shiny Ralts as Ketsu's new partner! :D

It is but it's always nice to have it in the list. :)

Yes. I already have the Lunar Wing.

Mime Jr has always reminded me of an ice cream with eyes. :) I likely won't evolve her. (Shiny Mr Mime is the same as normal but in green instead of pink.) Yay a Shiny Mime for the campaign. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It is but it's always nice to have it in the list. :)

Yes. I already have the Lunar Wing.

Mime Jr has always reminded me of an ice cream with eyes. :) I likely won't evolve her. (Shiny Mr Mime is the same as normal but in green instead of pink.) Yay a Shiny Mime for the campaign. :)

That reminds me, when I received the Psychic Medal for the Medal Campaign in B2W2 (or in this case Volte White 2), it felt like a real honor, an acomplishment and a recognization.

The green's the main reason to not evolve her into Mr. Mime.

Years
    It seems Cersei is becoming more my powerhouse than Gardevoir. The Simple ability makes Calm Mind worth twice, and with her Speed combined, she's just plain unstoppable! Well, except for the Zebstrika part where she almost got fainted....

Anyways, got myself a Bolt Badge and the TM! Here's the pic of the intense last-hit! And Elesa's last word(sounds wrong?) as well.
    Spoiler:

Not sure if the first pic is included, doesn't matter anyways! It was so intense I wanted to save and share the memory!

Years
    It seems Cersei is becoming more my powerhouse than Gardevoir. The Simple ability makes Calm Mind worth twice, and with her Speed combined, she's just plain unstoppable! Well, except for the Zebstrika part where she almost got fainted....

Anyways, got myself a Bolt Badge and the TM for Volt Switch! Here's the pic of the intense last-hit! And Elesa's money as well.
    Spoiler:

Not sure if the first pic is included, doesn't matter anyways! It was so intense I wanted to save and share the memory!

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Anyways, got myself a Bolt Badge and the TM for Volt Switch! Here's the pic of the intense last-hit! And Elesa's money as well.
    Spoiler:

While it doesn't counted, sharing memories are hugely encouraged! ;)
    Spoiler: Marshal's team
    Throh
    Lucario attached with Life Orb that uses High Jump Kick.
    Mienshao that uses Fake Out.
    Sawk with the Sturdy Ability and uses Close Combat.
    Medicham attached with Focus Sash that knows High Jump Kick.
    Conkeldurr that knows Payback.

Spoiler: The Epilogue, Fighting with Brain Power
    I entered a room and noticed an enormous cage or gate like metal object in front of my eyes. As I took my first step, the lock glowed bright white and opened a stair case for me. Fearing from falling down from a great height, I slowly ascended to the crescent shaped platform, which I found oddly different from the other three chambers.

As I walked a bit on the platform, I heard a rattling sound. Bang! An another portion of the platform fell from above along a tall and fit tan-skinned handsome young man whose hair is black and golden hair. Floodlights beamed across the platform as he bowed at me and I followed up doing the same gesture. The muscular man's assertive voice echoed throughout the stadium, "Greetings, challenger. My name is Marshal. You look familiar... Ah, yes. I met you at Twist Mountain. The strength you are radiating is far greater now than before! I am the No. 1 pupil of my mentor, Alder. In order to master the art of fighting, I've kept training. You're also walking a similar path with your Pokémon. It is my intention to test you--to take you to the limits of your strength. Kiai!"

Throh was sent out and it demonstated his muscles in front of Ketsu, which the purple Pokémon found funny. Ketsu jumped behind the red Fighting-type Pokémon and poked him with its purple tail. As the Throh turned his back, Ketsu slammed the Throh with a Psyshock! Ketsu giggled after the Throh was knocked out.

Amina was sent out in place of Ketsu the Espeon. Lucario entered the battle stadium from the above like its owner's grand entrance. Amina noticed Lucario was standing behind her and she twisted her head by 180 degrees, which caught the Lucario by a surprise. Amina quickly struck the canine Pokémon with a scorching Fire Punch. Lucario used the very last of his strength and jumped up high. Then he kicked Amina's abdomen with his knee, after that one of them fainted! Guess who? The answer was Marshal's Lucario! He was holding a Life Orb; the orb boosted Lucario's last strength by sacrificing Lucario's energy .

Amina was tired from the match as well, so I withdrew her with Mewton, the Alakazam! Marshal sent out his Mienshao who moved elegantly with its whip-like long fur on its arms. Mewton was too focused on meditating which made him got whipped by a Fake Out! Mewton decided to punish the Pokémon by directing special orbs it created with Psyshock. Mienshao tried its best to evade it, he was apparently no match for Mewton's Psyshock and anger! A screech was heard across the stadium as the orbs brutally castigated Mienshao until it went silent. The usual composed and calm nature Mewton seemed to dislike it a lot when he was being disturb during meditation. He becomes violent when his tranquility becomes disrupted.

I apologized to Marshal, who was almost shocked and awed.

Catarina was sent out to replace the angered Mewton for the time being. Marshal threw his Pokéball to the stadium and Sawk made appearance. Catarina blushed when she saw Marshal's Sawk. Sawk ran up close to Catarina which made the latter one blushed a lot, but the Sawk punched and kicked rapidly, repeated and violently until the poor Catarina lost her consciousness.

Amina sensed her close female Psychic companion's humiliation, Amina immediately broke out of her Pokéball on her own again and delivered a Drain Punch to the blue karate Pokémon! Amina's aggressive impact sent Sawk flying to one of the floodlight and glass shattering sounds were heard! The floodlight was broken, making Sawk's face invisible at the broken floodlight it landed on.

Marshal commented on, "Oh, that Medicham is so strong. That hotblooded match makes my heart dance! A word in your ear, strong challenger... Sawk is far more powerful than those you can imagine. Do not underestimate him!" Sawk jumped from the broken floodlight to the stadium. Marshal quickly recovered its wounds with the aid of Full Restore. Amina didn't hesitate even for a bit and struck the recent recovered Sawk with an another Drain Punch and along fists that were as fast as bullets! Eventually, the Sawk could no longer take anymore hits. Amina raised her Muscle Band while panting, she declared victory over the Sawk as well as showing her respect to her close friend Catalina, the Gothitelle.

Amina was withdrawn for Mewton. Mewton quickly hurled a Shadow Ball to Marshal's newly send out Medicham. However, the Meditate Pokémon survived the murky glob by a Focus Sash wrapped around its skinny waist. Mewton was slammed with a High Jump Kick, the Psychic Pokémon's low defensive stat wasn't exactly helpful in these situation. Therefore Mewton was unable to battle, as a result he was forced to withdraw from the match. Amina was sent out to go against with her fellow kind Medicham, Amina proved to be a superior one by using Bullet Punch!

Marshal sent out his bulky Conkeldurr and added, "This is my final Pokémon! It all comes down to this!" Amina's skinny arms glowed bright pink and they turned into blades, she slashed them at the Conkeldurr. The Conkeldurr blocked Amina's arms with its concrete pillars that ended up resembling a swords fight. "It's time to Payback, Conkelurr!", the Muscular Pokémon swung its pillar to Amina's face! Amina quickly shook her head to regain full consciousness and slashed her opponent with a final Psycho Cut to mark the grand finale of Elite Four saga.

Marshal withdrew his Conkeldurr. He bowed deeply and spoke, "There is no strongest Pokémon or single best combination... So, there are no guarantees of winning. But the determination to be strong and to continue to grow and improve is itself a great strength. It's the determination that you show that makes me respect you. Now... You have become the strongest Trainer in this Pokémon League. Walk the path you believe in with the Pokémon you believe in. The statue in the central chamber will take you to the Champion's room."​

I will update scores for both teams later.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Everyone's doing awesome on the challenge! :D Go guys!

I have an idea for the next Psychic Club event and that idea is, a Mono-Psychic Competitive Battling Championship thingamajig! The idea of it is that we have a competition on Pokemon Showdown where we battle each other in preset matches (decided randomly) using teams with Psychic Pokemon only and the winner of each round advanced to the next round and so on till one person comes out on top! I was thinking that it could be a monthly/bi(or tri)-monthly event where a Champion is crowned (metaphorically) each time! We'd learn more about Psychic type Pokemon by using them strategically and have fun in the process! Let me know what you guys think of it :D

One last thing, I sorta made a user bar and I'll put it below this. It's my first time and I'm not the most artistic person ever but if you guys have an idea for one (a much better looking one, which shouldn't be hard since mine looks like it was done in half an hour (because it was)), I could try to make it! Anyways, here's the "prototype" user bar ft. Mega-Gardevoir;

Again, go guys! :D

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Everyone's doing awesome on the challenge! :D Go guys!

I have an idea for the next Psychic Club event and that idea is, a Mono-Psychic Competitive Battling Championship thingamajig! The idea of it is that we have a competition on Pokemon Showdown where we battle each other in preset matches (decided randomly) using teams with Psychic Pokemon only and the winner of each round advanced to the next round and so on till one person comes out on top! I was thinking that it could be a monthly/bi(or tri)-monthly event where a Champion is crowned (metaphorically) each time! We'd learn more about Psychic type Pokemon by using them strategically and have fun in the process! Let me know what you guys think of it :D

One last thing, I sorta made a user bar and I'll put it below this. It's my first time and I'm not the most artistic person ever but if you guys have an idea for one (a much better looking one, which shouldn't be hard since mine looks like it was done in half an hour (because it was)), I could try to make it! Anyways, here's the "prototype" user bar ft. Mega-Gardevoir;

Again, go guys! :D

I really appreciate the userbar, and I'm not against of it. :D That Shiny Mega Gardevoir though, it feels a bit sour. XD

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    I have an idea for the next Psychic Club event and that idea is, a Mono-Psychic Competitive Battling Championship thingamajig! The idea of it is that we have a competition on Pokemon Showdown where we battle each other in preset matches (decided randomly) using teams with Psychic Pokemon only and the winner of each round advanced to the next round and so on till one person comes out on top!
    That's good idea but there wouldn't be very big variety in the teams because there's only 11 Psychic Pokémon in the OU tier.

Good user bar, I recommend to remove the pink "_" after the text because it's useless.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Open to suggestions! xD Lemme know what you'd like on it and I'll try to make one xD

I don't dislike her, it's sour because you lost yours. XD

I guess that means the time for us to pick a Psychic-type Mascot has come! 8D

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    That's good idea but there wouldn't be very big variety in the teams because there's only 11 Psychic Pokémon in the OU tier.

Good user bar, I recommend to remove the pink "_" after the text because it's useless.

That's true, but you don't have to be limited to OU. There are a ton of UU and below Psychic types that can put up a great fight! Also, I should have mentioned, I was thinking of making it VGC15 styled since then a lot more strategy is involved (especially since Psychic mono type teams wont use entry hazards and stuff)!

Yeah, I agree on the pink, I'll edit it tomorrow xD

I don't dislike her, it's sour because you lost yours. XD

I guess that means the time for us to pick a Psychic-type Mascot has come! 8D

Oh xD Well, Shiny Gardevoir is nowhere near as good as Shiny mega Gardevoir so it's all good :P xD As far as mascots go, while this is predictable, I nominate Mega-Gardevoir. She's certainly the most influential Psychic type in the current VGC scene (which should outrank M-Alakazam's hold on Smogon OU with it being format used in official tournaments) with a huge range of uses. Plus she looks epic. :P

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Congratulations to Sun for completing the Elite Four and I really like Ketsu's custom club bar.

For the Psychic Type Club Mascot I pick Mega Gardevoir. In Gen 3 Gardevoir was introduced to zero fanfare and many did not see the Embrace Pokemon other than in Wally's Team in Victory Road (Making it a rivals first signature non-starter Pokemon) Those who did use the Evolved form of Kirlia were impressed with what they used.

Gardevoir may well be the biggest breakout Pokemon of Generation 3 and it's popularity led to the addition of Gallade in Gen 4. Whilst criminally underused in Gen 5 Gardevoir got a big role in X and Y. It received a Mega Evolution in Mega Gardevoir (Including it's excellent Shiny form) and has the distinction of being Champion Diantha's signature Pokemon. A big achievement for this once unheralded Psychic Type.

Gardevoir has gone from a nothing Psychic Type to one of the most recognisable Pokemon in the entire game and for that it's Mega Form should be the mascot of Psychic Club.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I suggest Mewtwo as the mascot because it's the best known and most epic psychic pokémon, it has even starred 3 pokémon movies.

Why am I not surprise with this choice? :P{XD} But yeah Mewtwo or the Abra line makes the perfect mascot.

Congratulations to Sun for completing the Elite Four and I really like Ketsu's custom club bar.

For the Psychic Type Club Mascot I pick Mega Gardevoir. In Gen 3 Gardevoir was introduced to zero fanfare and many did not see the Embrace Pokemon other than in Wally's Team in Victory Road (Making it a rivals first signature non-starter Pokemon) Those who did use the Evolved form of Kirlia were impressed with what they used.

Gardevoir may well be the biggest breakout Pokemon of Generation 3 and it's popularity led to the addition of Gallade in Gen 4. Whilst criminally underused in Gen 5 Gardevoir got a big role in X and Y. It received a Mega Evolution in Mega Gardevoir (Including it's excellent Shiny form) and has the distinction of being Champion Diantha's signature Pokemon. A big achievement for this once unheralded Psychic Type.

Gardevoir has gone from a nothing Psychic Type to one of the most recognisable Pokemon in the entire game and for that it's Mega Form should be the mascot of Psychic Club.

Thanks, I have yet to update the scores though. :P.

I loved Ralts since she made her debut, she was actually powerful. :D

Gardevoir is not actually nothing... I mean there were certain types of art for her. That was more like her sole purpose before. *fainted*

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Why am I not surprise with this choice? :P{XD} But yeah Mewtwo or the Abra line makes the perfect mascot.

Thanks, I have yet to update the scores though. :P.

I loved Ralts since she made her debut, she was actually powerful. :D

Gardevoir is not actually nothing... I mean there were certain types of art for her. That was more like her sole purpose before. *fainted*

Not sure about the Abra line being an ideal mascot. For me it's behind Mewtwo and Gardevoir in popularity and Mega Alakazam looks really....weird.

Mewtwo would be a solid choice but I am not a big fan of Legendaries in general and the attention they receive compared to non-legendary Pokemon. I am not a fan of either Mewtwo Mega but as with all Legendaries, they don't really need a Mega Form anyway.

I never used Ralts in Gen 3. It being on an early Route (With the likes of Zigzagoon and Wurmple) didn't help not to mention it being a rare encounter.

[Nods at reference to somewhat questionable Fan-art] Whilst there is little doubt that the Fan-art and stories helped Gardevoir may well be the breakout Pokemon (I.E. Something that became popular despite little fanfare) of the whole series.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Well Ralts isn't now a pure Psychic, even though it was prior to the introduction of Fairy-type and Gen VI. Not that I hate Ralts, if I hate it I wouldn't have at least 6 Gardvoirs and 4 Gallade.

I just don't think a dual type should fit in a role for a pure type club.

The Abra line on the other hand is classic, has been a signature Pokémon of Sabrina, long ago before Gardevoir made her appearance to the franchise, let alone becoming a signature Pokémom formerly by Wally and now Diantha.

But among the suggested Pokémon Mewtwo wins by miles, since it is the strongest Psychic-type Pokémon! :)

How's your Monotype challenge going by the way?

Speaking of Monotype Challenge, our Psychic Club's relatively successful (thanks to everyone, I'm really grateful for that), that's why this section's moderator Wiicked (his soon username) and I are making it PokéClub section wide! If you're interested in representing Psychic-type Club, please let me know!

Here's the planned details:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8926198&postcount=107

Don't forget Ketsu's suggestion as well, please let him know whether you're supportive or not. So that we'll at least know if it's worth organizing! Any feedbacks and questions ar welcome!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back