• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
1. Which color scheme of Mewtwo's do you prefer? (You can also answer its SSB4 alternative costume) Oh and why?
I prefer the regular color scheme because it's so beautiful.

2. Did you know a country released a coin Mewtwo featuring Mewtwo? What do you think?
I didn't knew that so I had to check it. IMO it's cool.

3. What makes Mewtwo a legendary Pokemon? Castform and the Porygon line were manmade Pokemon as well. They are crap anyway. Jkjk
I think it's legendary mainly because it's made by manipulating legendary Mew's DNA. Another reason is its high stats.

4. In which aspect is Mega Mewtwo X better than Mega Mewtwo Y? And in which part worse than Mega Mewtwo Y?
Mega Mewtwo X has better Defense and Attack stats but it has worse Speed, Special defense and Special attack stats.

5. Why did Mega Mewtwo Y retained its original typing, while Mega Mewtwo X received an unoriginal second type?
I think they gave Mega Mewtwo X a second type just to make more difference between them.

6. Are they Mewtwo's final forms? Don't count Shadow Mewtwo, its not part of the core games.
I think they are Mewtwo's final forms, giving more forms to him would be weird and make it feel like a legendary Eevee.

Mega Mewtwo Y wins, its design is better and it's pure Psychic type like the Original Mewtwo.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
1. I prefer Mewtwo's regular Colour Scheme. The Green on the Shiny does not work for me and the Purple of the normal colour scheme is classic.

2. I think I read about this. I think they had Pikachu coins as well. They would be nice collectors items.

3. His high stats, the relative difficulty to catch one in Gen 1 (You are given a Master Ball for a reason) and you meet him End-Game.

4. I am not sure, as have never really used either Mewtwo Mega but Y feels more fitting to Mewtwo. X has a nice design but I have never seen Mewtwo as a Fighting Type.

5.For Type Diversity. Mega Mewtwo X can now take care of dark and steel types.

6. I think so although a Mega Mewtwo Z wouldn't surprise me either.

7. Mega Mewtwo Y for me. It fits the Pokemon Mewtwo better than the cool looking but more unwitting X.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
Which color scheme of Mewtwo's do you prefer? (You can also answer its SSB4 alternative costume) Oh and why?
Mega Mewtwo Y's for sure! X is sort of weird and it just doesn't fit, in my opinion.

Did you know a country released a coin Mewtwo featuring Mewtwo? What do you think?
I mean, I know a guy with a coin with Zoroark on it, I'm not surprised xD

What makes Mewtwo a legendary Pokemon? Castform and the Porygon line were manmade Pokemon as well. They are crap anyway. Jkjk
Mewtwo was made with the DNA of Mew, a legendary Pokemon. Think of it as asexual reproduction. It's still reproduction. The offspring of a legendary is a legendary.

In which aspect is Mega Mewtwo X better than Mega Mewtwo Y? And in which part worse than Mega Mewtwo Y?
Mega Mewtwo Y is sexy so much better for a ton of reasons. The design, the abilities, the design, the closeness to the Mew, the design, etc. Did I mention the design?

Why did Mega Mewtwo Y retained its original typing, while Mega Mewtwo X received an unoriginal second type?
I honestly don't know. I dislike the Psychic-Fighting combo after seeing so many of them anyway.

Are they Mewtwo's final forms? Don't count Shadow Mewtwo, its not part of the core games.
Oh goodness, let's not have another Frieza please!

Mega Mewtwo Y wins! I've listed reasons why it's better than X. I might have forgotten to mention this but it's design is great!

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Quoted for notifications

Quoted for notifications

Quoted for notifications

• Which color scheme of Mewtwo's do you prefer? Oh and why?
    Personally, I prefer the good ol' pink, since pink is the color of a real man! {XD} No, not really! Lol I prefer the color as I'm used to seeing it! But Mewtwo isn't too bad with other colors, specifically those palettes with the black color. Have a look:
    Spoiler:
  • Did you know a country released a coin Mewtwo featuring Mewtwo? What do you think?
    I knew there was a Pikachu one, but what I didn't know is the existent of the Mewtwo coin! Regardless it's a Mewtwo coin or other Pokemon, I'd be happy to have one!
  • What makes Mewtwo a legendary Pokemon?
    I personally don't see Mewtwo as a legendary, Mewtwo's a man made Pokemon; Neither high stat nor 'clone' define that status; If it's anything, it was just a historic moment for the Pokemon scientists.
  • In which aspect is Mega Mewtwo X better than Mega Mewtwo Y? And in which part worse than Mega Mewtwo Y?
    The design and typing of Mega Mewtwo X puts me off, but I guess its Physical oriented stat is what makes it superior over its Y counterpart? Since I prefer Mega Mewtwo Y's design and typing, I have to say those are its best qualities over its X counterpart.
  • Why did Mega Mewtwo Y retained its original typing, while Mega Mewtwo X received an unoriginal second type?
    While I have no idea myself, I have to agree with M2 and Gothet's points -- to Mega Mewtwo X differentiate from its normal form and its other ME form. I believe it could have been part Dark-type to emphasize Mewtwo's savage nature though.
  • Are they Mewtwo's final forms?
    I'm not sure haha, at this rate a Mega Mewtwo Z isn't surprising and creativeanymore.
    Spoiler:

VOTE: Mega Mewtwo Y

Spoiler: Results
kjiGoI9.png

And no one wins. Lmao

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Why you used random.org? There's no need for it because the vote was unanimous. I recommend declaring Mega Mewtwo Y as the winner in the spirit of fair play. Use Random.org only in the case of tie.

We were on [S-HIGHLIGHT]Guess Mode[/S-HIGHLIGHT] -- Like a lucky draw we hafta guess what's the right Pokemon. XD In other words, the victories of Jynx and Mega Mewtwo X were entirely luck based. XD

Always remember the golden rule for Clash, as said from each clash posts:
Please check the grand thread for the current mode.

No need to worry though, there's always a chance for rebuttal! ;)

On the next Clash, we can finally go with Majority Rules (for glossary terms, refer to our club's grand thread), which I've been waiting for so damn long already.

Spoiler: Surprise ahead
Just for this once, I'll reward those who participated the clash with 100 Chips.

Mewtwolover received 100 Chips.
CharmedGardy received 100 Chips.
KetsuekiR received 100 Chips.
Sun received 100 Chips.

This is why I'm a bad businessman. XD Guys, you better thank M2 for this. Remember, there will be no next time though!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
I noticed that rule a while after I had posted that and I had edited that post just because of it. IMO the term "Grand Thread" is confusing because it can also refer to another thread and it's never used. OP (Original Post) is the correct and commonly used term which should be used when refering to the first post of the thread.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I noticed that rule a while after I had posted that and I had edited that post just because of it. IMO the term "Grand Thread" is confusing because it can also refer to another thread and it's never used. OP (Original Post) is the correct and commonly used term which should be used when refering to the first post of the thread.

True, I could have at least add that term. I do admit I'm making glossaries for the clubs I'm leading on. I don't want to use generic terms despite that is the common term.

But I'll be sure to add 'Grand Thread' in my original club posts. In the future, when I'm using a new glossary, I'll make sure to add the explanation.

EDIT: Speaking of explanation, I'll be updating our shop around this week, but there will be no prices yet as I'm focused on the aesthetic stuff. But please keep an eye on the said section! :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I am surprised that Mega Mewtwo Y was universally preferred among Club Members. It may be because it seems more fitting to Mewtwo itself compared to X, which other than its now fairly common Psychic/Fighting typing has an awkward design that does not exactly discourage the 'Mewtwo is Pokemon Frieza' rumours.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Following Ketsu's club, I believe it's better to ask you guys.
[S-HIGHLIGHT]If you want a notification for future posts, such as announcement of club events, rule amendments, Clash, Hunts and various updates, please like this post. If you did not like this post you will NOT be notified from this point. Note that this is limited to our club official matters, casual club convos are not included. [/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Spoiler: Rule Amendments

Additional notice

Members of this club are allowed access to the following clubs without signing up:
The Fighting-type VIP Dojo!
☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

You are also allowed to join their CLASH, Hunt and other activities/events in the future. However you are not allowed to purchase anything from the aforementioned clubs' shop, unless you're a member.

Currency System change

Engaging in a convo! Yeah simple, right? :) - 10 Chips/10 Posts The cancellation is effective immediately.
Every month an active regular member receives 100 Chips, VIP Members gets 200 Chips and 400 Chips for the in-clubs staff. (Please do note that they do not stack up in any ways.)

Feel free to ask for definitions in case you need help.

Spoiler: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH THE CLASH
-We are going with Majority Rules.
-Three winners in a total.
-The three winners are decided by RNG.
-You will be notified which number represents you (in case you picked the winning Pokemon).
-Additional prize for the winners.
-Special Chips giveaway: In case you are not chosen as a winner, you get 50 Chips (Only applicable to those who did not pick the winning Pokemon);
-Special Chips case: Each winners get 200 Chips.
-This is a Cross Clash*; You can reply in either Fighting-type Club or Psychic-type Club (only one vote per person).
-RNG for tiebreaker.

*Cross Clash refers to 2 or more clubs getting involved in a crossover CLASH, hence the name.

Pokémon Clash #3
t5fptKr.gif
hUof2Da.gif
Gallade vs Medicham
  1. Gallade can only learn one Fighting-type move, does it make it less of a Fighting-type? Should it be paired with an other type, instead of Fighting-type? Why?
  2. If it's possible to have a male Gardevoir why is it impossible for a female Gallade to exist?
  3. Why is the Gallade line not part of Human-shape while the Medicham line is?
  4. In which aspect Medicham is better than Gallade? And in which part worse than Gallade?
  5. If Medicham is part of a three stages family, will it be stronger than or at least on par with Gallade? Why?
  6. If Jynx was a stereotype for a race, how come Medicham and its Mega Evolution isn't a stereotype to the eastern culture?
    Please check the Grand Thread for the current mode.
    Which Pokemon should win the CLASH?
    Cast your votes!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
1. Gallade can only learn one Fighting-type move, does it make it less of a Fighting-type? Should it be paired with an other type, instead of Fighting-type? Why?
Nope, I think they made it partly Fighting type in order to make it feel more manly because its gender ratio is 100% male.

2. If it's possible to have a male Gardevoir why is it impossible for a female Gallade to exist?
Maybe because it's so masculine.

3. Why is the Gallade line not part of Human-shape while the Medicham line is?
I think that's because Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir are partly Fairy types.

4. In which aspect Medicham is better than Gallade? And in which part worse than Gallade?
Medicham has better defense stat but otherwise it's worse than Gallade.

5. If Medicham is part of a three stages family, will it be stronger than or at least on par with Gallade? Why?
It would be par with Gallade because they're so similar.

6. If Jynx was a stereotype for a race, how come Medicham and its Mega Evolution isn't a stereotype to the eastern culture?
GameFreak is located in Japan so they know very well how to avoid making them stereotypic.

Gallade wins, it looks better, have better stats and can even be shipped with Gardevoir.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
Gallade can only learn one Fighting-type move, does it make it less of a Fighting-type? Should it be paired with an other type, instead of Fighting-type? Why?
Considering that the one move he learns is Close Combat, yeah, he's one heck of a fighter,

If it's possible to have a male Gardevoir why is it impossible for a female Gallade to exist?
Well, I think having a male Gardevoir was a mistake on Nintendo's behalf and they tried to fix it with a male only Gallade. While it's not officially true, it's an unspoken rule that Gallade is male and Gardevoir is female.

In which aspect Medicham is better than Gallade? And in which part worse than Gallade?
In no way is Medicham better than Gallade. Gallade has a much better design, comes from Sinnoh and is a counterpart to the most amazing Pokemon ever, Gardevoir. :p

If Medicham is part of a three stages family, will it be stronger than or at least on par with Gallade? Why?
It's certainly possible. I believe a lot of Pokemon are restricted by a missing evolution but that's a topic for another day! :P

If Jynx was a stereotype for a race, how come Medicham and its Mega Evolution isn't a stereotype to the eastern culture?
Yoga is just as popular in western culture now as it is in eastern culture, if not more.

My vote goes to Gallade.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
1. No. The one move it can learn is Close Combat. A devastating Fighting Move.

2. Gardevoir's Japanese name can be translated as 'Sir knight' which is a male name. Whilst common opinion is that Gardevoir is a Female species, the bobbed hair is not necessarily feminine and the 'dress' could be seen as a robe. Gallade is a traditional Knight of the Pokemon Universe and Knights are normally male.

3. Agree with Ketsu here. Gallade has Medicham beat in every way.

4. Not sure. Maybe.

5. That Mega Evolution sailed a bit close to the wind in truth. The turban is unflattering.

Gallade wins

Psychic related note...My latest Shiny. It's Female too. :)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Notice

These clubs will be shutting down,
@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club
The Fighting-type VIP Dojo!
☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

... if you are not active!

Now, now hold those angers in! I have 2 things to announce for real.

I'm mainly busy with the event as I've mentioned (to some of you). It's an official event for PokéCommunity, that event will also mark the premiere of Pokémon Hunts! Joining the said Global PC event rewards you with at least 7000 Chips! Stay tuned for Pokemon Community's Get Together event!

Since I'm busy Gothet is going to watch over our Psychic-type Club and Lycan for the Flying-type Club. While there's no official vice-guy for the VIP Dojo, so I'll try my best to help keep the Fighting-type Club. I'll be back around a week, take care guys. :)

Gothet has been authorized to organize a Clash, please support him! :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Clash #4 - Gothitelle vs Reuniclus

Spr_5b_576.png
vs
Spr_5b_579.png

1. Considering its Gothic appearance and ability to learn several Dark Type Moves (Including Dark Pulse in ORAS) do you think Gothitelle should be part or even full Dark Type?

2. Psychic Pokemon are known for having quirky designs and the two Unova Psychic Pokemon are no exception. Which Pokémon's design do you prefer and why?

3. In terms of battling in what ways is Gothitelle better than Reuniclus and in what ways is Reuniclus better than its black version Counterpart.

4. In Generation 5 Hidden Abilities were introduced with Gothitelle getting Shadow Tag and Reuniclus getting Regenerator. What do you think of these two abilities and how they help their respective Pokemon?

5. This was the first time Pokemon games had Psychic version Counterparts. (Gothitelle for Black/Black 2 and Reuniclus for White/White 2). What do you make of this and would you like to see it again in the future?

Who should win the clash?

Last edited:

Killua

1 I prefer it to be part because of the design, but the purple always maake me think about it as a psychic.

2 Reuniclus it just fits better as as a psychic than Ghotittele

3 Gothittele, better moveset

4 Shadow tag it wa great to catch pokemon

5 cool, I love psychic so I would want it again.

Killua

Oh and Reuniclus wins I love the desingn and in fights regenerator is better

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

1. Yes. The Gothitelle line can be seen as Gothic Counterparts to the Gardevoir line as they are both Psychic Pokemon with Feminine characteristics which can be Male or Female. Part of me is surprised the Gothita line was not made Psychic/Dark in Gen 6 with the Gardevoir line being made Psychic/Fairy.

2. Gothitelle's design was what made me choose Black over White when I first started playing Gen 5. I knew that I would need a go-to Psychic-type with Gardevoir being absent from Black and Gothitelle's Dark and almost creepy appearance struck me as a nice contrast to other Psychic Types. I like Reuniclus' design and it is very cute but I prefer Gothitelle's.

3. Gothitelle learns Dark Type Moves helping to give it some coverage and her competitive and Shadow Tag help make Battles more fun. Reuniclus hits hard and can learns moves like Thunder Punch in Gen 6 for type coverage. Reuniclus is unfortunately very slow.

4. Shadow Tag for me here. Preventing an opponent from switching out is very useful as is preventing wild Pokemon like Abra from teleporting away. Regenerator is a solid ability too though.

5. The question is what will the Psychic Types in question but I would like to see it again. The Elite Four Member Caitlin had both Counterparts in her team. Her Ace was Gothitelle in the initial match but she often opened with Reuniclus giving both Pokémon exposure.

The winner for me is...Gothitelle

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Spoiler: My vote
1. Considering its Gothic appearance and ability to learn several Dark Type Moves (Including Dark Pulse in ORAS) do you think Gothitelle should be part or even full Dark Type?
Yes, gothic is dark in the aesthetic side. Aside the astral side from Gothitelle, I really don't see the goth's connection to the Psychic-type. Mysterious? Shush, the Dark-type, the Ghost-type and even the recent Fairy-type addition can pull that off, really. I fail to see the connection between goth and astral either.
2. Psychic Pokemon are known for having quirky designs and the two Unova Psychic Pokemon are no exception. Which Pokémon's design do you prefer and why?
Personally, I prefer the Reuniclus line. It's quirk as you said, it mixes the concept of adorable, smart and possibly sweet. While Gothita has those qualities, she leans toward the adorable side more. (:
3. In terms of battling in what ways is Gothitelle better than Reuniclus and in what ways is Reuniclus better than its black version Counterpart.
Reuniclus is an all out attacker, he's like an Alakazam, minus the obvious Speed difference. While Gothitelle is more leaning towards the defensive side?
4. In Generation 5 Hidden Abilities were introduced with Gothitelle getting Shadow Tag and Reuniclus getting Regenerator. What do you think of these two abilities and how they help their respective Pokemon?
They are definitely helpful for Gothitelle and it makes her a threat! While Reuniclus is as perfect as it can be. Magic Guard with Life Orb is perfect enough!
5. This was the first time Pokemon games had Psychic version Counterparts. (Gothitelle for Black/Black 2 and Reuniclus for White/White 2). What do you make of this and would you like to see it again in the future?
I like this arrangement, I would like to see something in the future. A Bug/Psychic and a Dark/Psychic would be good as a duo, it kinda emphasis the Yin and Yang concept?

I vote for Reuniclus

Spoiler: Results
IOvlhy7.png

Quoted for notifications
Mewtwolover has received:
1000 Chips for voting in the CoTM (November) thread.
200 Chips for participating mono-Psychic back in summer.
200 Chips VIP member.
Quoted for notifications
Gothet has received:
1000 Chips for voting in the CoTM (November) thread.
150 Chips for winning the Clash #4.
400 Chips as a staff of this club.
Quoted for notifications
Ketsu has received:
400 Chips as a staff of this club.
200 Chips for participating mono-Psychic back in summer.
Quoted for notifications
Lycan has received:
400 Chips as a staff of this club. - Mistake, this should be written in Sky High.
200 Chips VIP member.
Quoted for notifications
absol!!! has received:
a Ralts as a free starter.
1000 Chips for joining Brain Over Brawn.

Firstly, welcome to our club Absol!!! , sorry for the late greet as I was busy with a lot of stuff and I've been trying to keep up as well.

For those who participated our first ever event, the Mono Psychic, please let me know if you want a participation Emblem (Failing to response will be automatically considered as not want an Emblem).

EDIT: Members of Brain over Brawns, I'm pleased to announce that we are gathering sign ups for our Pokémon Hunts' grand premiere. Whether you are able to participate the actual event or not, we would like you to support your friends and fellow club allies who participated this event!

We also have promotions for members of this club and its sister clubs, for more details please check out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=359752

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back