• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

brb taking a quick swim in the pool!

Sirfetch’d

It's definitely summer, at least here in America! Today I felt like just diving into an ice cold swimming pool to cool off because it was just that hot. Do you like swimming? If not what are some other ways you enjoy cooling off on a hot summer day?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm scared of swimming. I've taken swimming lessons twice, once as a kid and one when I was around 14. I still can't swim very well. I almost drowned in a pool when in a hotel, and nobody seemed to notice. No deep end for me. What is beach? I live in Florida and I'm 45 minutes away from the beach, with all this stupid traffic. My city's beach isn't even that nice and it's always crowded. I cool off by lifting my shirt and exposing my stomach in front of a fan. It's what my dad taught me. Very ladylike.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I stay inside in the AC and soak it up. I actually did go swimming today though, which is rare for me. The last time I swam was probably two years ago. I go outside to tan all the time, but never swim...my friend came over today though so I thought EHHHH why not? It was fun, but mainly cause we were trying to twerk underwater.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I used to really be into swimming when I was a kid (to the point where my mom would have to drag me out of the pool/lake/ocean), but now I have little interest in swimming. It's just not fun to me anymore.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm a pretty good swimmer, but I haven't gone swimming in forever. The last time I did was when the entire marching band went to the local pool to celebrate a birthday. It was a lot of fun. I'll swim when it's with a group of people at a party, but not really by myself.

Sirfetch’d

I love swimming haha. Went the other day and got really sunburned though which is unusual for me. Peeled really bad and was reminded of the downside to swimming haha but other than that it's a blast and my #1 way of cooling off in the summer!

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I ♥♥♥♥ing hate swimming, due to the fact that I have been close to drowning more than once.

How I cool off, eh? Well, if friends are present, we go buy water bottles (preferably 1L, 'cause 1L = more fun), poke holes through the bottle cap, and we squirt each other. If not, I just chill at home/my grandparents', depends on where I decide to live at, because the rooms are cool enough.

Or, I just splash water all over myself. ;D

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I love swimming! We have a swimming pool in our backyard. I've only used it once this year. It seems like every year I go swimming, there has to be ONE spider on the ladder. ;o; I have a severe case of arachnophobia, so this can be a huge challenge for me. :/ I also can't swim very well either. I don't like how the pool water irritates my eyes, so I wear diving goggles all of the time. I also have to be near a pool noodle as well, or I feel as though I might drown... even though the pool is only about four feet deep. :|

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Swimming is the best. I can swim around in circles for hours and have fun.

Yes. I've swam around in circles just for fun.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I loooove swimming. I'll go to the beach and get a hotel with a pool so I can swim two different ways. My apartment search included whether or not it had a pool.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I actually really don't like swimming, but I don't really know why. It's an irrational dislike. If a bunch of my friends or family are going then I guess I'll swim, but I won't ever just get up one day and decide I really want to go.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I can't really swim at all. My parents, even a swimming teacher have tried with me... but I'm not really getting anywhere. As for cooling off, I either get an ice cream or even get myself a few cans of coca cola or pepsi, at least.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love swimming!! I have a pool and my little brother and I usually swim together all summer. My dog likes to jump in too lolol. We have floatys also, so besides swimming I like to float around on them and tan. I love swimming at the beach or in a lake, really anywhere is fun.

Years
  • Eh. I'd love to be able to swim freely, but I'm self-conscious about my body even though I feel relatively comfortable in it at this point \: Sometimes I think about going to a water park during the summer whenever it's really hot c: That would be nice, but none of my friends would be up for it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I love swimming in theory but I never actually do it. My parents have a pool and I didn't go up there once to use it last Summer. There's also a pool in my apartment complex but I'm not sure of the cleanliness considering children live in this building too.

I do really love it though, I can just never get up the motivation to do it lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2020
    I can't swim, and probably won't ever have any interest in learning. xP
    But I try and keep myself cool with plenty fans, nice ice cold drinks and some occasional ice cream. x3

Years
  • I had swimming lessons when I was little, but now I can't swim.

As for cooling off, I like to have something cold to drink, ice cream, milkshakes, or popsicles. And of course, there's always the air conditioner.

Years
  • I enjoy it, but I rarely do it. Maybe once or twice a year. I'm too lazy to walk to the city pool, and our apartment doesn't have one. Usually I just stay inside with AC and a fan.

I did got swimming yesterday though! It was less swimming and more just chilling and chatting with a friend. It was still relaxing.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I've gone swimming once, but didn't really like it. I'm sort of scared of chlorine (well it's more slight uneasiness), so I never go in pools. I've taken lessons, but other than that and the few occasions, I barely swim.

I cool off by..well, sitting in front of the air conditioner. There's a water park literally just 10 minutes away from where I live, but I can't be bothered to go. :l

Back