• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breaking News: Chinese factory worker steals a 3DS unit from the assembly line

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Yes friends, this is true. A chinese factory worker has stole a 3DS unit while he was working.

Because the product is still "in-production" and hasn't been finished, it doesn't have ANYTHING installed. Instead of the firmware, this is what appears on-screen:

It looks pretty nice, but I prefer the blue version of the model. Here's the model compared to NDS, NDSL, NDSi and NDSiXL:

More photos can be viewed in the information source: https://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendo-3ds-smuggled-off-a-chinese-assembly-line#more-611532220

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I must say it looks very nice indeed - good find.

Pity there was nothing else on it or othrwise we could find out more about what it can do. ;p

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    I must say it looks very nice indeed - good find.

Pity there was nothing else on it or othrwise we could find out more about what it can do. ;p

Yeah, It would have been cool to see a normal DS game in a 3DS...

But what I don't understand is: Why is this worker writing HIS NAME AND TELEPHONE in the pictures? Doesn't he realize that Nintendo can put him in jail?

EDIT: Now even there's a video:

Last edited:

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Huh. A very ballsy move, I gotta say.

It looks really nice. I might even buy it when it's released.

Years
  • It looks pretty chunky doesn't it.
    Well, it does look nice and I think it might be worth a look when it is released.

I wonder how much that would go for if he sold it! XD

n0rul3s

Exploring Unova....
    Years
  • Hey,after all I start thinking and maybe Nintendo put the fabric.So they let this guy to take it just for the fans,so we all get wild and make a lot of rating on this guy,maybe he ends up in 2-3 days of jail and after that he will become a TV Star in China :badsmile:
    It won`t be the first one that become a star that way.

I`m pretty sure will find a Nintendo footprint at the end of this case. :t025:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Well, just like that man who got arrested for leaking Pokemon B/W stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to this guy, plus this is Nintendo we're talking about, who basically runs Pokemon and all the other major game titles.

n0rul3s

Exploring Unova....
    Years
  • Well, just like that man who got arrested for leaking Pokemon B/W stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to this guy, plus this is Nintendo we're talking about, who basically runs Pokemon and all the other major game titles.
    I agree with that.Japan has very strict laws about this sort of thing.
    After all the images were found on a "cyber patrol" and if that patrol gets the video or the photos the guy will become famous.
    DID YOU HEAR THAT NINTENDO?? I KNOW YOUR SOMEHOW IN TOO:t201-!:

Years
  • Well, I am sure he will be arrested.
    I am pretty sure he will have signed a contract of secrecy because of dealing with a important product.

He has got big ... you know! XD

Years
  • That looks sick! I'm so getting me one of those now. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see him arrested. But, I wonder why no BIOS is installed if they are making them? That would make more work for NoJ and NoA to have to program all the BIOS into each of the made 3DS systems.

Depends on what part of the process he nicked it from! XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • That looks a lot better then I thought it would. I don't see myself getting one right away... but as far as the looks go... I like it (I just they had a nice red, and not a two tone red/black).

As for the guy... oh well, I'm sure he'll be loved by many, hated by Nintendo. XD

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It's like a brick! A brick full of entertainment! Wish it wasn't all glossy, though. I'm getting black to match the top screen, and I'd really like it if it was matte black.

Also, the guy's a goner. :P Was it worth it? I hope he thinks so...

Years
  • You have a valid argument. But, we never know. The sample 3DS systems all have BIOS installed on them. So, you may be right.

Maybe. I am not sure on the different production lines in the 3DS so who knows.

As for the guy... oh well, I'm sure he'll be loved by many, hated by Nintendo. XD

Haha, I don't think hated is the word! XDDD

It's like a brick! A brick full of entertainment! Wish it wasn't all glossy, though. I'm getting black to match the top screen, and I'd really like it if it was matte black.

Also, the guy's a goner. :P Was it worth it? I hope he thinks so...

I am sure it will be worth it for him when he gets out of jail! XD
    Depends if they know who it was and if he has sold it yet.

Years
  • As far as I know, products made by Nintendo company are officially released in mainland China under the iQue brand. Not sure why, since Nintendo is the only non-Chinese company that I know of that doesn't use its own name on its products on the mainland.

Meaning that the other systems in the video, with the "Nintendo" label, had to be imported if not stolen as well.

I guess it's more interesting if you're in mainland China, since they've only released up to the DSi (not even the DSi XL has been announced there).

Maybe that console might have something to do with censoring the game as well? Just a long shot but I don't know why they wouldn't release it under the Nintendo franchise. We all know how strict China is.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I agree with Cap'n Fab, it looks a little chunky. XD But hey, so did the first DS, and it's pretty slim now. And yeeeah, pretty reckless guy to actually take that off the line. Gotta give'em props for that. But seriously, I don't think it was worth that. He's definitely gunna get busted for that.

But still! Can't wait for it! At least I won't have to steal one from the assembly line soon enough.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love he way it looks in black... if there is no red one released at first in the states then I'll just get the black. This guy is going to jail though lol, it wasnt worth the trouble I'm sure.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Its kind of stupid really since it just shows that screen all day and it doesn't play games at all. Its more of like a "Hey I have a 3DS and you people dont!" sort of thing which is really sad. Well I hope the person that stole it has a fun time playing his new 3DS in jail. xP

Back