• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Sure charcoal I can use some suggestions. I have only achieved a 20-win streak in doubles using my in-game team. Haven't tried the team that I've bred yet cause I'm still training them.

I heard of one technique -- using aggron and endeavor, I think. But I'm not sure, I'm a newbie.. ~_~

Can you rate my team? I'll send it to you via PM if it's alright..

Sure, go ahead and PM me.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I've been trying to breed a 5 iv shiny pumpkaboo but no luck yet. So I'm gunna take a break from it for now and try to breed a shiny beldum with 5ivs. If I succeed at this, this will be my 2nd shiny beldum/Metagross that I've breed.

Years
  • Hey congrats on the shiny Shedinja. I'm currently working on finishing off X so that I can start breeding again :) Also how easy is it to breed for hidden powers?

Years
  • Hey congrats on the shiny Shedinja. I'm currently working on finishing off X so that I can start breeding again :) Also how easy is it to breed for hidden powers?

It's VERY HARD! Geeze... I can't tell you how tough it is very easily. The way that Hidden Powers work, is that they are based on the IV's and if they are odd or even. If you have an odd number IV, you get a certain number of points depending on the IV. So if you have say... 31 in your SpD, you get something like 36 points. And if you get say 31 in HP you get 1 point. But the number you get doesn't change depending on how high or low the IV is. If you have say 3 IV's in SpD, you'll still get the same points as if you got 31 IV's. The total number of points that you get determines what Hidden Power your pokemon is going to have. Which means that if you want a high base power Hidden power, along with the Hidden Power type that you want, it's going to take a LOT of time.

Years
  • It's VERY HARD! Geeze... I can't tell you how tough it is very easily. The way that Hidden Powers work, is that they are based on the IV's and if they are odd or even. If you have an odd number IV, you get a certain number of points depending on the IV. So if you have say... 31 in your SpD, you get something like 36 points. And if you get say 31 in HP you get 1 point. But the number you get doesn't change depending on how high or low the IV is. If you have say 3 IV's in SpD, you'll still get the same points as if you got 31 IV's. The total number of points that you get determines what Hidden Power your pokemon is going to have. Which means that if you want a high base power Hidden power, along with the Hidden Power type that you want, it's going to take a LOT of time.

Great... Thanks for letting me know

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Ive only done one HP and that convinced me to never bother again. No current breeding projects, trying to find something inspiring to breed.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Finished X now breeding a serperior with iron tail so working on getting my Arron to level 35/6 to learn it

Oh I have to check but I think I might have a Snivy with Iron tail! If you want it :) It is far from perfect, it just have good egg moves. You can work from there. Or you prefer to level up pour Arron.

Edit: Yup, I have one. Iron tail, Mirror Coat, Glare, Mean Look. I can be online anytime tonight so if you want to trade you can send me a or a visitor message :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I'm starting to breed my Serperior, I'm going for a physical set that looks like

Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Return
    Iron Tail
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Razor Claw
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp

So for this what IVs should I be aiming for?

Back