• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tek

Years
  • I've been trying to MM a shiny Axew. I'll sit down and hatch a dozen or so eggs here and there.

If I have time, I'll probably breed up a Noibat or something for the project. I haven't missed one in a while, gotta keep up my streak!

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Hey guys! Sorry I've been off the map for a while now, I haven't been playing Pokemon for some time, so I don't have any new breeding projects to share. I just signed up for a breeding challenge over at the challenges sub-forum; you start with a Pokemon that you breed, you hatch the very first egg, evolve it and then breed it, and so on. I'll be attempting to breed (almost) all of the baby Pokemon this way, starting with Tyrogue (male-only species) and ending with Happiny (female-only). I'll have to skip Smoochum sadly :(

Tek

Years
  • It's quiet. Too quiet... Look out Fox, it's a trap!
    Spoiler:

How about a new topic? Do you expect any changes to breeding mechanics with ORAS? What changes would you like to see?

Personally, I'm still so impressed by the changes they made with XY that I can't think of anything else right now. Also I'm groggy because I napped for too long

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I don't think any of the breeding mechanics will change in ORAS. If anything does change, it might be something small.

Tek

Years
  • Yeah probably. I'd like to see a new way of hatching eggs, but I don't expect for that to happen.

Actually it's not too bad now with the hatching O-Power. I hope they keep that around.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    hi, can i join? i'm planning on becoming a master breeder you see ~( ̄v ̄~)

Name: Nagi
    Partner Pokemon: this is going to sound strange but the only Pokémon i've actually bred for now is Zigzagoon.

current topic / will ORAS bring breeding mechanic changes?
    ... to be honest i don't think it will. it's in the same gen as XY, and since those games already simplified breeding by a lot (to the point that even i'm interested now) i don't think much, if anything, will be changed. even O-Powers i assume will stay, right? probably.

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    Hey guys! sorry if i've been absent lately; my internet was down so i couldn't go online....

Anyway, I recently bred a 5iv Psyduck and recieved a shiny 6 IV Kyogre over wonder trade last night!

So, is anyone breeding for ORAS? I might breed all the mega evolutions in XY and ORAS....

Maybe for November, we should all breed a pokemon that has a mega evolution!

Also, Welcome Nagi! This club's very nice all around and we strive to help others in their breeding projects. If you want, I have some HA pokemon I could give you. Do you have a Protean Froakie? I have nearly 20 of them....

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    oh, thank you very much for the offer, PhantomWolf! but i do have a Protean Froakie already c: i just have to get it the right IVs still.

i also think for the November event it would be nice to breed a Pokémon with a Mega Evolution! i really want to breed a Shiny Tyranitar someday. i just love its colours somehow. but it'll be a while before i pull that off!
    ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ
    i restarted my X game because i wanted to try playing through it with a Chespin this time, but as a result i'll have to wait until i beat the game again until i can get back into breeding. but i'm having fun nonetheless c:

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    It would be fun indeed! I'm currently working on breeding one Pokemon for all the mega evolutions except for the legendaries. I finished breeding a Bulbasaur for Mega Venusaur and I'm currently working on breeding a Charmander for Charizard X.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    woah, great!
    i'm still playing through XY again, so no new projects yet. ORAS' release is drawing near though - are you done breeding for it yet?! c:

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Okey I think I'll join this club

Name: Juan (you can call me J9 tho)
    Partner pokemon: Mismagiu (the first flawless pokemon I bred in XY)
    Current topic:
    Do you expect any changes to breeding mechanics with ORAS? What changes would you like to see?
    Please no, breeding's perfect in XY, it has never been so easy and so fast to get good pokemon.

Tek

Years
  • Hey guys sorry I havent been around alot I had so much on my plate :(

Yeah same here. The last breeder's club went through some quiet periods as well...

But good news, I finally bred a MM shiny! I wasn't even going for a shiny, just hatching some Aprimon for my OR playthrough and bam! Shiny Buneary. I was super excited to Mega Evolve it, but it has the Klutz ability -_-'

Also, welcome to the club, Juan! Are you working on any breeds right now?

Last edited:

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • Yeah same here. The last breeder's club went through some quiet periods as well...

But good news, I finally bred a MM shiny! I wasn't even going for a shiny, just hatching some Aprimon for my OR playthrough and bam! Shiny Buneary. I was super excited to Mega Evolve it, but it has the Klutz ability -_-'

Also, welcome to the club, Juan! Are you working on any breeds right now?

I bred alot of ivs on bagons like 5iv with d dance dragon rush n hydropump

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I'm kinda busy with university at the moment (finals D: ). However, the last stuff I've been breeding were joltiks, and as I already got a good one I'll probably go on with HA abras or tyrogues.

BTW, I got some jolly aerodactyls with unnerve, I deleted most of them (I had like, a lot), but I still have a few I could give away or trade. Talk to me if you are interested.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i've been busy breeding a shiny Torchic to play through ORAS with! i actually had one on the first day of breeding (!), but me being a moron, i somehow lost it when using Pokémon Bank to transfer it to ORAS for the first time.. haha..
    so now i'm still at it. but december is such a busy month with festivities and school assignments, so i'm only breeding very little.

congrats on your Shiny though, Tek! and everyone else on their breeding projects as well c: very impressive! i'm still a bit of a newb breeder but it's making me excited to get back to breeding too!

Reactions: Tek

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • Name: Syren
    Partner pokemon: Ninetails (the ultimate fire-type and my favorite pokemon)

umm... dont really know what to say except hi, lol

Back