• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    Okay, so I've been playing for a bit and finally got to the elite four but before going I decided to change my lineup and was looking for a Roserade.
    The moveset I'm looking to get on it is Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm and Hidden Power (fire).
    Now I may seem a little stupid, but this breeding business confuses the heck out of me.
    Can someone explain to me how I would go about getting such a moveset?
    The problem is getting sleep powder and leaf storm, right? How can I?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Okay, so I've been playing for a bit and finally got to the elite four but before going I decided to change my lineup and was looking for a Roserade.
    The moveset I'm looking to get on it is Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm and Hidden Power (fire).
    Now I may seem a little stupid, but this breeding business confuses the heck out of me.
    Can someone explain to me how I would go about getting such a moveset?
    The problem is getting sleep powder and leaf storm, right? How can I?

Male Exeggcute/Bellsprout (Sleep Powder) ---> Evolve into Victreebel/Exeggutor for Leaf Storm (Both learn in on level 47) ---> Breed onto female in Roserade family.

Sludge Bomb is a TM so thats easy whilst Hidden Power is based on Ivs, read here.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    ugh, the no-URL thing killed my previous attempt at this post since I quoted a URL, lol.

1. If your pokemon had more than one IV @ 31, is it random which of the multiple possible characteristic phrases you get? For example, if you had all 31s, then the phrase could be, "Often dozes off," "Likes to thrash about," "Capable of taking hits," "Mischevious," "Somewhat vain," or "Alert to sounds." Which is chosen? Or is it random?

2. Not sure if you really have to be at level 100 to confirm that the IVs are at 31. If you check and record the ranges on serebii after each level, and combine the highest minimums with the lowest maximums, you can confirm one value if they're the same number, and I've been able to do it in the lvl 20s. For example, at level 15 you get 20-31, then 15-28, then 28-31. From this, you know the value must be 28. (it's usually not that easy) This only assumes that the serebii ranges are always correct. They seem to be, but I'm not sure.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Thanks for the reply above, i just have another question about breeding. ..
    Is it better to have a team of male pokemon due to the fact that they can pass the tms i give to them to any future pokemon so they are not lost forever or is there a way to pass one use tms from females to other future pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    Thanks for the reply above, i just have another question about breeding. ..
    Is it better to have a team of male pokemon due to the fact that they can pass the tms i give to them to any future pokemon so they are not lost forever or is there a way to pass one use tms from females to other future pokemon?

As far as I know females cannot pass on TM moves. For those TMs that cannot be obtained more than once per game, it's definitely something to consider.

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Hi
    I'm making a new team for Platinum wifi, and I was just wondering, what do I need to breed with my Empoleon to get a piplup with agility?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    can pokemon learn moves from both parents? like if i were to breed an electabuz that knows ice punch with a machoke with cross chop...would the elekid know both?

also is it possible to breed a metagross?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    can pokemon learn moves from both parents? like if i were to breed an electabuz that knows ice punch with a machoke with cross chop...would the elekid know both?

also is it possible to breed a metagross?
    Egg moves and tm moves can only be passed from the father. But in this case, why not get a female electabuz and a male machoke, and teach machoke cross chop and ice punch? Then the resulting elekid could have both.

Beldum (metagross's first form) can only breed with ditto.

ray236

Hunter J's Partner In Crime
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    ok im new to iv breeding and im not sure if these iv`s are any good

all of these are ralts

female,serious-30/31/19/13/24/31
    female,naughty-6/14/3/2/23/31
    female,jolly-7/5/29/31/23/31
    female,docile-13/31/23/2/31/9
    male,naughty-18/14/4/23/6/31
    male,naughty-5/22/27/21/23/31

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    How do i get hatched pokemon to hatch with special moves like Volt Tackle on Pichu?

Detox

To get a Pichu with Volt Tackle, you must breed a Pikachu that is holding a Light Ball, and the Pichu that hatches will have Volt Tackle.

Egg moves can be obtained by breeding a male pokemon with the move you want the offspring to know
    with a female of the species of the pokemon you want. For example:

Lets say you want the Elemental Punches on a Machop. You would get a female Medicham, that knows Fire, Ice, and Thunderpunch, and breed it with a male Machop | Machoke | Machamp, and the resulting offspring will have said moves.

Hope it helps ^_^

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • ok im new to iv breeding and im not sure if these iv`s are any good

all of these are ralts

female,serious-30/31/19/13/24/31
    female,naughty-6/14/3/2/23/31
    female,jolly-7/5/29/31/23/31
    female,docile-13/31/23/2/31/9
    male,naughty-18/14/4/23/6/31
    male,naughty-5/22/27/21/23/31

Hah, well that totally depends on if you want a Gallade or a Gardevoir. Actually, none of those breeds would be specifically good. For Gallade, you're going to want an Adamant or Jolly nature, and 31 IVs in at least Speed and Attack. For Gardevoir, you're going to want a Modest, Timid or Calm nature (depending on the set), with 31 IVs in Sp. Attack, Sp. Def, and Speed (again, depending on the set).

KodiakBlackout

Espionage Expert
    Years
  • Hey
    Kinda new at IV Breeding, but here goes

Can someone please explain or link me to something showing how to breed a specific hidden power onto a pokemon?
    Like, I want a Tropius with HP fire,
    Where would I start?
    I know it's based on IVs but how would I get the right ones?
    I've seen guides but it's all jumbled to me :S
    Lol sorry, but it seemed kinda interesting to get into.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I bred a Tyranitar w/ Outrage, and am planning to breed it with Garchomp. However, I'm worried Tyranitar will forget Outrage if I leave it in the daycare to long. I know what your going to say, "Got to the Move Relearner in Pastoria." That won't work though since it's an Egg Move, trust me, I tried something like that before. Any suggestions?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I bred a Tyranitar w/ Outrage, and am planning to breed it with Garchomp. However, I'm worried Tyranitar will forget Outrage if I leave it in the daycare to long. I know what your going to say, "Got to the Move Relearner in Pastoria." That won't work though since it's an Egg Move, trust me, I tried something like that before. Any suggestions?

Move Outrage to the bottom of the move list [to slot 4] every few levels, this way it wont be forgotten since only the top move is replaced. ^^

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Move Outrage to the bottom of the move list [to slot 4] every few levels, this way it wont be forgotten since only the top move is replaced. ^^

Oh that's very helpful! Thanks a lot!

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Got another question, am thinking of breeding a Duskull with Ominous Wind, is it possible/does it make sense to go chain breed and get Pain Split?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Got another question, am thinking of breeding a Duskull with Ominous Wind, is it possible/does it make sense to go chain breed and get Pain Split?

It is possible:

Breed a male Drifloon/Drifblim/Spiritomb that knows Ominous Wind with a Misdreavous. You will wait untill you get a male Misdreavous that should know Ominous Wind. Level up the male Misdreavous to 28, so it learns Pain Split. Then, breed the male Misdreavous that knows Ominous Wind and Pain Split with a female Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir.

I don't know if it makes since to breed to get Pain Split, but that is how you can do it ^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back