• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Bruno Follows You?!

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Actually Bruno is actually Brock in a very clever disguise
    he is ashamed of losing so he changes his team and tries to kick your butt again...

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    Hypotheses:

Maybe that guy that blocks you in the Indigo League before battling Will lets them know before you speak to them?

Elm has contact with them and let them know of your arrival.

Elm, Mr. Pokemon, and the Kimono Girls are in cahoots.

Oak has contact with the Elite Four according to FrLg. Everyone is in contact with each other, so word is bound to get around about your pokemon character.
    Or Elm and Mr. Pokemon ARE the Kimono Girls o_0

Manga

Manga Lover~
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Naw.
    Bruno would know who challenges him.
    Lance probably warned the Elite Four about [Player]'s Arrival.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Its highly likely that, like in the anime, your character has to be registered to enter the League and thus battle gyms. It could be that Oak registered you just after giving the Pokedex, or Elm registered you when he told you to take the gym challenge.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Maybe Prof. Elm/Oak told the Pokemon League that they're challenging them :p and they gave bruno a pic of you

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • It's simple.

You're a 10 year old boy/girl travelling a whole region on your own, destroying gym leaders in your wake as well as helping the Pokemon League Champion take down a revived Team Rocket.

Surely news is going to travel, and fast too.
    Plus there's Lance who could tell them all directly.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • It's funny how most of the old men in this game are paedophiles sexually frustrated.

Like the man peering into the windows standing outside the Celadon City gym, getting a boner over praising all of the good trainers inside.

SamSam67

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    In red and blue Oaks offers you the idea of the Pokemon league challenge read his computer
    It says "how are Red(You) & Blue(Rival)"
    In words of Oak has said about you
    But in gold
    you have elms message?
    Maybe Elm said to ok u were doin the challenge and Oak told the E4
    And lance knew aswell
    and silver ... and loads of trainers aeround the globe O.o

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Lol! Pure win.

Maybe it was just a typo. Maybe the Game Designer was too lazy to put 'Challenger' so he changed the text to your name. Challenger has a lot of words, and your name only contain.. 6?

You mean letters? and the GF staff would put [PLAYER] so its 8 instead of 10 xD and in [PLAYER] you gotta use shift or caps lock...dundundun...

anyways yes...the fact that a 10 year old can save the world a billion times is not weird, but one Elite 4 trainer that has many ways to get ahold of your name saying your name before you tell him is weird? I know if I was an Elite 4 and respected and NOT EVIL AT all. I would make it my duty to figure out the history of every challenger...just to look more awesome...

Back