• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bullying? What is your opinion on it?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • What do you think bullying is about?
    Have you ever been effected from v\bullying directly or felt it from a friends experiences?
    Have you faced up to any bullies?
    Did you bully anyone?
    What should be the suitable punishment for bullying be?
    Different types of bullying?

Answer those questions, and a great dicscusiion will begin. I dont mean to make it sound like an OVP with the questions so try and make it sound like it belongs in OC.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    What do you think bullying is about?
    Have you ever been effected from v\bullying directly or felt it from a friends experiences?
    Did you bully anyone?

Answer those questions, and a great dicscusiion will begin. I dont mean to make it sound like an OVP with the questions so try and make it sound like it belongs in OC.

Bullying is about arguing over which Chuck Norris fact is the most accurate, or which Chuck Norris joke is the funniest.

Yes, some person said that the Godfather trilogy is the best of all time, and will be forever; even calling me stupid for not believing that to be true. I then called up Peter Jackson, and he said "I will make the best trilogy the world has ever seen; and epicness will roll down in streams, as shall gratuitous battles, and mind-shatteringly awesome dialogue." We sure showed that punk!

No, I make sure I wear stilts when I have even the slightest chance of being bullied; so that those scrubs have to look up to me!

I bully anyone that isn't an adherent of my religion (mine is obviously the best and only true one) - keep in mind that I am the only member of my religion; so anyone and everyone is fair game.

Capital punishment works a charm; and promulgating the notion that "All bullies will go to hell" has an impressive success rate in the field of deterrents!

Different types? Well you are either an abysmal bully, a bad bully, a good bully, an awesome bully, an epic bully, or a Satan-esque bully.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    What do you think bullying is about? Maybe the people are retarded.
    Have you ever been effected from v\bullying directly or felt it from a friends experiences? Both, of course.
    Have you faced up to any bullies? Yeah.
    Did you bully anyone? Not really.
    What should be the suitable punishment for bullying be? Slaps.
    Different types of bullying? Wat

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Did you bully anyone?

What do you think bullying is about?:
    I think bullying is about putting others down for selfish reasons such as personal gain or hatred. I think that it's never fatal because if intentions are to kill or seriously wound it obviously crosses a line somewhere where it just turns into homicidal tendencies.

Have you ever been effected from v\bullying directly or felt it from a friends experiences?: All the time. Even just recently. =3 I don't let it get to me though. Bullies can kindly take a long walk... off a short pier.

Have you faced up to any bullies?: Eeeh, yeah. I've my own ways of giving bullies what's theres. I've also gotten attacked a couple of times for standing up. Didn't really change anything, though. I'm not weak enough in the head to think violence means anything.

Did you bully anyone?: I've probably verbally bullied someone on ocassion. It's usually an online thing where I see someone being a butt and decide to vent on them.

What should be the suitable punishment for bullying be?: Social justice has a tendency to turn the true bullies into the bullied. I question whether any interference is needed in most cases.

Different types of bullying?:
    violence
    flaming
    Malicious trolling
    Self-righteous fools who make excuses to be cruel.
    Elitism (LOL I AM BETTER THAN U)
    Oh and sexual harassment

Last edited:
    Years
  • I guess bullies are just insecure and do bad stuff to other people to make themselves feel better. It's pointless and just terrible, in my opinion.

I've never been directly bullied, but some of my friends have been bullied, so yeah, it has had somewhat of an effect on me.

Occasionally, I do try to stand up to them, they don't scare me. And I probably have established the fact that I despise bullying, and have never been a bully myself. xD

As for the different kinds of bullying, there's:
    Physical bullying (punching and etc)
    Sexual harassment
    Cyberbullying
    The teasing thing ("Hur, lyk u r a nrd")

AngHeartsDrew

Pokemon Co'Ordinator
    Years
  • What do you think bullying is about? My opinion, Bullying is where someone is insercure about themselves/something or have been abused/etc so to block the void, they take it out on other people or want to have more power incase theyve been bullied before so they prevant it from happening
    Have you ever been effected from v\bullying directly or felt it from a friends experiences? Definately. :/
    Have you faced up to any bullies? Oh Yes..
    Did you bully anyone? Not that I know of.
    What should be the suitable punishment for bullying be? In school-detention, Out of school-..Not sure
    Cyber bullying, verbal, sexual harrasment, Physical,

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • i think sometimes, not always, bullying is when a person repeatedly puts someone down to be funny. when they get a positive reaction like their friends laughing, they'll continue. i dont think it's necessarily always about insecurity or whatever.

i dont really see severe bullying in my school; we're in a pretty good community after all. but ofc i've heard of dramatic cases of bullying during health class

i may have unintentionally "bullied" people without realizing it before, but i don't make too harsh of jokes anymore. i'm pretty oblivious to bullying, so i guess i don't really "stand up" to bullies. if someone's bothering me, i'll just ask them to stop

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • What do you think bullying is about? The bully is insecure so they pick on other people to make themselves feel better, they do it to impress somebody else, they do it as a dare...I stopped trying to justify it years ago. I really don't know why people do it.

Have you ever been affected by bullying directly or felt it from a friend's experience? Absolutely. Middle school and my first year of high school was absolutely awful. Away from school wasn't really any different.

Have you faced up to any bullies? On several occasions, yes. Whether or not it was successful is a different story.

Did you bully anyone? Of course not.

What should the suitable punishment for bullying be? I don't think there is one. It's not that bullies shouldn't be punished, it's that every punishment I can think of already exists and is either mocked or goes in one ear and out the other. In some cases it can even make the bullying worse, which accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think bullying can be funny. There's a line though. I've being on both ends of it and I never pushed anyone the way i was pushed.

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • What do you think bullying is about? A lot of times, the bullies have real problems too and are just taking it out on other kids. I don't think there are a lot of kids who have a normal, healthy life and history, but just enjoy causing pain regularly.
    Have you ever been effected from v\bullying directly or felt it from a friends experiences? Not particularly. I've been teased, of course, but I just let it slide and they lost interest.
    Have you faced up to any bullies? ^
    Did you bully anyone? Not really.
    What should be the suitable punishment for bullying be? I have no idea. Something that addresses the root cause, if it can be figured out.
    Different types of bullying? Cyber-bullying is laughable. Words on the Internet from people thousands of miles away just trying to get a rise? Come on.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I've been bullied a lot. Generally because of my weight, but sometimes I get discriminated for being smart? I don't understand it. :/ Bullies are wierd.

And yeah, I get back at them. Physically, usually. They don't expect me to be strong because I'm a fat girl, but I've knocked someone out before because they wound me up so much. :|

Don't mess with me. :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • There are three broad categories of bullying.
    • Direct physical bullying e.g. hitting, tripping, and pushing or damaging their property.
    • Direct verbal bullying e.g. name calling, insults, homophobic or racist remarks, verbal abuse.
    • Indirect bullying - This form of bullying is harder to recognise and often carried out behind the bullied student's back. It is designed to harm someone's social reputation and/or cause humiliation. Indirect bullying includes:
      • lying and spreading rumours
      • playing nasty jokes to embarrass and humiliate
      • mimicking
      • encouraging others to socially exclude someone
      • damaging someone's social reputation and social acceptance
      • cyber-bullying, which involves the use of email, text messages or chat rooms to humiliate and distress.
    I have not, bullied someone to the extend of severe effection. I have been bullied myself, many times. Verbaly by friends and Piers. Physicaly twice, one from a 15-16 year old. And in primary school when I was little no one wanted to play with me except for 2 other people. But meh, I ingore it and the work is a distraction, I don't wanna sound like a teachers pet. But they do like me and they are 'wierdly' my friend.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • What do you think bullying is about? Being a dickhead to someone because you freakin' feel like it.
    Have you ever been effected from v\bullying directly or felt it from a friends experiences? Directly. D:
    Have you faced up to any bullies? You don't try when they are a fourth degree dan in taekwondo. D:
    Did you bully anyone? Have neither the brawn nor the bravado needed. I care too much. :D
    What should be the suitable punishment for bullying be? tch, much more than a freakin' handshake to get it over with. Although in my case, thankfully, the guy wasn't too bad and did stop afterwards. He's a pretty nice guy, he's just also a douche.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    It's about trying to pick people down so you can feel better. I do think some can help bullying, they're mentally disturbed. It's ridiculous! Leave the person alone. But would the world be balanced without bullies?

Kind of... I probably stayed out of peoples ways/smart was cool in younger years. In early Secondary, I wasn't bullied. As years pass, everyone loves me :D You can't really bully be, big and dark, scary, but sezy ;)

LOL

YES! Just did on Friday. Not exactly a bully but no-one's going to intimidate me trying to talk me down or whatever. Though it was a friend so whatever happened, we'd still be cool.

Did you bully anyone?
    Loosely. Like "you can't join us!" or "Oh God, it's Tanweer *throes insult*" That type :D

At the most severe bullying; isolation from people. Complete isolation so they can think of their actions.

Physical - OOUCH!
    Verbal - Stop saying that, please.
    Gossip - Don't spread that about me! Everyone will hate me.
    Cyber - Stop typing that, I can't counter. You don't know how much it's affecting me, if I type, you'll keep going. You might not even hurt.

Those are the ones I know of :cheeky:

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    I think that it's really...bad.

Sometimes....

Ya, I have faced some...

Did you bully anyone?
    I've never done such a thing.

To do the same thing which is done to the victim.

-----I don't know much about them.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Obviously bullying is when someone crosses the line, and can't see for themselves the pain they're causing on an individual or group.

I've never been bullied, no. I've stood up to bullies, for a friends sake and I've never ever bullied before. I find it pathetic and heartless.

Years
  • I've been bullied since I was, like, 5. Mainly because I wasn't confident, so I was easier to pick on. So then I got less confident...and so it goes on...and on....and on...

I think an appropriate punishment should be not getting punished for hitting the bullies back, as I really hate it when you're meanta go run crying to someone instead of standing up for yourself (stupid Britain and Human Rights, I wanna beat the crap out of those bullies!)

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    One time I was bullied because I was going out with this boy who was a backstabber to his friends or something, I don't really know exactly what he did but it made a lot of people mad and some people picked on me because I was going out with him, so I broke up with him and then everything was fine again for me. Don't worry.

Oh, and yes bullying is bad.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • One time I was bullied because I was going out with this boy who was a backstabber to his friends or something, I don't really know exactly what he did but it made a lot of people mad and some people picked on me because I was going out with him, so I broke up with him and then everything was fine again for me. Don't worry.

I'm not worried about you because you were getting "bullied", I'm worried about you because you think it's appropriate to break up with someone because you're getting ridiculed about going out with them, especially if the reason you're getting ridiculed seems like an unfounded rumor.

Why on Earth would you care about a rumor that's spreading about him? It's such a shallow thing to do to break up with someone simply because of how others feel.

Anyways, on topic:

What do you think bullying is about? Picking on someone else for the enjoyment or to make yourself feel better.

Have you ever been effected from v\bullying directly or felt it from a friends experiences? Yes, both.

Have you faced up to any bullies? Yes, and I was stronger and smarter than them, so it wasn't hard.

Did you bully anyone? I mean, I bully my friends I suppose, but we sorta bully each other, just by messing around. "Adam's never gonna get laid" etc.

What should be the suitable punishment for bullying be? People need to look more into parental accountability. I know plenty of bullies who could easily have their problems solved through therapy, or communication with their parents, but the schools never seem to make any effort to do that.

Like everyone else has said, I think the three main types are:
    Verbal
    Cyber
    Physical

Eldrei

Banned
    Years
    Back when I was in high school, there was a guy who has big muscles and bullying nerds and midgets in my school. He said bullying is good because it will remove a weak's weaknesses and makes them tough. Bullies feel they're tough. Good thing that bully didn't notice me. loooool!!! *phew*

Nope. But in other forums like Digital Point and OT forums I've seen a lot of my friends getting bullied by mods and admins..!!!!

Not being a coward but I didn't face any bullies in my life. It's also a good thing bullies didn't annoy me. They would get butthurt!!!! xDDDD

Did you bully anyone?
    Sometimes to weak people who can't stand at their own feet. But not bully like "give me your lunch or i will kill u!!!". It's a kind of bully with a lesson for the weak guys to learn!!! ^_^

Haven't think of that..

1. Gay bullying.
    2. Molesting.
    3. Pedo bullying (or same as 2)
    4. Internet /b/ullying
    5. School bullying

There's a lot I can't recall...

Back