• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

C&M Advent Calendar

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    This is probably going to be the better time for me to post these, actually. So, without further ado:

Dec 4: Favourite Christmas themed book?

This is the last 'favourites' topic for a while, don't worry. Apart from the novel of A Christmas Carol, I haven't really read many Christmas themed books that weren't aimed at children. Still, the one that sticks in my mind is the all-time classic: The Night Before Christmas. I can still remember passages from it to this day even though I haven't picked it up in years. T'was the night before christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I don't think I have once in my life read a Christmas-themed book. I have been sitting here searching my brain and I keep coming up short. The only one I know of is the one you mentioned already, The Night Before Christmas - and I've only heard of it because of the famous quote you mentioned haha.

Years
    Dec. 3: Favorite Christmas themed TV episode

The holiday special of Mythbusters where they made that crazy Rube Goldberg style contraption.

I forget if this was the same episode where they the frozen turkey drop. The episodes all blur together for me.

Dec 4: Favourite Christmas themed book

All I can think of that I've read is A Christmas Carol so that's my answer by default. How many Christmas themed books can there be?

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Really the only Christmas themed book I've read was the Golden Circle Book, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Was a great book as a kid. There actually aren't to many Christmas books anyway.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Turns out there is another favourite one after all... me and my memory! The next one definitely isn't a 'favourite', don't worry.

Dec 5: Favourite Christmas carol?

I have a slight affection for 'Silent Night' in terms of carols. Although 'All Come All Ye Faithful' is often a nice counterpoint. I can't say I know most of the lyrics, but having to sing so many of them in school means they stay with you forever.

Shining Raichu

Years
    I have an almost indecent love for Christmas carols. I love about 90% of them so much it hurts - carols are one of my favourite parts of Christmas. I have two stand-out favourites that I can think of:

Merry Christmas (War Is Over) (which isn't technically a Christmas Carol but I count it as one since they sing it at the big official Carols show each year) and Deck The Halls.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Deck the Halls. It's a very catchy song that gets stuck in my head all day. So many different artists have sung it as well so there are many different versions of it. My favourite is the Jame Taylor version. Another catchy tune is the classic we all grew up with, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 6: That Christmas song you ALWAYS hear on the radio

'Last Christmas' by Wham! It got so bad this year that I was hearing it in October. OCTOBER, OF ALL TIMES! I nearly walked out of the Subway I was in, in disgust... but my order was being made and I was very hungry. But... yeah. It always seems to be this one that kicks off the Christmas season; nearly every year without fail.

Shining Raichu

Years
    The Twelve Days of Christmas. I actually don't hear a lot of Christmas songs on the radio, but one way or another, I always manage to hear this one at some point. Unfortunately, this also happens to be the one Christmas song I find so annoying that it sends me into road rage.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I haven't heard any christmas song this christmas. Meaby few but still. Off course it is one part of the christmas but unfortunately no songs. Let's see what I have to hear today because today is Finland's Independence Day.

Years
    I keep hearing the Almighty "All I Want For Christmas is You." I love it, so it's not a problem but I'd rather have Christmas songs be played in December. Not October/November.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 7: Favourite Christmas food?

I know, I know... not C&M related. There are a few of these on the schedule because I couldn't think of 24 topics solely about C&M. They've been spread out over the course of December, so as not to end with a load of non-C&M topics. So, let's just roll with the punches.

Anyhoo, mine would be the pigs-in-blankets - which have a different definition in the US than the UK. Essentially cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon, they're a delicious Christmas treat and something that I just gobble up on December 25. Yum yum.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Either Fruit Mince Pies (so good) or popcorn. I know it's not Christmas-y but it's the one food I look forward to at Christmas the most!! Oh, and chocolate coins are delicious too :)

Back