• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

C&M Advent Calendar

Years
    Skipping the previous couple of questions because I don't know the names of any carols and don't listen to the radio.

Dec 7: Favourite Christmas food?

French toast. Yes, it's a Christmas food for me. I had that at the relatives' house almost every time I went there on Christmas. I could never make it myself without messing up something and making it taste funny so I never really had it like I wanted it except then.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The entirety of Christmas Eve. Being Italian, we go for the "Feast of the Seven Fishes" route... and then some. Lots shellfish, lots of seafood, lots of good stuff. I look forward to that day (and it's cousin - Good Friday) all year XD

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Christmas lunch / dinner thing, of course! Especially those sausages wrapped in bacon. It's like CHD on a plate but it's so good!

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    every Christmas my nan makes about 200 mini quiches for the 7 of us (grandparents and, 2 sisters, mum and dad). They are the food I look forward to most of all. I'm not sure how she does it but each time I have one I have to go back for another one. I am always half full before the actual meal starts because I cannot resist the lure of those mini quiches.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 8: Favourite Christmas sporting tradition

I got nothing for this one, but hopefully other, more sport-oriented members, will do. #sorrysorrysorry!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I have one!

My favourite Christmas sporting tradition is that there is no sport on Christmas. There are no sporting events to suffer through on Christmas Day. Best tradition ever :)

Years
    Dec 8: Favourite Christmas sporting tradition

Snowball fights? Who-can-unwrap-presents-fastest race? Candy cane duels? (Would be awesome!) Yeah, I got nothing for this either.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 9: Least favourite Christmas food

Our first negative topic, people! There'll be a lot more of these around the middle of December, but here's a gentle one to ease you in. For me, I just don't see the point in potatoes, whether roast or boiled or dauphinoise or anything... they're always the last thing I reluctantly put on my plate on Christmas afternoon, and mainly due to years of parental peer pressure.

Shining Raichu

Years
    I wish I could have potatoes at Christmas!

Here in Australia the Christmas food works a little differently because we have Christmas in Summer. I can't speak for everybody, but I know a lot of the people around where I live don't do the big roast dinner, we usually have cold dinners. Cold ham, cold turkey and salads... so out of that I'd say my least favourite is the salad. I don't mind vegetables cooked, but I've never been able to stand salads and around Christmas time there just seem to be so many.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I don't like the cold dinners either, I have always hated salad that are fancy with dressings and what not, I just want to eat the carrot and lettuce by itself. I hate cold meat, it just doesn't feel right. And I don't like how it's all, just because it's Christmas, we can't eat healthy. You can get green and red capsicums, thats Christmasy.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I live in Australia as well but we still do the hot dinners. And the one thing I cannot stand is cauliflower, in that cheese sauce. It is horrible and no one can make me eat it.

My family never eats healthy on Christmas we have so much food and I eat so much I feel like a big blob of jelly for the next 2 days.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Sleeping in is sooooooo good! Anyhoo:

Dec 10: Favourite Christmas family tradition

A lot of my family's traditions have fallen by the wayside now that my brother and I have grown up and moved away from home. The good thing, however, is that we always make the effort to come back at least for Christmas. The act of being together in and of itself probably isn't much of a tradition, but I'm clinging on to it for dear life... especially given that this'll be the first New Year's that I'll be away from home.

Shining Raichu

Years
    Our biggest tradition is doing nothing. Every year we stay at home and have people come over (never family, because we don't speak to enough of our family lol) and we just eat and have fun. We never go anywhere, we never do anything, we just relax for Christmas. That's my favourite part.

Christmas is just sort of this build-up of hecticness, and it's like it slowly gets louder and louder until Christmas Eve where it's like chaotic screaming, and then for Christmas Day, just one day, we have silence. Then the next day I always do Boxing Day Sales shopping (another of my favourite traditions, though not a family one) so it's like the we just get a break in the noise and then dive straight back into it.

Years

Anything with meat in it, really. Or that's just meat. When I did eat meat it was ham. I have never liked the taste of that, and at Christmas it was always... I dunno... extra unappealing. Like there was some special 'Christmas' way of cooking it that made it just that much more awful.

One time on Christmas Eve I had to go to someone's house (I can't remember if it was neighbors or relatives or what) and they had crab. Or maybe it was lobster. Or shrimp. I have no idea beyond the memory that it was some bottom-dwelling sea creature and I almost vomited. Happy memories.

Dec 10: Favourite Christmas family tradition

It used to be getting whatever we wanted for breakfast. In my mind it was the good half of a compromise for having to eat nasty Christmas dinners. Since I haven't had Christmas with family for a couple of years now I don't go in for traditions any more really.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years

One time on Christmas Eve I had to go to someone's house (I can't remember if it was neighbors or relatives or what) and they had crab. Or maybe it was lobster. Or shrimp. I have no idea beyond the memory that it was some bottom-dwelling sea creature and I almost vomited. Happy memories.
    You poor, sad, miserable person. Shellfish rocks.

On that note, my favourite traditions for Dec 10 are..
    - Feast of the Seven Fishes (so :p, Scarf)
    - Decorating
    - Watching A Charlie Brown Christmas
    - Watching the Disney Christmas Parade during a big Christmas breakfast

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Ack, I'm even later than usual. Looooooooots of work to do in real life, unfortunately. This one's a goodie, though.

Dec 11: Best Christmas present ever? (Related to C&M, ideally.)

A while back, my parents gave me DVDs of Seasons 1-8 of The Simpsons. It was, like, the best present ever, and they're still sitting firmly on my DVD shelf, despite the fact they've been watched repeatedly on end.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Dec 11: Best Christmas present ever?
    I am obsessed with the Anthony Horowitz series of book "The Power of Five" and last year my sister got me the the fourth book in the series. I loved her for that. Now I have to find a better present for here this year.

Back