• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Apparently the old zombie characters aren't the only characters you can use.

Watch this while it's still up.

Spoiler:

Also, new trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTOVQFRggI Pretty cool stuff. =D One scene you can see the bits of a roof flying off. I'm thinking this has to do with the transition from one memory to the next, since this whole story are scenes from the characters memory.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I will get it right after I get home from school so that will be like 4:30. I would play the PS3 one.
    I would mind also having it for the PS3, but I don't know if there's going to be enough people. I'll see who's getting it and if there's enough ask someone to host the PS3 side of the event.

Cheers for that, I've had a look, though it doesn't say much regarding AI teammates. Is Combat Training basically a jazzy name for offline and private online multiplayers then?
    It's just a way for new people to get used to the game, and a way for teams to work out plans and that sort of stuff.

Years
    I would mind also having it for the PS3, but I don't know if there's going to be enough people. I'll see who's getting it and if there's enough ask someone to host the PS3 side of the event.

It's just a way for new people to get used to the game, and a way for teams to work out plans and that sort of stuff.

Cheers for answering, I've been looking at more previews and the like to get more info., and I might consider getting this now, as it seems like it's catering more for local offline/online modes, especially with the AI bots and split screen online (Though having the guest's stats reset each time is a bit poor). A couple more questions now, and these might just decide whether or not I buy this on PS3:

1. I've read that there is Co-Op in the Zombies mode. Anyone able to tell me if this goes up to 4 players, or is it just 2 like in WaW, and can it be done offline as well as online?

2. How many AI Bots and players are allowed in one match (I've read there can be up to 18 players online. If that's the case, can you have 4 players and 14 AI Bots in Combat Training)?

3. 'One To The Chamber' and others like it. Are they just those point wager matches, or can they be played as offline multiplayer modes in themselves ala Licence To Kill on Goldeneye?

4. I read the perks list a few pages back, but couldn't find a killstreak list. Anyone able to post up?

I know it sounds sad that most of these refer to local/offline multiplayer, but I'm aiming to play this locally as well as online.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I recently got back into MW2 quite a bit, playing for a few hours every day or so. A part of me doesn't want to start over after working through almost four prestiges and getting my K/D up to 1.5, but at the same time, all the annoying crap in MW2 makes me ready for a change. As many others have said, I'm not getting my hopes up for Black Ops being any better than MW2, but at least it'll be a fresh start. One thing I'm particularly pleased about is killstreak rewards not adding to your overall killstreak count. Actually getting the 11 kills you need for a chopper gunner yourself is a lot different than using the predator and harrier, which should favor more skilled players. The new leveling system and gun customizations is also a cool change. I'm apathetic about the perks and new killstreaks. I'm certain that people will find a way to abuse some of them just as they've done in MW2. What I'm hoping for is a more accurate test of skill than MW2, but like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Perhaps they could ban annoying preteen boys with high-pitched voices from playing online? That would make the game infinitely better.

Years
    Cheers for answering, I've been looking at more previews and the like to get more info., and I might consider getting this now, as it seems like it's catering more for local offline/online modes, especially with the AI bots and split screen online (Though having the guest's stats reset each time is a bit poor). A couple more questions now, and these might just decide whether or not I buy this on PS3:

1. I've read that there is Co-Op in the Zombies mode. Anyone able to tell me if this goes up to 4 players, or is it just 2 like in WaW, and can it be done offline as well as online?

2. How many AI Bots and players are allowed in one match (I've read there can be up to 18 players online. If that's the case, can you have 4 players and 14 AI Bots in Combat Training)?

3. 'One To The Chamber' and others like it. Are they just those point wager matches, or can they be played as offline multiplayer modes in themselves ala Licence To Kill on Goldeneye?

4. I read the perks list a few pages back, but couldn't find a killstreak list. Anyone able to post up?

I know it sounds sad that most of these refer to local/offline multiplayer, but I'm aiming to play this locally as well as online.

1) You were allowed 4 in Waw??? I'm assuming it is the same for Black Ops too.

I noticed Kennedy in the launch trailer. Interesting..

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011

I would host the PS3 one if I can.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Well my amazon trade ins finally went through today and I had gift credit to finally make my pre-order of this game. Quite looking forward to it, and should be delivered sometime before 7pm central on the 9th. Woo.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years

I don't have a prob with the guest stats resetting. If the person plays the game enough to the point where they care about the stuff they unlock then they can get an account and that way both players can level up and keep their stuff.

1: I'm guessing you're talking about only 2 players for split screen? If so then I think it's the same in Black Ops. Not many games these days have 4 player split screen.

2: I'm not sure. I don't know if it'll be like GRAW (an older shooter on the 360) where you have 50 or so enemy AI out there, or it'll be like a normal CoD multiplayer match where it's only 18 people in the game. As far as I know they haven't said anything on the number of AI bots.

3: You might be able to remake it in private matches. They said private matches will be very customizable (as far as setups and such) so it should carry over to offline.

4: The full killstreak list is in the link below.
    https://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/multiplayer/killstreaks

One thing I'm particularly pleased about is killstreak rewards not adding to your overall killstreak count. Actually getting the 11 kills you need for a chopper gunner yourself is a lot different than using the predator and harrier, which should favor more skilled players.

Perhaps they could ban annoying preteen boys with high-pitched voices from playing online? That would make the game infinitely better.
    Well it's 9 for Chopper Gunner and 11 for Gunship....... please don't hurt me. ;.;
    Anyway. I like the idea of killstreaks not stacking but my prob is... I fear that the camping might get even worse. The bad players who can't get high killstreaks will always set high killstreaks (they're not happy with the Spy Plane/UAV). They want the Blackbird, the Chopper Gunner, Attack Dogs, and the Gunship, so they're going to camp to get it.
    But we'll see how it goes.

As for not allowing people who don't belong on the game... yea I totally agree. It says "Mature 17+" (at least in the US) on the game for a reason. And sadly a lot of the crap from the game comes from kids between the ages of 13-16. They're the little wannabe gangsters with their marijana titles and emblems, they're the ones who cuss up a storm when mommy and daddy are in the bed, they're the ones who yell into the mic so others can't talk, they're the ones who say stupid stuff like "well I slept with your mother last night. ohhhhhhhhhhhh", they're the ones calling everyone else "kid" when they're the youngest one in the room, they're the ones camping with OMA tubes, they're the ones getting in glitches (ever since I've played CoD if you wanted to know a glitch ask a kid), and so on and so on. Don't get me wrong, the 17 year olds, and the adults also do that crap (and I've seen a few maturei kids under 17). But not as much, and most of the time once they get their butt kicked in a game they'll leave. I just don't agree with someone letting their kid play an M rated game when they aren't old enough to play it.

I would host the PS3 one if I can.
    I don't see it happening (you hosting the event that is).

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    As for not allowing people who don't belong on the game... yea I totally agree. It says "Mature 17+" (at least in the US) on the game for a reason. And sadly a lot of the crap from the game comes from kids between the ages of 13-16. They're the little wannabe gangsters with their marijana titles and emblems, they're the ones who cuss up a storm when mommy and daddy are in the bed, they're the ones who yell into the mic so others can't talk, they're the ones who say stupid stuff like "well I slept with your mother last night. ohhhhhhhhhhhh", they're the ones calling everyone else "kid" when they're the youngest one in the room, they're the ones camping with OMA tubes, they're the ones getting in glitches (ever since I've played CoD if you wanted to know a glitch ask a kid), and so on and so on. Don't get me wrong, the 17 year olds, and the adults also do that crap (and I've seen a few maturei kids under 17). But not as much, and most of the time once they get their butt kicked in a game they'll leave. I just don't agree with someone letting their kid play an M rated game when they aren't old enough to play it.

I don't see it happening (you hosting the event that is).

I completely agree that young kids should not be playing any sort of M rated game, much less playing online.

However I have on occasion done what is bolded. But it was always in a highly sarcastic way when I was in a party of friends.

Years
    I don't have a prob with the guest stats resetting. If the person plays the game enough to the point where they care about the stuff they unlock then they can get an account and that way both players can level up and keep their stuff.

1: I'm guessing you're talking about only 2 players for split screen? If so then I think it's the same in Black Ops. Not many games these days have 4 player split screen.

2: I'm not sure. I don't know if it'll be like GRAW (an older shooter on the 360) where you have 50 or so enemy AI out there, or it'll be like a normal CoD multiplayer match where it's only 18 people in the game. As far as I know they haven't said anything on the number of AI bots.

3: You might be able to remake it in private matches. They said private matches will be very customizable (as far as setups and such) so it should carry over to offline.

4: The full killstreak list is in the link below.
    https://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/multiplayer/killstreaks

Cheers for that again, you're helping a lot in making my choice (Slightly swayed towards buying it now).

The split screen online is probably more of a side thing to me, as I hardly ever did it in Halo with mates.

Looked at the killstreaks, glad there's no nuke on there. Also glad they don't count towards your killstreak, though I'm a little concerned that there could be plenty of RC bombs around, and I'm not sure if the attack dogs will be any good. Rockets look like they could be fun, though I hope you can shoot them down if you see one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Your mom is a kid. OHHHHHHHHHH

Anyway so this isn't spam, apparently Nazi Zombies has 5 maps on disc. 3 available at the start, 2 you unlock. I love me some zombies so that's great news for me.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    getting the game on 360 only. Selling my ps3 soon. But I took back all of my PS3 games I no longer play and got enough money to buy Black ops from it. I will mainly be playing Zombies though as I really enjoy that mode.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    @

Your mom is a kid. OHHHHHHHHHH

Anyway so this isn't spam, apparently Nazi Zombies has 5 maps on disc. 3 available at the start, 2 you unlock. I love me some zombies so that's great news for me.

5 Maps?! Thats awesome! I thought it was only the 3 and the 4 WaW maps if you had the special editions. So that's a total of 9 maps really. That's awesooooooome :D

Hmm 5 maps, are you sure? One of the new maps is actually called "Five". :0

I agree with the whole kids playing CoD argument. Pretty much any time I hear any kind of that crap, it's from some kid who sounds like he hasn't hit puberty yet. Rarely do I ever encounter at young teen who actually plays the game right (they exist though, I played with one not too long ago. 12 years old and he was kicking everybody's ass haha.)

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    That person sounds like my gf little bro. He is 13 and beats every dingle person I have ever played with easily.

Some people that play it annoy me. Constantly getting the usual gf getting hit on in a rather horrible manner. LIke grown men asking a girl if she wants to... Is just wrong in any sense. That annoys me which is one of the reasons we stopped playing. We are both hoping this stops in Black Ops.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    That person sounds like my gf little bro. He is 13 and beats every dingle person I have ever played with easily.

Some people that play it annoy me. Constantly getting the usual gf getting hit on in a rather horrible manner. LIke grown men asking a girl if she wants to... Is just wrong in any sense. That annoys me which is one of the reasons we stopped playing. We are both hoping this stops in Black Ops.

XBL and PSN are both filled with, if i'm honest, complete A-holes.
    Hence I've got it set so everyone is auto-muted unless they're on my friends list.

Saw the hour long video by gamespot.
    Nuketown looks AWESOME. Can't wait for november 9th. Hard to believe there's only, what.. Six days left?

However.. Camo unlock is quite a high level, thoughts?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    XBL and PSN are both filled with, if i'm honest, complete *******s.
    Hence I've got it set so everyone is auto-muted unless they're on my friends list.

Saw the hour long video by gamespot.
    Nuketown looks AWESOME. Can't wait for november 9th. Hard to believe there's only, what.. Six days left?

However.. Camo unlock is quite a high level, thoughts?

I'm fine with the camo unlock. Not that important to me.
    As for Nuketown, I really want to know what happens when you shoot the heads off of all the mannequins. XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    After watching that hour long vid it explained a little more about the game and answered some of my questions. Like I wondered about Gun Game, if you got a double kill would you got up 2 places or just one, they answered it in the vid saying one. I watched GameTrailers' Bonus Round and in the final part they were talking about an idea called the "Black Market" where if you had the money you could buy anything you wanted in the game, but they done away with that idea. And that confused me because I thought that's how Black Ops was set up, "if you got the money then have at it". But in that GameSpot vid it was showing some of the weapons that were locked, and you had to be at a level to get it and then you had to buy it. Like shotguns for example, there's one called Stakeout that you get at level 8, and the SPAS you get at 24. And in a way I'm kind of sad, I mean I was hoping to prestige, buy the weapon I liked and that way I didn't have to level up to get it back. But not so...
    I know attachments you can buy any of them right off the bat (if you got the money), and I believe perks you can buy right off the bat (but don't quote me on that one). If I can buy any perk once I unlock perks then I'll be happy. I hated not having Ninja in MW2, having to get to 30 something just to unlock it. So if I'm able to get it right away then I'll be happy.

Back